It is currently: May 18, '24, 2:12 am

What was the best decision WWE made in 2014?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What was the best decision WWE made in 2014?

Postby Viazon » Nov 26, '14, 12:16 pm

Yeah Porkchop! Turned your topic right around! Now what?!?!

Anyway, I'd say the best decision was Daniel Bryans whole build up to Wrestlemania. Whether that was the plan all along or whether it was just due to the huge negative reaction Batista got after winning the Rumble, it was still glorious. A true underdog fan favorite rising above all obstacles in his way story if there ever one.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: What was the best decision WWE made in 2014?

Postby PorkChop » Nov 26, '14, 12:26 pm

Daniel Bryan going over Triple H at WrestleMania 30 and then winning the main event.

Secondly, actually having the balls to let Undertaker lose at WrestleMania.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Nov 26, '14, 12:35 pm

Basically anything they did the first three months of the year.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Georgerv » Nov 26, '14, 12:45 pm

Bryan winning the big one at WMXXX

Also Lesnar's Summerslam match with Cena, shame they didn't really capitalize on that one

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 26, '14, 12:59 pm

Bryan beating Triple H and then winning the belt at Mania is the clear cut winner in my mind. Hard to top that. I still can't believe that they went through with it. Too bad Bryan's year went straight down from there.

I'd say runner up would probably be the rise of the Shield and then the eventual split. The turn of Rollins was well done and it's allowed Ambrose to rise up the card as a face who's over.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Nov 26, '14, 4:08 pm

I think they split the Shield too early, but I still reckon their best decision might have been the manner in which the Shield were split. People wanted Ambrose to be the heel, but I think we know now that he's better as a face. As a face he has an x-factor that others don't, as a heel he'd be lost in the crowd. Rollins is excelling as heel too, despite his in-ring style. And Reigns will be a main eventer in future if he keeps on the right track.

I can't remember the last time they split up a tag team without burying one of the guys involved, let alone a three person team. I was surprised they managed to pull it off. Pleasantly surprised though, obviously.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Nov 26, '14, 4:28 pm

Hanley! wrote:I think they split the Shield too early, but I still reckon their best decision might have been the manner in which the Shield were split. People wanted Ambrose to be the heel, but I think we know now that he's better as a face. As a face he has an x-factor that others don't, as a heel he'd be lost in the crowd. Rollins is excelling as heel too, despite his in-ring style. And Reigns will be a main eventer in future if he keeps on the right track.

This is a good one. At one point they teased the three-way split leading to a triple threat at Wrestlemania so I agree that it wound up being an excellent decision to hold off on it and prolong the split - we wouldn't have got some of those excellent 6-man tags against the Wyatt's and Evolution if they had! They've handled Rollins and Ambrose really well (particularly Rollins) and the two have shone in a lull period when it was expected they'd take a backseat to Reigns.

Obviously the stuff with Daniel Bryan was easily the best decision they made. The people weren't happy, we all wanted Bryan to win the Rumble, we all wanted Bryan to win the title and we weren't willing to accept just a high-profile match with Triple H whilst the main event was an Orton/Batista singles match so for them to bite-the-bullet and give us what we wanted, putting Bryan over in the way they did, was the best decision they made in my view.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 26, '14, 4:39 pm

Can't offer an opinion on many angles but have to say, the best decision IMO was having Hogan, Austin and Rock open up WM30.

It should have showed WWE how you can use Legends, not by throwing them into main event matches but small, exciting segments that offer nostalgia. Also Hogan messing up with the Superdome lol.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 26, '14, 7:32 pm

-Bryan winning at Mania.
-The whole Shield story arc.
-The whole main event at Survivor Series. Having Ziggles and Sting end the Authority.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 26, '14, 9:12 pm

Having Lesnar break the Streak and then squash Cena at Summerslam to become the world champion. Two bold and awesome decisions that created the ultimate heel that is Brock Lesnar. All that's left now is for the angle to culminate in someone conquering him at 'Mania.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby SortaCreative » Nov 27, '14, 6:13 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Having Lesnar break the Streak and then squash Cena at Summerslam to become the world champion. Two bold and awesome decisions that created the ultimate heel that is Brock Lesnar. All that's left now is for the angle to culminate in someone conquering him at 'Mania.

Or you know... him showing up..

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE