It is currently: May 12, '24, 1:15 am

Who should retire first: Big Show or Kane?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Well?

Big Show
67%
Kane
33%

Total votes : 9

Who should retire first: Big Show or Kane?

Postby prophet » Mar 14, '15, 12:17 pm

Discuss.

Neither of them add anything to the roster and haven't in a long time and at this point I doubt they could do anything that would make them interesting again. So I ask of thee, which one of them should retire first?

Big Show or Kane?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Who should retire first: Big Show or Kane?

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 14, '15, 12:23 pm

Yes

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby PorkChop » Mar 14, '15, 12:58 pm

Big Show, and anyone who says Kane is wrong.

Big Show is in horrible shape. His knees are shot, he's been carrying around a pretty horrible looking gut for the past few years and his ring work is probably the worst in the company in terms of entertainment. On top of that, he's unbearable as both a face and a heel, he has a terrible finishing move and he doesn't really have anything to compete for. It's difficult to think of anything that can be done to salvage his character.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 14, '15, 1:04 pm

PorkChop wrote:Big Show, and anyone who says Kane is wrong.

Big Show is in horrible shape. His knees are shot, he's been carrying around a pretty horrible looking gut for the past few years and his ring work is probably the worst in the company in terms of entertainment. On top of that, he's unbearable as both a face and a heel, he has a terrible finishing move and he doesn't really have anything to compete for. It's difficult to think of anything that can be done to salvage his character.

I'm going to disagree with this, well to a point anyway. Because I think they should probably both retire :lol

I would rather see Show out there, he's less boring than Kane to me personally. I think Show is better on the mic, he's better at getting heel heat, and I think he's easier to be likeable if he ends up as a face again (which considering his turn history, should be any day now). In the ring maybe Kane is a bit better, but it's not by a whole lot and neither of them seem to be doing a whole lot of wrestling anymore anyway.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Kirbi » Mar 14, '15, 1:04 pm

Big Show, because at least the very sight of Kane doesn't immediately fill me with disappointment.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 14, '15, 1:23 pm

Fuck both of them, but I vote Big Show. Kane can still be funny at times, so if they depush him and put him in comedy skits he can still add something to the product.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Mar 14, '15, 2:50 pm

It's weird, because at this stage Big Show should have more to offer. He's the superior mic worker, and both of them suck in the ring at this point. But there's something about Show that makes him impossible to enjoy at this point. When Kane is on screen he kinda flies under the radar, but Big Show is suffocatingly difficult to watch. He saps every bit of life out of every match or segment he's in.

Kane's a better wrestler these days, though he can't bump to save his life. He can at least move around the ring well, and looks in great shape for his age. Big Show is too big and heavy and graceless to do anything well in the ring. There's very few wrestlers who can lift him to do any kind of slam on him, and he's so immobile that his arsenal is basically all punches and chokes and standing on people. It limits the kind of match he's capable of immensely.

They've both had far too many heel/face turns and character changes, but Kane's rarely been pushed to the main event in recent years so Big Show's seem more ridiculous. They've actually wanted us to care when Big Show turned and nobody ever did.

There's also the fact that Big Show doesn't put over other performers quite so often as Kane. He seems a little greedier and as a result I think fans like Kane more. Plus Kane just seems like one of the truly nice guys in the locker room. So fans might be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt a bit more.

So yeah, I'd say Big Show should go first. Kane shouldn't be long behind him though.

They should both leave soon, and come back for a Hall of Fame induction in a few years. Give people time to remember the good stuff.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » Mar 14, '15, 5:06 pm

as long as the time gap between the two is a couple of seconds I don't care much.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby JPG619 » Mar 14, '15, 7:50 pm

There should be a both option. To be the both been useless for the past 10 years.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Chewy » Mar 15, '15, 4:39 pm

JPG619 wrote:There should be a both option. To be the both been useless for the past 10 years.

Team hell no was in the last ten years.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 15, '15, 7:59 pm

Both are at the end of being useful. Kane I can't see doing anything worth keeping him around, even putting the mask back on can not save him.

Show is in the same boat. The only thing that can save show is his mic work. Show does have one angle left that can be played and that would be pissed off monster. Show could be pushed to start winning matches by letting the bell ring and then just hitting the KO punch as the first move. Run threw the roster to the top, even (don't kill me) taking out the champ in a 30 sec match with the KO. Let him run with the belt for a few months before someone like ziggler or Ambros takes him down.

This idea is just sparked from the bitching of smarks with the gripe of big show not landing the KO early even though he has multiple opportunities in every match

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Kyle » Mar 15, '15, 9:34 pm

I would say Show because Kane is better in the ring.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Headlesspete » Mar 15, '15, 10:51 pm

I never thought i would see the day where i wish retirement upon Kane, but here we are. He's gone from being one of my favorites of all time, to one of my most disappointing. Seriously, i don't think he's done anything in the past 2 years to remotely entertain me. Putting the mask back on at this point would't salvage anything, it would only drag out what is now the perfect example of how to taint your career in 12 easy steps. Step 4 was get involved in a necrophiliac angle, step 9 or 10 was forgot how to sell, and 11 may be to lose any part of your personality that made you interesting. Kane needs to go, now, before any positives of his career are forgotten.

Big Show at this point should go too, but he still offers a few minor positives in his promos. Now and again he can be pretty funny, and atleast its a little more progressive when someone beats Big Show.

Even so, Kane, Big Show and add Henry to the list, all need to take a walk.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby The Legend » Mar 16, '15, 4:53 am

Kane should never have a match again. Big Show I think can be more entertaining in the ring. However, in a non-wrestler role Kane has a lot more value than Big Show.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 16, '15, 6:00 am

The Legend wrote:Kane should never have a match again. Big Show I think can be more entertaining in the ring. However, in a non-wrestler role Kane has a lot more value than Big Show.

When you say kane is more valuable in a non wrestling role, do you mean backstage road agent/trainer role or on screen?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby The Legend » Mar 16, '15, 7:11 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
The Legend wrote:Kane should never have a match again. Big Show I think can be more entertaining in the ring. However, in a non-wrestler role Kane has a lot more value than Big Show.

When you say kane is more valuable in a non wrestling role, do you mean backstage road agent/trainer role or on screen?

Both. I think he was a pretty convincing corporate guy just as Glen Jacobs as an actor. I thought he could easily step into a GM role and I could definitely see that as possible.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Mar 16, '15, 8:40 am

Both Big Show and Kane suck tremendously, but Kane at least cares enough to keep himself in good physical condition, so I'd say Big Show can fuck off first and then Kane can follow soon after.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 16, '15, 8:43 am

Everlong wrote:Both Big Show and Kane suck tremendously, but Kane at least cares enough to keep himself in good physical condition, so I'd say Big Show can fuck off first and then Kane can follow soon after.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Kane keeps himself in better shape. Big Show's body type simply can't handle maintaining a slim build well at all. The guy has had weight problems his entire career pretty much on and off. When you're that size with his condition it isn't easy.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Mar 16, '15, 11:36 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:Both Big Show and Kane suck tremendously, but Kane at least cares enough to keep himself in good physical condition, so I'd say Big Show can fuck off first and then Kane can follow soon after.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Kane keeps himself in better shape. Big Show's body type simply can't handle maintaining a slim build well at all. The guy has had weight problems his entire career pretty much on and off. When you're that size with his condition it isn't easy.

Yeah I mean some guys when they try to get that strong simply add a lot of weight. Look at Mark Henry in the 90's and look at every NFL lineman.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 16, '15, 11:43 am

Show was in horrible shape back in like 2006. He slimmed down a lot when he returned in 2008, maybe gotten a bit slower since then but he's still nowhere near as slow as he used to be. I think the issue is that Show's wrestling style is just boring no matter what shape he's in.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Next

Return to WWE