It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:26 am

Big Show Won a Match Against the Royal Rumble Winner in 2015

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Big Show Won a Match Against the Royal Rumble Winner in 2015

Postby Hanley! » Feb 03, '15, 5:50 pm

I don't hate on Big Show as much as some, but what the fuck?

I know it wasn't clean. I know Reigns got his revenge later. But still. What the fuck?

Part of me is still having trouble processing the fact that WWE took a singles performer who had basically never had a one-on-one feud on television, who they wanted to push to become the next big face of the company, and they said "You know the one guy that can really legitimize Reigns and get him over before the Wrestlemania main event? The Big Show!"

Who makes that kind of call? Why do they still think Big Show can be a main eventer in 2015? A year after he arrived in WWE, he was being treated as a nobody, but now 15 years later he's treated as a big deal. Until the next time he becomes a bottom of the card comedy jobber. And yet when he turns heel again a year later, we're supposed to take him seriously all over again.

Having this guy beating Reigns and knocking out Ziggler and Wyatt and Ambrose just seems weird at this point. He's not relevant anymore. People don't care anymore. Just stop it.

And I swear when Big Show talked about nobody being able to toss him over the top rope at the Royal Rumble, I think I laugh-cringed. You can't make those kinds of claims when WWE have made a big deal about someone tossing you over the top rope pretty much every year of your career. :lol

I'm ranting now. I was just genuinely surprised they let Big Show beat Reigns. I'm starting to wonder if he's got dirt on Vince at this point. Why keep putting this guy in top spots when they gain so little from it?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Big Show Won a Match Against the Royal Rumble Winner in 2015

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 03, '15, 5:58 pm

Also worth noting (via Reddit) is that this is Reigns' first singles loss since early 2012.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 03, '15, 6:06 pm

Big Show is quite possibly the most expendable guy on the roster in my opinion. At least among the guys that are still heavily featured. He can still cut a pretty good promo, but man, if there was ever a case of a guy who you just groan when his music hits.

Steve is right about them trying to make him out to be a big deal. It's insulting to people's intelligence at this point when Show and Kane are being treated as people to fear.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Daz » Feb 03, '15, 7:32 pm

Big Show and Kane ruin all that is fun in wrestling.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 04, '15, 7:00 am

I agree but I have to say, crying Big Show is the man. He can make an average storyline more believe when he does that. I know it's not relevant but I felt it needed to be said. He's underrated in that respect.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Kyle » Feb 04, '15, 10:59 am

It's bloody ridiculous that Show and Kane are being used in featured roles now. Nobody cares about Big Show. Nobody.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Return to WWE