It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:27 am

What are you most excited for/what is disappointing you, currently?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What are you most excited for/what is disappointing you, currently?

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 01, '14, 1:45 am

At least three examples for each, to keep things lively and less likely for repetition:

Excited for?

1. The fact that the are a plethora of masterful wrestlers either in developmental or about to begin.

2. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are pulling off the best undercard feud since MVP/Matt Hardy.

3. Daniel Bryan's eventual return and a match against Lesnar. That's all that could possibly matter in the main event scene for WrestleMania 31.

4. Ziggler won the IC belt, and it seems as if Cesaro is primed to win the US title back. Sheamus has been a worthlessly forgettable champion, as has Miz.

Disappointed in?

1. Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't watched any shows besides Raw and NXT) but the Kofi/Big E/Woods stable seems to be done with? I really thought that it was a great idea for some truly stale and pointless characters.

2. The audience reactions for the women's matches at SummerSlam bummed me out, Steph should have been getting Vickie heat. The AJ/Paige match crowd was dead. The finally give us two awesome matches and/or feuds and still nobody seems to care.

3. I enjoy the Bella Twins a lot, but they need to work on their acting.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: What are you most excited for/what is disappointing you, currently?

Postby The Legend » Sep 01, '14, 6:02 am

^^^ So what will your level of disappointment be when the WM 31 Main Event is the already being talked about Brock vs Roman Reigns?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Sep 01, '14, 2:13 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ So what will your level of disappointment be when the WM 31 Main Event is the already being talked about Brock vs Roman Reigns?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 01, '14, 3:11 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Sheamus has been a worthlessly forgettable champion, as has Miz.

Except Miz has been one of the most entertaining parts of Raw in his new delusional Hollywood star character. It would be better to have it on him than on Generic Face #12, aka Dolph Ziggler.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 01, '14, 8:14 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:Sheamus has been a worthlessly forgettable champion, as has Miz.

Except Miz has been one of the most entertaining parts of Raw in his new delusional Hollywood star character. It would be better to have it on him than on Generic Face #12, aka Dolph Ziggler.

I disagree, Miz has been dull since his return. He is so good as a heel yet this latest run is shit compared to what he is capable of.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 01, '14, 8:26 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

I disagree, Miz has been dull since his return. He is so good as a heel yet this latest run is shit compared to what he is capable of.

I'm not sure we're watching the same show, this is easily Miz's best stuff since his pre MITB cash in before Mania. I'd say this gimmick is even better as he's a better fit being goofy than serious.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Sep 01, '14, 9:01 pm

I'm with Brett here. Miz on commentary while his stunt double has to compete in matches is hilarious to me. It's a perfect role right now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 01, '14, 9:12 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

I'm not sure we're watching the same show, this is easily Miz's best stuff since his pre MITB cash in before Mania. I'd say this gimmick is even better as he's a better fit being goofy than serious.

I agree that he is playing the part well but he is hardly getting a reaction from the crowd. he is not garnering any heat besides the IWC, but the IWC does not make television better. If the crowd booed or chanted something stupid to show that he is being effective as a heel then I would have a different oppinion

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 01, '14, 9:25 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

I agree that he is playing the part well but he is hardly getting a reaction from the crowd. he is not garnering any heat besides the IWC, but the IWC does not make television better. If the crowd booed or chanted something stupid to show that he is being effective as a heel then I would have a different oppinion

I don't believe he's getting hardly any reaction, this gimmick is still in it's infancy. He's been getting better reactions by the week. Give it a few more weeks and he'll likely be the most over midcard heel they have.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 01, '14, 9:41 pm

We shall see. I am also down on his run because of 2 major things.
1. His transitional title run, I don't see the logic in giving him the title just to pass it to Ziggler in a week. His character would be some much better if he had the title and used the moneymaker excuse to weasel his way out of defending it.

2. Damian Mizdow - this I think hurts Miz more than helps him. Putting Sandow with Miz just feels like a way to garner cheap heat that Miz could not gain on his own.

But like you said, it's still in its infancy so we shall see

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 02, '14, 10:19 am

The Legend wrote:^^^ So what will your level of disappointment be when the WM 31 Main Event is the already being talked about Brock vs Roman Reigns?

I can almost guarantee that match won't happen. Reigns is still too green. They must realize it would be a shit match with hardly any drawing power. If it does take place, I'll eat my shoe.

If Bryan doesn't return by Mania, my bet is Lesnar fights either Cena or Undertaker. Both of those options would suck even more than Reigns vs Lesnar, but I just don't see Reigns main eventing WrestleMania. He isn't ready, clearly.

To answer your question, if it did take place I would be bummed out big time.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Sep 02, '14, 10:25 am

VaderBomb wrote:I can almost guarantee that match won't happen. Reigns is still too green. They must realize it would be a shit match with hardly any drawing power. If it does take place, I'll eat my shoe.

This same company had John Cena vs The Miz headline WrestleMania in recent years.

I wouldn't rule it out.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Sep 02, '14, 12:06 pm

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:I can almost guarantee that match won't happen. Reigns is still too green. They must realize it would be a shit match with hardly any drawing power. If it does take place, I'll eat my shoe.

This same company had John Cena vs The Miz headline WrestleMania in recent years.

I wouldn't rule it out.

People make fun of that, but Miz was hugely over as a heel at the time and it looked like WWE was investing in him as a big star of the future.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 02, '14, 12:37 pm

Everlong wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

I wouldn't rule it out.

People make fun of that, but Miz was hugely over as a heel at the time and it looked like WWE was investing in him as a big star of the future.

True that he was over and they had every intention of trying to make Miz into a star, but WrestleMania 27 is still the most disappointing Mania I've ever seen.

Bryan's match was cut, Punk lost to Orton in the undercard when he should have been facing Cena in the main event, Triple H and Undertaker put on an awful show and Miz/Cena was a terrible main event. The whole Rock as host thing was dumb too.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Sep 02, '14, 12:46 pm

VaderBomb wrote:WrestleMania 27 is still the most disappointing Mania I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't argue with that, but that was more as a result of the card overall than Miz being put in the main event. Miz and Cena had actually been putting on some pretty decent matches in the leadup to Mania as well, so had they just let them go at it rather than going with the funky finish and Rock interference, it could have wound up going over better.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Hanley! » Sep 02, '14, 12:47 pm

Everlong wrote:People make fun of that, but Miz was hugely over as a heel at the time and it looked like WWE was investing in him as a big star of the future.

Disagreed on both points. Miz was over to a point, but "hugely over" is an exaggeration. It always felt like he could plummet back to midcard status at a moment's notice. He had no credibility as champion whatsoever.

It didn't look like WWE was investing in him all that much either. He was an afterthought in that Wrestlemania, despite being in the main event. The major feud was between Cena & the Rock. The Miz was just filling space.

Str8Shooter wrote:Except Miz has been one of the most entertaining parts of Raw in his new delusional Hollywood star character. It would be better to have it on him than on Generic Face #12, aka Dolph Ziggler.

The Miz isn't even in Ziggler's level as an entertainer. Ziggler should be a main event attraction by now, but Miz at his best is just a fun midcard heel. That being said, I would have to agree with you at the moment. Miz's gimmick isn't all that creative or interesting, but at least he has something going on. They should really try to inject some kind of personality or drive back into Ziggler's character because he's been pretty bland since turning face. That's not me saying he should be turned heel either, I think ultimately face is probably a better spot for him, provided they still make the effort with him.

I'm still quite looking forward to the prospect, honestly. They do need to do more to keep people interested in Reigns, he's been pretty one dimensional lately. Then again, so has everyone else on the roster, but they should be making that extra effort with the guy who they want to be their next champ.

If all was to go perfectly, I'd like to see Reigns take the title at Wrestlemania, have Rollins take it from him 1-2 months later. Then ease Bryan back into the title scene over the summer.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Sep 02, '14, 12:50 pm

Hanley! wrote:It didn't look like WWE was investing in him all that much either.

I mean, they gave him a 6ish month title reign and were having him for quite some time as their primary guy for publicity events. He was on talk shows, doing charity appearances, all kinds of stuff, the kind of work they normally reserved for Cena. It really looked like the company was backing him, even if he wound up being overshadowed in that feud by Rock and Cena.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Return to WWE