It is currently: May 17, '24, 5:15 pm

Bray Wyatt got "Boring" chants last night

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bray Wyatt got "Boring" chants last night

Postby SKS » Jul 15, '14, 1:11 pm

About time. :lol

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Bray Wyatt got "Boring" chants last night

Postby Everlong » Jul 15, '14, 1:14 pm

Wait, so does everyone here hate the guy now? Just a couple months ago he was the darling of the internet.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby SKS » Jul 15, '14, 1:17 pm

Everlong wrote:Wait, so does everyone here hate the guy now? Just a couple months ago he was the darling of the internet.

Don't know why you think everyone hates him, I think he's still very popular internet and wrestling wise, but his promos are basically the same thing every week which is why he's boring to me. I don't hate him, but his promos are tiresome and there's been no evolution for the character. It got a whole lot worse during the Cena feud, as he had multiple promos per night, with no real meaning behind them. He's doing the same thing here against Jericho but at least Jericho is playing off it quite well. The "whole world in his hands" has gotten milked dry and it's clear creative doesn't have anything new for his character yet.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Postby Georgerv » Jul 15, '14, 1:22 pm

Yeah it's a shame he got them too. But it really does seem like creative give him absolutely nothing to work with and just tell him to fill time.
Last nights segment really didn't tell us anything about the feud, is Bray mad because Jericho left?

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby ShaneOfan » Jul 15, '14, 1:27 pm

I was honestly kind of surprised. I am not a huge fan of his at the moment but I do like him. I fear the character runs the danger of growing stale. I mean last night was a one time thing so far. But give it a few more. I wonder if a lot of the pop he had been getting was because he was against Cena. But time will tell.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 15, '14, 1:37 pm

Fuck that crowd for chanting boring. I like Wyatts's promos, but I do think his storylines need to be booked so the audience has a better idea what he's trying to accomplish. Still though, it's a bit too early to be chanting boring at the guy. Especially when Cena is around.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Jul 15, '14, 2:02 pm

Fuck that crowd. I love Bray and his promo's are always golden, he's easily the best talker in the company right now and I for one don't find it boring when he's on the mic but I do agree that we need to have a little more clarity where his motives are concerned because we still have no idea why he targeted Jericho.

Everlong wrote:Wait, so does everyone here hate the guy now? Just a couple months ago he was the darling of the internet.

Not all, I still love him. I think a problem live audiences may have with him is his tendency to speak softly at times during his promo's, he drops to almost whisper like frequencies and the crowds may struggle to hear him.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jul 15, '14, 3:49 pm

The biggest problem with Wyatt is that he's a 2 dimensional character. They send him out there every week and tell him to be weird. That's all the character is to them - the weird cult guy. If they had bothered fleshing him out into a deeper character, he'd have goals and motivations: things that would help to give his feuds and story lines direction. His shallowness makes him difficult to book.

I've said from day one that his cult needs to be about something. Why would people follow a cult leader that doesn't believe in anything? That isn't offering anything? It doesn't make any sense.

That'll happen when you do the same aimless, weird shit on every single show. I think people got on board with Wyatt early on because they saw he was a good talker and the character seemed to have potential. But instead of developing on a character that has the potential to be interesting, he's gone absolutely nowhere.

He is boring. I don't blame the crowd for chanting it, because it's completely true. Now I don't think it's his fault. He's giving it all he can in his promos, the material is just letting him down. But I don't want to sugar coat the truth either. As he exists on television at the moment, Wyatt is boring and a big disappointment.

prophet wrote:I think a problem live audiences may have with him is his tendency to speak softly at times during his promo's, he drops to almost whisper like frequencies and the crowds may struggle to hear him.

As @Kirbi rightly pointed out when she read this comment, it wasn't a problem for Jake the Snake. If people were really interested in what he had to say, they'd be silent and hanging on his every word, not chanting "boring".

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Jul 15, '14, 3:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:
prophet wrote:I think a problem live audiences may have with him is his tendency to speak softly at times during his promo's, he drops to almost whisper like frequencies and the crowds may struggle to hear him.

As @Kirbi rightly pointed out when she read this comment, it wasn't a problem for Jake the Snake. If people were really interested in what he had to say, they'd be silent and hanging on his every word, not chanting "boring".

Not that I disagree but wrestling audiences are a lot different nowadays. Were Bray Wyatt active back in Jake the Snake's era I'd be pretty confident that'd be silent for him, too.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jul 15, '14, 4:16 pm

WWE also made a horrible mistake of having Jericho do his promo first. Jericho's promo was high energy and loaded with audience interaction. Then Bray cut a promo that was more mellow and took the audience out of it. If Bray would have cut his promo first the crowd would not have turned on him. I do admit it is annoying that Bray's character seems to have no message or direction, but I also think creative fail to book him correctly.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby PorkChop » Jul 15, '14, 4:25 pm

Wyatt has been dull for quite a while. He's a great talker and his promos are good - but they're all the same promo. I feel like I've watched the same promo about 15-20 times from him, and that's without exaggeration. All he seems to do is talk in vague riddles and metaphors, break into song, and leave. This sometimes happens two or three times per night.

The "He's got the whole world" chant got old, fast. It was another example of WWE catching on to something which naturally got over, and then running it into the ground.

It's nothing to do with the crowd, it's nothing to do with his promo coming after Jericho's - he's just very boring right now. He's incredibly repetitive and has been for some time - creative desperately need to give his character something - anything - to work with.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 15, '14, 4:58 pm

I'm a big fan of Wyatt, he's one of the few who seems to have a weird old school style gimmick in an era where damn near everyone dresses the same, looking like they were created in a factory to fit a WWE style.

I'm not surprised he got the chants though. His promos are bizarre and can venture into rambling territory at times. Not to mention they often sound the same and quite frankly it's almost impossible to figure out just what the hell his point it. :lol

But I like the style of his promos, they stand out and separate him from the rest, and that's a good thing.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 16, '14, 11:22 am

prophet wrote:he's easily the best talker in the company right now

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Jul 16, '14, 11:23 am

VaderBomb wrote:

Nah, I'd still take Wyatt over him right now. Close, though.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 16, '14, 11:30 am

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

Nah, I'd still take Wyatt over him right now. Close, though.

"Wyatt has been dull for quite a while. He's a great talker and his promos are good - but they're all the same promo. I feel like I've watched the same promo about 15-20 times from him, and that's without exaggeration. All he seems to do is talk in vague riddles and metaphors, break into song, and leave. This sometimes happens two or three times per night.

The "He's got the whole world" chant got old, fast. It was another example of WWE catching on to something which naturally got over, and then running it into the ground.

It's nothing to do with the crowd, it's nothing to do with his promo coming after Jericho's - he's just very boring right now. He's incredibly repetitive and has been for some time - creative desperately need to give his character something - anything - to work with."

I agree with you on all these points concerning Wyatt right now. Ambrose is just coming into his own as a singles, post-Shield persona and has already cut more memorable and more poignant promos than just about every post-Mania promo from Wyatt aside from one or two that were targeted at Cena. Time will be kind to Ambrose and he will prove soon enough why nobody in the company can touch him on the stick. Well, besides Triple H.

You've probably seen them, but check out Ambrose's promos before he came to WWE, including his NXT ones. He's legit untouchable. Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper and Heath Ledger's The Joker have a clear influence, but nevertheless he has his own distinctive style.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Jul 16, '14, 11:33 am

^ All I was saying was that I prefer Wyatt's delivery to Ambrose right now, I don't prefer the content of Wyatt's promos though as it's repetitive. What I said above wasn't a contradiction.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Jul 16, '14, 11:34 am

VaderBomb wrote:Time will be kind to Ambrose and he will prove soon enough why nobody in the company can touch him on the stick. Well, besides Triple H.

You've probably seen them, but check out Ambrose's promos before he came to WWE, including his NXT ones. He's legit untouchable. Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper and Heath Ledger's The Joker have a clear influence, but nevertheless he has his own distinctive style.

I agree with all of this. Right now though? Wyatt > Ambrose.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to WWE