It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:06 pm

Was anything accomplished from this Wyatt/Jericho feud?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Was anything accomplished from this Wyatt/Jericho feud?

Postby SKS » Aug 17, '14, 9:49 pm

I didn't understand the point of this feud at all. Jericho beats him when the Wyatt Family are at ringside after not wrestling for close to a year (the Wyatt family were tossed, but still) then loses to him when they're banned from ringside? Meanwhile, the promos and segments have made zero sense whatsoever and Bray has gone back to singing that awful song again. I don't see the point other than it being a filler feud, but after a super long feud with John Cena I'd have thought creative would have something more meaningful planned for him. Rowan & Harper have zero credibility at this point also. They've lost to the Usos like five times, and were getting pummeled by Mark Henry/Big Show on SD! lately. I guess it means they're going their separate ways? What was even accomplished here? Bray loses to a guy who lost to Fandango...then beats him. I don't know.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Was anything accomplished from this Wyatt/Jericho feud?

Postby Stvtayl » Aug 18, '14, 7:04 am

Was anything accomplished from his feud with Kane or Cena either though?

Unfortunately at this moment in time Bray Wyatt has no direction.

My All time Fave 6 Diva's & Knockouts :)
Stvtayl None specified
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby prophet » Aug 18, '14, 8:18 am

Yeah, he just beat a multi-time World Champion and future hall of famer.

I'm not sure how much you (or anyone) cares because we all knew what we were getting when Jericho came back and the feud hasn't been booked well. Plus there has been a number of better, more important feuds going on that has overshadowed this one and like I said, it's Chris Jericho - we all know what we're getting; solid mic work, solid ring work but nothing spectacular.

On paper and in kayfabe Wyatt has just accomplished a great deal but yeah, it's hard for anyone to care too much about it. I think the best thing Jericho has done for Wyatt is that he's kept Bray relevant and in a highlighted spot on the card rather than let him fall down into irrelevancy like Cesaro. Wyatt was always going to take a back-step after working with Cena but luckily for him Jericho made sure the back-step wasn't as large.

I'm not sure what will happen too him when Jericho leaves again though, his last match may have been last night but is reported to be at Night of Champions.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kyle » Aug 18, '14, 9:15 am

Bray has become stale in my opinion. They need to tweak his character ever so slightly.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Kreashko » Aug 18, '14, 10:18 am

I don't think it's quite over yet. So stay tuned...

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Hanley! » Aug 18, '14, 3:33 pm

It'll keep going, but it's not doing anyone any good. Jericho seems just as surplus to requirements as ever and Wyatt is still a directionless character and a very crappy one at that.

Everyone really wanted to like Wyatt. He did seem different and he did have potential, but at the end of the day they just dropped the ball with him. It's become all too clear now that the character has no real motivations or beliefs or anything at all below his creepy exterior. He's too shallow as a character and the fans saw through him quite a while ago now. It's a shame too, cos the guy has talent. He executes his role well, there's just not enough to it. The good performances are not being supported by good writing.

I was briefly excited when Wyatt had a sit down interview with Cole recently, as I thought he might be able to give some more context to his character and maybe give his feud with Jericho some direction. It was the perfect way to get him back on track. Instead he managed to say absolutely nothing of substance and at times almost confirmed that he was an empty personality by claiming to not want anything or believe in anything and that he hated everything, etc. It was disheartening. They really have no clue what to do with the guy.

I think his entrance sums up everything that's wrong with the character. He lights his lamp, introduces himself to the crowd, then blows out the lamp again for some reason. Then he walks out and his lamp is magically already lit again. There is no logic to Wyatt. WWE just thought up a bunch of cool, creepy looking stuff and threw it all against the wall and made a crappy character out of everything that stuck.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Aug 18, '14, 3:39 pm

@Hanley! - if you were in control how would you go about getting the character back on track? He's clearly talented enough to be in the main event but without direction he'll keep going nowhere and we all suffer because of it. I agree that they seem to throw logic out the window when booking him and a lot of the time he displays babyface mannerisms - saying each location before coming out, the crowd lighting up and joining in his entrance and him getting the people to sing with him...not the right way to make people boo you.

So should he be used as a face/tweener role? People want to join in with him so why not let them? With the right opponent it might work and they're not face heavy at the moment.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Aug 19, '14, 4:00 pm

prophet wrote:@Hanley! - if you were in control how would you go about getting the character back on track? He's clearly talented enough to be in the main event but without direction he'll keep going nowhere and we all suffer because of it. I agree that they seem to throw logic out the window when booking him and a lot of the time he displays babyface mannerisms - saying each location before coming out, the crowd lighting up and joining in his entrance and him getting the people to sing with him...not the right way to make people boo you.

So should he be used as a face/tweener role? People want to join in with him so why not let them? With the right opponent it might work and they're not face heavy at the moment.

I don't think it's important whether he's face or heel. Probably this kind of character works better as a heel in general, but there is scope for him to do either.

The important thing is for his character to make sense. The commentators keep talking about his "message", but it's clear he doesn't have one. That's the most important thing they should tackle: he needs to have a message. It doesn't even really matter what it is, just something to give him a bit more focus. He seems to be a cult leader type figure. They should put some thought into what his cult stands for. What would make people want to be a part of his movement.

They could pick almost anything. They can tailor the ideals of the group specifically depending on what kind of angles they're planning on having them take part in. It could be a cult of violence, or they could be anarchists or they could be against people taking on false titles. The group could even be centered on some completely crazy fabricated religion as long as we had some kind of idea of what it entailed.

I think the right way to get them back on track is for a new member to join the group. While this newcomer is going through an initiation phase, they can inform the audience more about what the group is all about through this new character. Then we'd have a stronger and more focused group by the end of the year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 19, '14, 4:41 pm

I like Wyatt and his performance of the role is actually pretty superb.

Unfortunately, he does a whole lot of talking but never really says anything.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE