It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:14 pm

Raw was really boring this week. Is it always that bad?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Raw was really boring this week. Is it always that bad?

Postby Hanley! » Nov 06, '13, 12:22 pm

I haven't watched an episode of Raw in about a year and a half. I've watched occasional Youtube clips of individual segments or matches when something seemed to be generating a buzz, but I haven't sat down and watched a full episode for a long time.

Then yesterday I was home sick from work. Because I had nothing to do and someone reminded me of Raw the previous night, I decided to check out the show to see what it's like at the moment. I was so unbelievably bored. It felt like the majority of the show was taken up by matches with no story or consequence behind them, very forced sounding interviews and a whole lot of ads, plugs and repeated segments. Big Show & Triple H being the main focus of the show didn't help either.

There were some moments that I liked. Usually in ring moments, though I didn't think any of the matches were great from bell to bell. Some of them had decent spots though. But the whole flow of the show just seemed slow and unexciting.

I didn't just make this thread to rag on Raw though. WWE has never been massively consistent (not many wrestling shows are) and has regularly put on a really strong show one week and a crap show the following week. So I was just curious - was this week's show a good example of their usual standard at the moment? Or was it just a bad week to tune in?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Raw was really boring this week. Is it always that bad?

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 06, '13, 1:37 pm

It was easily the slowest, most uneventful Raw in some time. The highlights for me were seeing Punk and Bryan fighting side by side, along with their interview segments. The return of Tyson Kidd with Nattie was cool. The 3 vs 3 match was very good, but the first one from SmackDown was paced better considering the placement of commercials due to the taped show.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Return to WWE