It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 1:42 pm

Here's to Miz and Mizdow

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Here's to Miz and Mizdow

Postby prophet » Feb 03, '15, 1:52 pm

For being consistently entertaining in a spot on that card that shouldn't allow them to be consistently entertaining. Mizdow has been getting great reactions week-in week-out and Miz has been brilliant in this gimmick. I'm happy that they seem to be saving their split-up for Wrestlemania and I'm looking forward to their eventual match even if it does end up on the pre-show. Anyone else been enjoying Miz and Mizdow's interactions?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Here's to Miz and Mizdow

Postby Everlong » Feb 03, '15, 1:53 pm

The Rumble was my first exposure to the gimmick and I thought it was fucking hilarious, my buddies and I were cracking up the whole time. Unfortunately it's a gimmick that doesn't have an extremely long shelf life, but I'm glad they're getting the most out of it while they can.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Feb 03, '15, 2:35 pm

The Miz is fucking awesome, doesn't get enough credit. He is one of those guys who shouldn't be in the main event but in a heel, mid-card role, he is one of the best. Mizdow has been good too, they work extremely well together.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 03, '15, 2:57 pm

Yeah the whole thing has been a great undercard act, something that WWE lacks more often than not. It's something to keep people watching stuff they normally they would probably turn the channel for.

I do fear for both of these guys after they split and feud though. Sandow wasn't exactly doing well before this and unless they have him mimic other wrestlers as well after, I'm not sure he'll be able to sustain this overness.

Miz has definitely pulled his weight in this pairing, and to be honest might be doing more of the heavy lifting with all the promo work. I've always thought he's been unfairly shit on. He didn't belong in the main event scene maybe but he's one of their better mid card characters they have.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Feb 03, '15, 3:03 pm

I really hope they find a spot on the Mania card for them to fight this one out. Both guys deserve the spot on the biggest card as guys that have been among the most entertaining guys all year long.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 03, '15, 11:11 pm

Whats great about it is the slow burn to it. Wwe has not really acknowledged the gimmick directly besides a few rants/raves by commentary. Its been treated like a background comedy act at best.

I also fear for mizdow though, i dont see how this gimmick would work outside of a relevant partner like miz and by spliting it makes him vulnerable to a santino like career

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Daz » Feb 04, '15, 12:54 am

I feel like they missed the boat not giving Miz a whole entourage. The week he had the makeup chair and the make up girl was excellent. It was a shame they didn't keep that going. Mizdow deserves all the credit in the world for turning what was essentially a throw away gimmick into something fun and engaging. Miz has always been tremendous at that, and really should never have been allowed to become an afterthought following WrestleMania 27.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Kyle » Feb 04, '15, 11:03 am

Mizdow made me laugh every week, so for that he gets my admiration.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Return to WWE