It is currently: May 08, '24, 5:54 am

TLC or NXT:R-Evolution?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Which event are you looking forward to more?

TLC PPV
14%
NXT: R-Evolution Live Special
86%

Total votes : 7

TLC or NXT:R-Evolution?

Postby DBSoT » Dec 09, '14, 11:33 am

Which event are you looking forward to more? Both events are this week and both have there merits.

I would choose NXT for two reasons.
1. The Zayn-Neville fued is the best written one in the company at the moment. Also its refreshing to see a story come together after a year of build up, like the Sami Zayn climb to the top.

2. The one thing NXT does really well is they make the events feel special. Because we all have to wait 3 months to see them, it feels like you are really watching a special event.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: TLC or NXT:R-Evolution?

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 09, '14, 11:39 am

N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T!

Gonna be so good dawg. Much better build, more interesting matches and NXT has a track record of being better than the main WWE shows.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Dec 09, '14, 12:22 pm

NXT without any shadow of a doubt. I won't be watching TLC sadly, nothing interesting on that card. R-Evolution is must-see in my eyes.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Dec 09, '14, 12:26 pm

The debut of Kevin Owens (Steen) man I cannot wait!!!

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby JPG619 » Dec 11, '14, 8:51 pm

NXT was amazing tonight the Nevelle vs Zain match was one of the best matches I seen on NXT

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 11, '14, 9:06 pm

That was easily one of the best wrestling shows of the year.

- Badass debut by Steen
- Great tag match between Kenta/Balor and the other guys (minus the GTS tease)
- Hell of a women's match
- Neville and Zayn tore the fucking house down
- Loved the swerve ending. Lots to look forward to from here on out.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby DBSoT » Dec 12, '14, 12:11 am

And once again NXT blows me away. Just the best wrestling show around.
- It was smart to open with Owens/Parker. Parker got some offense, but the way Steen moves at that size is incredible. The bloody nose really added to the FIGHT! gimmick, even though it wasn't intentional.

-The tag title match was not these two teams' best match, but it was still good and the crowd real seems to dig both teams.

-Is there anything better than that Balor entrance? It was amazingly badass. It made the match feel big time and was visually stunning. The GTS tease was awesome and kudos to the crowd for cheering for it, but not chanting CM Punk after. In the end, both teams looked good and the right team won. Keeping Balor and Itami a team for a bit longer is a good idea. It will be nice to see them both in singles though.

- Seriously, how can woman on NXT kill it time after time, but we can't get one good woman's match on Raw or Smackdown? Sasha Banks has the goods to be really special as a heel and I know some may not like Charlotte, but she has now had three amazing title matches at live specials. When the camera's are on she puts on some great matches. The moonsault reverse into a senton was perfect.

- What can I say about Zayn/Neville? It obvious that they have great chemistry as they have had multiple great matches, but this was their best. Not just because of the wrestling itself, but because of the storytelling and ring psychology. It helps that the story has been building for a year. Zayn may want to watch the language though. I notice they had to cut the mic at least 3 maybe 4 times because he said Fuck! to loud. The office won't like that too much.

-The post match swerve was done well, albeit the celebration was a bit long. I have read that people believe this is going to be a rehash of Steen-Generico from the indys, but I disagree. The El Generico character is very different from Sami Zayn or at least the guy Sami Zayn has evolved into. The main thing about this feud is it will lead to some very good personal promos and great matches. Its the perfect feud to start Owens in on because the character is suppose to be a fighter who was passed over for his friends. Sami Zayn got signed first and has all the fan support, but Owens had to wait 3 more years to even sniff NXT. I am wondering if they will add Neville to the feud as a third former friend.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 12, '14, 12:58 am

NXT:R-Evolution was the best WWE show this year. I cried over five times within the show. Incredible stuff.

Kevin's epic debut. Finn Balor (Prince Devitt) and Hideo Itami (KENTA) creating one of the most surreal mark-out matches that I've ever seen. The Boss showing the world why she is just that despite losing to Charlotte. The main event is equal to any of the classic WWE PPV main events and ending/the swerve at the end was beautiful. Big props to WWE for that one.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Dec 12, '14, 7:43 am

There are too many good things to say about NXT: R-Evolution.

I will just put it like this. If you dislike the WWE product but still want to watch a good wrestling program then you need to watch NXT. It is, in my opinion, well worth $9.99 and the show is only going to get better with Owens vs. Zayn and Devitt and Itami probably going off on their own in singles action soon. Not to mention, their divas division is fantastic. As VaderBomb pointed out, The Boss is so good and Charlotte is great too.

I wasn't too interested in the Tag Team Title match. Don't get me wrong, The Vaudevillains and Lucha Dragons are two good teams but I just didn't really care. Kalisto is one of the best in-ring talents the WWE has right now though, always fun watching him wrestle. I couldn't give two shits about Baron Corbin or Bull Dempsey either but it doesn't bother me to see them, Corbin has a nice little thing going for himself and he's over.

I was praying for the Owens swerve at the end of the show and I'm so happy we got it. From everything I have seen of Steen, he's a damn near perfect bad guy and I think he is the perfect opponent for Sami Zayn. Love Zayn to death but if they plan on moving him up to the main roster soon then I think he should drop the title to Owens and Owens should go on a year-long rampage. Already talked about Devitt's debut in another thread but yeah... he's awesome. The main event was excellent and at one point I really thought Zayn was going to lose but I'm so happy he won. It needed to happen.

NXT once again proves they are the best wrestling show on television right now top to bottom. The best thing a show can do is make you pissed that you have to wait another week to watch it and that is what this show did. I'm so excited to see what Owens has to say next Thursday and if Devitt competes. Just an A+ show.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Dec 12, '14, 7:54 am

Also:

Owens features in a bunch of vignettes expressing bitterness that his friends passed him by. So what does he do? Beat the crap out of 1 of those guys. Looking back, NXT told us this was going to happen through those videos. Why would Owens, after those vignettes, celebrate with Zayn?

This is the type of continuity about NXT's product that makes it so good. Just sound storytelling.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to WWE