It is currently: May 03, '24, 2:56 am

The Bryan/Reigns Brawl

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Bryan/Reigns Brawl

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 17, '15, 8:10 am

I think it did alot for Reigns and Bryan. I think it did a lot to sell the main event too. Sometimes a good old fashioned brawl gets you amped up for a match and i'm looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to Reigns winning but... should be an entertaining match. The crowd finally came alive when they started going at each other.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The Bryan/Reigns Brawl

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 17, '15, 10:47 am

Yeah I really enjoyed the brawl and thought it was well done. It feels like we haven't seen a wild brawl like that for a long time, but I could be wrong. Roman's mouth being busted added to it and made it look even better. I loved Reigns getting the chair shot to the back and then no selling it and hitting a big forearm :lol The guys in the crowd nearby sure loved it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Feb 17, '15, 11:25 am

Yeah, I thought the way they handled Reigns and Bryan throughout the night was really well done. They've done a good job of creating some palpable tension that will serve the match well.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 17, '15, 9:39 pm

The whole night was a decent way of selling the match. It was not the standard build and it worked real well. I am glad they figured out how to sell roman without a fucking mic in his hand

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Circled Square » Feb 17, '15, 9:46 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:The whole night was a decent way of selling the match. It was not the standard build and it worked real well. I am glad they figured out how to sell roman without a fucking mic in his hand

He never needed the mic in his hand to be effective and it showed.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 18, '15, 5:21 am

Circled Square wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:The whole night was a decent way of selling the match. It was not the standard build and it worked real well. I am glad they figured out how to sell roman without a fucking mic in his hand

Someone else said that roman would be more effective as a heel and i must agree. In this era its harder and harder to be a acceptable face, roman may be a all around package with moderate abilities in all areas but his mic skills and by all meens should be a great face but he just cant make it happen. By shutting up on the mic and going on a violent rampage he could be a much loved heel

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 18, '15, 9:06 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

Someone else said that roman would be more effective as a heel and i must agree. In this era its harder and harder to be a acceptable face, roman may be a all around package with moderate abilities in all areas but his mic skills and by all meens should be a great face but he just cant make it happen. By shutting up on the mic and going on a violent rampage he could be a much loved heel

The Reigns on display on Raw is the best version of him. Very little talking and just being a straight bad ass mother fucker.

The massive difference between Reigns pre-injury and Reigns post-injury is that when he came back they tried to make him talk. They tried to get him over with a corny personality. Pre-injury there was a little of that but his aura was built around his entrance, look, persona and in ring style. That's what they need to go back to. They need to not be afraid for him to work this match as a heel because that's going to be his natural alignment on Sunday and that honestly just benefits Reigns. He's much more effective when aggressive.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE