It is currently: May 11, '24, 9:42 am

Who should Heyman advocate for?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who should Heyman advocate for?

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 9:54 pm

After Mania? Presuming Brock leaves of course.

Heyman is always gold on the mic and continues to entertain on television. I would imagine they would like to keep him on Raw in some capacity. And yet his run with Axel didn't work, his run with Cesaro didn't work either. Does he only work with Brock?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Who should Heyman advocate for?

Postby Messiah » Mar 04, '15, 10:00 pm

The reason it didn't work with Cesaro is because it wasn't a natural fit. The WWE thinks you can just place any manager with any character, or at least that is the only explanation behind them putting Axel and Heyman together, but it doesn't work that way. Lita was the only manager that could have worked with Rated R Edge. Vickie Guerrero was the perfect manager for '07-'08 Edge, although Guerrero wasn't so much his manager as she was a corrupt authority figure. Heyman just didn't fit with Cesaro and Cesaro didn't need him to get over.

I'm not interested in seeing him with anyone on the roster. If it had to be someone, then I don't know. Baron Corbin maybe? Even then, a guy like Heyman wouldn't make sense for Corbin's gimmick.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 10:05 pm

The one that makes the most sense from a storyline perspective is........... Roman Reigns.

If Lesnar is defeated and leaves that is. Heyman has already been pretty complimentary of Reigns throughout the build, quick to bill him as a beast who can beat anybody but Brock. If Reigns beats Brock, Heyman could easily slide into the role with Reigns. This is all assuming WWE smartens up and realizes that the crowd isn't getting behind Reigns as presently constituted.

Reigns biggest weaknesses right now are his lack of mic skills, and his inability to get the crowd behind him. Turning him heel fixes the second issue, and having Heyman with him solves the first one.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Mar 04, '15, 10:08 pm

Reigns. The best thing to happen to Reigns' career is to have Heyman talking for him. Heyman does his best work when he is working with beast monster heels.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 04, '15, 10:24 pm

Reigns, which makes me wonder....

Could this be the plan? Heyman has been hyping reigns almost as much as brock, could he possibly turn on Brock at WM and side with reigns? This would turn reigns heel, keep heyman on TV, let Brock leave under a questionable outcome for any possible future runs and open up face/heel storylines with guys like ambros, cena, Orton, Bryan, ziggler, or any other guy that could fight for the title without having to be built for a match with Brock.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '15, 10:26 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Reigns, which makes me wonder....

Could this be the plan? Heyman has been hyping reigns almost as much as brock, could he possibly turn on Brock at WM and side with reigns? This would turn reigns heel, keep heyman on TV, let Brock leave under a questionable outcome for any possible future runs and open up face/heel storylines with guys like ambros, cena, Orton, Bryan, ziggler, or any other guy that could fight for the title without having to be built for a match with Brock.

This might be the best possible outcome. I hate to see Brock/Heyman split up, but hey they've done it before :P

Plus if Brock leaves he'll likely be gone for at least a couple years, and Heyman will probably be gone from Reigns long before then.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Mar 04, '15, 10:46 pm

How would the dynamic between Heyman and Reigns work? They want Reigns to have a voice, right? So why pair him up with a mouth piece?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby The Legend » Mar 05, '15, 6:23 am

I've been saying since the Royal Rumble that if the plan really is for Brock to leave for UFC after Mania that they just need to bite the bullet and ride the wave of the crowd reaction to Reigns and have Heyman screw Lesnar to get the win. Turn Reigns heel and go after it with a partnership with Heyman. It will work perfectly.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Mar 05, '15, 8:03 am

The Reigns thing could really work, if they decide to give up on his babyface push. Have Heyman screw Lesnar the same way he screwed him back in 2002 against the Big Show. On the other hand though, that would be a really weird way to end Wrestlemania. But if they waited and pulled the heel turn after the big show (even the next night), I could definitely see this working.

They already teased a Rollins/Heyman partnership and that could work out well. I think it'd work best if the Authority lost power, so Rollins saw no further use for staying with them. So he jumps ship to become a Heyman guy. I think that partnership is interesting, but ultimately I don't think Rollins needs Heyman so he could be put to better use.

He could also just become the new General Manager after the Authority lose power (hopefully at Wrestlemania). I understand that we would be going from a heel authority figure to another heel authority figure, but with Lesnar gone, Heyman wouldn't really have a horse in the race in terms of who he wants as champion. He could be a more general authority figure that fucks with the faces a bit, but doesn't get too involved in the show and lets a lot of things play out naturally. Even that would be hugely refreshing at this point in comparison to Triple H and Stephanie in charge, which has become massively tedious.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Mar 05, '15, 8:43 am

^^^ I think they risk having Mania end awkwardly with Reigns being by the crowd anyways, so why not have it look like you want him getting boo'd by those in attendance. Plus, it would be a huge moment and generate some real buzz for the product and capture more people's interest I believe.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 05, '15, 8:47 am

Circled Square wrote:How would the dynamic between Heyman and Reigns work? They want Reigns to have a voice, right? So why pair him up with a mouth piece?

Reigns can still talk though, just let Heyman do the Lion's share. Having Reigns in the ring with someone as comfortable on the mic as Heyman could cause him to learn a lot.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Mar 05, '15, 8:50 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Circled Square wrote:How would the dynamic between Heyman and Reigns work? They want Reigns to have a voice, right? So why pair him up with a mouth piece?

Reigns can still talk though, just let Heyman do the Lion's share. Having Reigns in the ring with someone as comfortable on the mic as Heyman could cause him to learn a lot.

Right, here's the thing with Reigns, less is more. He can be compelling and intimidating when he's delivering short, crisp lines and promos. that makes it hard to sell a feud overall so you can have Heyman come in give his grand speech and then have Reigns drop in a few lines at the end or even in the middle.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Hanley! » Mar 05, '15, 10:05 am

The Legend wrote:Right, here's the thing with Reigns, less is more. He can be compelling and intimidating when he's delivering short, crisp lines and promos. that makes it hard to sell a feud overall so you can have Heyman come in give his grand speech and then have Reigns drop in a few lines at the end or even in the middle.

So basically exactly what Heyman is doing with Lesnar. And exactly what Lana is doing with Rusev for that matter. There's a pretty simple formula to getting these monster characters over.

The Legend wrote:^^^ I think they risk having Mania end awkwardly with Reigns being by the crowd anyways, so why not have it look like you want him getting boo'd by those in attendance. Plus, it would be a huge moment and generate some real buzz for the product and capture more people's interest I believe.

I think the problem with this is that it's not a strong statement for a guy to turn heel on another heel. If they managed to begin a slow Lesnar face turn before Mania it could work out great, but I'm not sure he'll be on television enough for them to accomplish that.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 05, '15, 10:46 am

Hanley! wrote:I think the problem with this is that it's not a strong statement for a guy to turn heel on another heel. If they managed to begin a slow Lesnar face turn before Mania it could work out great, but I'm not sure he'll be on television enough for them to accomplish that.

I don't think crowd reaction will be a problem if this happened at Mania. I feel confident that Lesnar will be getting a pretty big babyface reaction at Mania, I mean he already gets one and Reigns has the crowd turning on him already. If so, Heyman turning on him to help Reigns would get a pretty big reaction.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Mar 05, '15, 10:48 am

How would you guys feel if John Cena won the MITB briefcase away from Seth Rollins at WrestleMania, then Brock beat Reigns and afterwards, Heyman screws Brock and brings out Cena who cashes in and turns heel?

Heyman and Cena would be a good combo. I think they should pull the trigger.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Mar 05, '15, 11:02 am

That's not the kind of heel Cena should be. He really should turn heel, but they should be playing up those aspects of his character that fans already hate instead of just turning him into a generic chicken shit heel who does the cheap Money in the Bank cash in and teams with Paul Heyman for no obvious reason.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 05, '15, 11:04 am

If Cena turned heel at the end of Mania, can you imagine the online reaction here and elsewhere!? It might be the only thing that could trump Lesnar beating Brock's streak.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Mar 05, '15, 9:41 pm

If Cena turned heel, it may surpass Stone Cold's heel turn.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Return to WWE