It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:28 pm

Goldust vs Stardust

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Goldust vs Stardust

Postby Hanley! » Feb 22, '15, 4:41 pm

Is it just me or did they deliberately wait until nobody cared before running with this feud?

The last two or maybe even three years, people have had Goldust vs Cody Rhodes on their dream Wrestlemania card. Now that it's finally happening though nobody cares at all. And it probably won't even make it onto the Wrestlemania card. And it shouldn't. Because nobody cares.

It's crazy to think how over these guys were a year and a half ago as a tag team. They were fighting against the Shield and the Authority, putting on awesome matches and generally surpassing everyone's expectations for the team. Since then though, they've been completely destroyed as characters.

Stardust has been terrible from the start. I like Cody, and he's really giving this his all, but he can't make it work. Nobody could make it work. Both of these guys have just become additions to the list of "weird characters" whose only defining personality traits or character motivations are "act weird all the time because you're the weird guys". Stardust is supposed to be a play on the Goldust character, but the Goldust character was never crazy before. He didn't talk about outer fucking space and cosmic keys and all that bollocks.

People kinda lost interest in the team, I reckon, as soon as Cody put on that ridiculous makeup. The heel turn was botched, and people probably weren't inclined to care anyway. The face turn was so rushed that I've no idea when it is supposed to have happened. And Cody turning on his brother was both predictable and completely unexciting.

I really have to wonder if the writers have even been trying with these guys. 18 months ago they were behind only Bryan and possibly the Shield in terms of being over. Now nobody gives a fuck.

I feel kinda bad for them. If Goldust really is retiring soon, he deserved a better final run after getting into such good shape and performing so well in the ring. Meanwhile, I'm worried Cody's credibility might be kinda ruined forever.

Is anyone actually looking forward to their match tonight? Does anyone care who wins even a little?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Goldust vs Stardust

Postby Viazon » Feb 22, '15, 4:53 pm

I just want it to be over and hopefully Cody can go back to being the star he has the potential to be.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 22, '15, 5:08 pm

I think the most interesting point where they could have done this was when the Rhodes family were getting hit by the Authority and Cody lost his job and Goldust came back to get it. They had a match with the Shield. They had an awesome moment of all three members of the family walking down the ramp.

Yeah then. They should have done something then.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Circled Square » Feb 23, '15, 2:58 am

I feel like the WWE is fucking delayed or something. It's nuts how late they pick up on things.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 23, '15, 3:02 am

Has anybody else had an issue with the network where you attempt to watch the late showing at 11 but cannot restart the event from the beginning? It started with the Rumble for me and since then, both events have disallowed me to start them from the beginning. I missed the first hour of Fast Lane because of this. I initially thought that one of the best aspects of the network was that your could choose to start as late as possible on Sunday night but it seems to me that WWE has robbed us of that freedom.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE