It is currently: May 05, '24, 5:49 pm

Will Bray Wyatt Retire the Undertaker?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Will Bray Wyatt Retire the Undertaker?

Postby DBSoT » Feb 23, '15, 10:58 am

Last night Bray Wyatt announced that he wants to face the Undertaker at wrestlemania. He gave a speech about him being the new face of fear and that he will finally make Taker Rest In Peace. Listening to this promo (which was pretty good) and I found myself thinking that he maybe the one to finally retire Taker for good. We all know that Taker is not really fit to compete anymore and that without the streak he has very little reason to return every year. Since its clear that Sting will not be facing Taker, the only match left with any intrigue would be a retirement match. So I have two questions:
1) Will Bray retire Taker at WrestleMania?
2) If so, will retiring Taker get Bray a lot of momentum back and put him at a Main Event level (In your mind)?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Will Bray Wyatt Retire the Undertaker?

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 23, '15, 11:04 am

1) No he won't retire Taker. Not directly anyway, I expect Bray to lose to Taker. I could see Taker retiring after the match and it being his last match. So I guess Bray would "retire" him in a way. But not with a loss.

2) I think Bray probably stays at the same level after Mania regardless of the loss. The mid card is thick with guys who WWE would probably like to push in a perfect world, but they don't really have the balls to go with a full fledged push for younger guys not named Reigns or Rollins.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 23, '15, 12:44 pm

No

The Undertaker vs. Sting will be headlining WM 32 in Dallas next year.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Everlong » Feb 23, '15, 12:56 pm

Only Undertaker can retire Undertaker.

Or death I guess.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 23, '15, 12:59 pm

If this was WM30, then possibly, yes.

But no. Taker wins and retires on his own decision or gives himself another year for Taker-Sting (why not this year?)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby lyonssv » Feb 23, '15, 1:00 pm

I may in the minority here, but I've been really impressed with Bray Wyatt recently. I would agree he lost a lot of his momentum during his feud with Cena and his feud with Ambrose was booked rather strangely, but I think Wyatt has been seriously impressive. Plus, he's been booked as an absolute beast over the past several months and he seems as one of the most legitimate threats on the roster.

I had zero interest in a Wrestlemania match with the Undertaker, but Bray's promos have kind of got me into it. I enjoyed the segment last night. In a dream world, this should have been done last year and Bray should have ended the streak. However, I think he's done a good job of building this match up. Unfortunately, I have a feeling WWE will have Wyatt job to Taker and has only built him up to let Taker take him out. My wish is that they let Wyatt put Taker out of his misery and continue his rampage over the Roster towards a possible title shot.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 23, '15, 1:02 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:If this was WM30, then possibly, yes.

But no. Taker wins and retires on his own decision or gives himself another year for Taker-Sting (why not this year?)

I think they want a 1 year build up to this match. They didn't want to rush it. I expect it to get started the Raw after WM.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby prophet » Feb 23, '15, 1:12 pm

I'd hope so. Wyatt has been great teasing this match in the past few weeks and the segment at Fast Lane was awesome I think - I have high hopes for the build up to this one and hope they just have fun with it and go all out with the theatrics. As long as Taker doesn't look like he's close to death at the end of the match I'll be happy. Not sure why next year's show being in Dallas has any bearing - he can just as easily retire at 31 then headline the hall of fame next year.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '15, 1:22 pm

There's no way Wyatt wins this match. They're pairing him with the Undertaker because he's just about big enough to make for a match people might want to see, but he's expendable enough for them to let him lose clean to a part-timer. The push he's been getting recently has just been to fatten him up for his loss to the Undertaker.

Undertaker is returning for one of two reasons: either to win a match and leave on a high note, or to help set up a match with Sting for next year. Either way, this pairing has been done more for Undertaker's benefit than Wyatt's. How Wyatt will recover from this is hard to say. It's not clear how invested they actually are in pushing him. The last time he was pushed it was to fatten him up for Cena and once he lost that feud, he was actually off television for quite a while. Hopefully he can sustain some momentum after the Undertaker loss but I wouldn't count on it.

Rusev is getting the same treatment. He's being fattened up for the big loss to Cena this year. It's been pretty clear for a while now. Again, I'm not sure where his character goes once he takes that defeat, but hopefully his momentum isn't completely derailed. A strong super heavyweight is a good addition to the roster, particularly if Lesnar is leaving.

Rollins is our best hope this year of a young guy beating an established star.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE