It is currently: May 10, '24, 5:58 am

If not Brock Lesnar then who would you like Daniel Bryan to face at Wrestlemania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

If not Brock Lesnar then who would you like Daniel Bryan to face at Wrestlemania?

Postby Tom » Jan 21, '15, 3:08 pm

Title asks the question really.

Seth Rollins would be a good choice (probably the best one). He is a member of the authority, who Daniel Bryan has had run ins with for over a year now so it would be fitting for him to face Rollins, who is the authority's number one guy. But I get the feeling Rollins will be occupied with Orton at Mania.

Beyond that Rusev would be another smart choice. Although I'd much prefer if Reigns (or Ziggler) got this spot and was the one to defeat Rusev, it wouldn't surprise me if they chose Bryan to be the one who does it to give one of their top stars a "Wrestlemania moment". This is a match I think could work well to some degree. The big man vs small man nature of the match would make it an intriguing battle and I think both performers are capable of pulling it off. The only problem would be that it would feel like "Bryan vs Brock lite".

I think Cena would be another guy that could bring a big match spectacle to a match with Bryan. Although they have faced each other before, a match at Mania between the two so called biggest faces in the company could be entertaining and they do have decent chemistry together. It's a match The Authority could put it together as a way of trying to get the two guys that have defied them the most against one another. Why not have the two guys that The Authority has tried more to screw over more go at it at Mania? I would probably prefer Ziggler in this role more than Bryan (especially if they gave Ziggler the victory) but it wouldn't surprise me if they booked this to give both Cena and Bryan an prominent position on the card outside of the title match.

Either way, I am hoping that none of these are even an option and that we do get Brock vs Bryan for the title at Mania!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Re: If not Brock Lesnar then who would you like Daniel Bryan to face at Wrestlemania?

Postby prophet » Jan 21, '15, 3:12 pm

Seth Rollins.

Biggest babyface vs biggest heel. Two of the best wrestlers in the world. Bryan vs The Authority. So many factors that would make that match worthy of a high spot at Wrestlemania. In a perfect world this match would be the main event for the title (Brock can still face Reigns, just leave the title out of it). I'd still love to see Brock/Bryan close the show but the thought of Bryan/Rollins is even more mouth-watering to me.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: If not Brock Lesnar then who would you like Daniel Bryan to face at Wrestlemania?

Postby Kyle » Jan 21, '15, 3:14 pm

Yeah, Bryan vs Rollins. That would be incredible to witness.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby PorkChop » Jan 21, '15, 3:14 pm

Seth Rollins. I have no idea how to book the feud, but I'm dying to see that match.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Jan 21, '15, 3:15 pm

I'd actually love to see Bryan vs Rollins as the title match. And it's still very much possible (although unlikely). But yeah, that would be the best match up for him if he's not facing Lesnar, title or no title.

Rollins is likely facing Orton, which I was all for a couple of months ago, but now it seems somehow beneath Rollins. He's been forced to carry the show as top heel for a while and it feels like he's actually above Orton in the pecking order right now.

If not Rollins, I'd like to see Bryan face Rusev, I guess. They could have a good match and it would be more effective a moment if Rusev lost for the first time to someone smaller than he is. If Reigns or Cena is the first to beat him, nobody will buy them as underdogs.

There's not many others for him. He could fight someone from the Authority that wasn't Rollins but that would be a step down for him. Triple H has been done already, Kane has been done far too much already and with Big Show nobody would care.

He could do Wyatt, I suppose. But that's been done already too and Wyatt doesn't exactly make for entertaining feuds. The last option would be to turn someone heel. In which case, Ambrose makes the most sense right now. They haven't really treated him right as face, so a heel turn could conceivably make him relevant again (though I think he'd have a brighter future as a face if they booked it right).

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Tom » Jan 21, '15, 3:19 pm

prophet wrote:Seth Rollins.

Biggest babyface vs biggest heel. Two of the best wrestlers in the world. Bryan vs The Authority. So many factors that would make that match worthy of a high spot at Wrestlemania. In a perfect world this match would be the main event for the title (Brock can still face Reigns, just leave the title out of it). I'd still love to see Brock/Bryan close the show but the thought of Bryan/Rollins is even more mouth-watering to me.

For me, I think Brock/Bryan has a closed window. If it doesn't happen at Mania, it will probably never happen. And I really think Brock and Bryan will put forward a match that will be different from pretty much all of Bryan's other matches. It could even end up being Bryan's best match in WWE thus far. With Rollins, I think they have lots of opportunities to have them headline again in future years, even though this year it would also make perfect sense. For that reason I would definitely choose Bryan/Brock over Bryan/Rollins.

Also, I think the guy who topples Brock will get so much more out of it by beating him at Mania. To beat Brock at the same show where he ended The Undertaker's streak would be a fitting end to that story. In my opinion, Brock shouldn't lose until Mania!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 23

Postby Locke » Jan 21, '15, 3:48 pm

I almost don't want to see Bryan face Brock. I just don't think I can realistically get behind it. Brock should just destroy Bryan in every way shape and form, realistically. I felt the same way when Brock was going against Punk. It was a pretty okay match but the whole time I never got hyped because I just knew there's no way Brock would lose to Punk, I feel the same about Bryan.

I would much rather see Bryan versus Rollins. Would be amazing. Two ring general work horses going at it, heel versus face. Now -that- is a match.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby prophet » Jan 21, '15, 3:59 pm

Locke wrote:I almost don't want to see Bryan face Brock. I just don't think I can realistically get behind it. Brock should just destroy Bryan in every way shape and form, realistically. I felt the same way when Brock was going against Punk. It was a pretty okay match but the whole time I never got hyped because I just knew there's no way Brock would lose to Punk, I feel the same about Bryan.

I would much rather see Bryan versus Rollins. Would be amazing. Two ring general work horses going at it, heel versus face. Now -that- is a match.

*Waits for @Vaderbomb to take personal offence*

:D

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Locke » Jan 21, '15, 4:05 pm

^Probably. And he can argue until he's blue in the face. :P I just don't see it, and won't. Maybe if Brock wasn't successful in the UFC on top of things it'd be different, because you could fool yourself into thinking he doesn't have a technical game, and that's only if you'd ever heard of the NAIA on top of it.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to WWE