It is currently: May 07, '24, 3:51 pm

Deadspin Article on Wrestlemania, NXT, and state of Wrestling

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Deadspin Article on Wrestlemania, NXT, and state of Wrestling

Postby DBSoT » Mar 15, '15, 10:45 am

http://deadspin.com/is-wrestlemania-goi ... socialflow
I really enjoyed this discussion on the state of Wrestling. It sums up a lot of things people have been thinking and talking about. I especially like the comparison between Marvel movies and Wrestlemania.
I don't know, though. WrestleMania is like a Marvel summer movie. It'll be too long. Some parts will be pretty fun. Some parts will be smarter than they had to be. Some parts won't make any sense, and some parts will annoy the hell out of you. Even if you didn't like it, you'll still leave the theater feeling weirdly satisfied, and you'll still be back for the next one. I'm excited for it the same way I am for Avengers 2. I know it's not going to be The Raid, but I'm still guardedly amped.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Deadspin Article on Wrestlemania, NXT, and state of Wrestling

Postby Hanley! » Mar 15, '15, 11:06 am

I've made comparisons to the Avengers movies too recently, weirdly enough. Wrestlemania is similar in that it doesn't have to have any substance these days, it relies entirely upon its hype. It will also feature a lot of rehashes of old fights and scenes, that people will eat up all over again just so they can see the new coat of polish.

The Avengers hype machine leading up to the first film was pretty genius and it paid off big time, but sometimes I wonder if it's changed pop culture for the worse. There's so much focus on the hype and the spectacle of these kinds of events these days, to the detriment of the actual quality of the end product.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Return to WWE