It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:48 am

what was the point in Rybacks speach?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

what was the point in Rybacks speach?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 29, '14, 9:27 pm

So ryback made what felt like a 20 minute speech about his life growing up, wanting to join wwe, getting passed up on tough enough, getting depression, getting out of depression, getting signed, breaking his whole fucking leg, and coming back stronger. In the end he finished it with something stupid like "it all made me hungry for more, rusev you better run cause the big guy is hungry"

Was that whole promo just to sell the match? I swear it was gonna lead to a "I'm injured again" or something like that. It was all geared like a desire vignette from the additude era and ended with some cheesy match build. WTF? :banghead

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: what was the point in Rybacks speach?

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 29, '14, 9:28 pm

Humanises him, gave a bit of meaning to "Feed Me More" and hinted at the unfortunate nature of how easily injuries can occur in WWE, I get the feeling that was mostly for the benefit of Daniel Bryan later in the night.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Dec 29, '14, 9:46 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Humanises him, gave a bit of meaning to "Feed Me More" and hinted at the unfortunate nature of how easily injuries can occur in WWE, I get the feeling that was mostly for the benefit of Daniel Bryan later in the night.

I think it might have been partially to allow the fans to bond with him a little after Punk publicly blasted him recently. Punk made him seem like a dangerous, sloppy meathead of a wrestler. They might have worried that fans would lose interest in him, and wanted to show that he's hard working and driven, etc.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 29, '14, 9:50 pm

Hanley! wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:Humanises him, gave a bit of meaning to "Feed Me More" and hinted at the unfortunate nature of how easily injuries can occur in WWE, I get the feeling that was mostly for the benefit of Daniel Bryan later in the night.

I think it might have been partially to allow the fans to bond with him a little after Punk publicly blasted him recently. Punk made him seem like a dangerous, sloppy meathead of a wrestler. They might have worried that fans would lose interest in him, and wanted to show that he's hard working and driven, etc.

Yeah, I don't doubt it. I quite enjoyed the promo too.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 29, '14, 10:06 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

Yeah, I don't doubt it. I quite enjoyed the promo too.

I enjoyed it as well but it just felt like there should have been a better conclusion to it, something more meaningful. He could have ended it with something sappy like thanking the fans for getting behind him and for the support. Then give a "BTW, rusev, your gonna get your ass whooped by the BIG GUY"

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Postby Kyle » Dec 30, '14, 12:45 am

He's kind of hard to get behind so yeah, maybe they did it to build him up in the eyes of the fans.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby prophet » Dec 30, '14, 4:40 am

Hanley! wrote:

Yeah pretty much this, they seem to be trying hard to get the fans behind Ryback. I enjoyed his promo tbh, particularly when he said about his feud with Rusev not being about patriotism, thank god.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Dec 30, '14, 5:45 am

Yeah, I mean that's basically the first bit of character development and making him out to be a real human they've done with Ryback. It probably won't go anywhere, but it is good for getting more of an emotional bond between Ryback and the fans.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE