It is currently: May 15, '24, 5:52 pm

Report: Daniel Bryan out of championship picture

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Report: Daniel Bryan out of championship picture

Postby GameDesigner14 » Nov 04, '13, 1:47 pm

Daniel Bryan has been chasing the WWE Championship since July, but it appears as though his quest for the title will be put on hold for a while.

Bryan lost his match with Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell and was then attacked by the Wyatt Family the next night on Raw. There was speculation that his time as a top star was over, and according to a report from F4WOnline (via WrestlingInc.com), that

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 28

Re: Report: Daniel Bryan out of championship picture

Postby Hanley! » Nov 04, '13, 2:14 pm

He's clearly not going to be the hero of this Authority angle. That was obvious when they kept putting him against Orton. He's not going to be headlining Wrestlemania. It was an optimistic thought even at the start of the angle, but after a couple of months it became obvious that it just wouldn't happen. Unfortunate, I know. I wanted him to get that spot too.

Although now that they've run Bryan v Orton so much, he's not right for the main event of Wrestlemania 30 anymore anyway. Even if they were to give him that spot at this point, it would be the wrong decision.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 04, '13, 2:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:He's clearly not going to be the hero of this Authority angle. That was obvious when they kept putting him against Orton. He's not going to be headlining Wrestlemania. It was an optimistic thought even at the start of the angle, but after a couple of months it became obvious that it just wouldn't happen. Unfortunate, I know. I wanted him to get that spot too.

Although now that they've run Bryan v Orton so much, he's not right for the main event of Wrestlemania 30 anymore anyway. Even if they were to give him that spot at this point, it would be the wrong decision.

I agree. If they are moving on now, I just don't see him getting back into the Main event of Mania. My money is still on the fact that he may face HBK at Mania.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Nov 04, '13, 3:26 pm

I could still see them having him win the Royal Rumble and headline WrestleMania, but yeah the handling of the situation to this point has taken a lot of steam and excitement I would have had for the moment away.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Nov 04, '13, 5:41 pm

I think this whole authority crap is setting us up for Randy Orton vs. John Cena. John Cena will overcome the odds at WM, defeat Randy Orton, and dethrone the authority.

Bryan will probably go against Undertaker at WM.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby The Legend » Nov 04, '13, 5:50 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:I think this whole authority crap is setting us up for Randy Orton vs. John Cena. John Cena will overcome the odds at WM, defeat Randy Orton, and dethrone the authority.

Bryan will probably go against Undertaker at WM.

I don't think this story is headed towards John Cena being the hero. I think that's why they have him as WHC right now and sort of giving him exposure away from the WWE title picture. The only way I see Cena getting involved is if they try to unify the belts at WrestleMania.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 04, '13, 6:41 pm

In fairness those belts really should be unified. That should have been done years ago. But now that it's approaching, Wrestlemania 30 seems an appropriate time to do it. I actually think this will happen - to me that's one of the few reasons they had to put the lesser belt on Cena.

Cena v Orton would still be a lousy main event at a Wrestlemania though - it's one they should have done years ago back when they were busy letting the Attitude Era guys hog the main event each year. Cena v Orton was a real Wrestlemania dream match at one point. But they've faced each other so often by now that it wouldn't be interesting.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Nov 04, '13, 8:29 pm

I sort of expected this at some point. He just took out Shawn Micheals so I don't see him losing his position in the company anytime soon.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Viazon » Nov 04, '13, 9:57 pm

I had a feeling after this angle with Orton was done, he would move out of the title picture. It's a shame, but I don't think he will stay out of it for long. The WWE can't deny how over he is and I believe he will win the title again some time down the line.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 06, '13, 8:56 am

DBSoT wrote:I sort of expected this at some point. He just took out Shawn Micheals so I don't see him losing his position in the company anytime soon.

Exactly, he will be fine as far as booking goes. He completely solidified himself as a top guy. He pretty much proved that he can be the top guy.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Headlesspete » Nov 06, '13, 10:15 am

Its a shame, but Bryan vs Orton was getting pretty old pretty fast. I can't see how Bryan can get back in the title picture if Orton still holds the title. The only way i can see it going is if Big Show wins the title at Survivor Series, drops the title to Triple H at TLC, and then we get Triple H vs Bryan for the title at some point.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Return to WWE