It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:46 am

How much do you miss CM Punk?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Miss CM Punk? Well how much, son?

17%
11%
No votes
6%
6%
11%
6%
17%
6%
22%

Total votes : 18

How much do you miss CM Punk?

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '14, 12:34 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most I'm going to have to vote 10 on this. Even with my favorite wrestler getting a giant truly deserved push, I still haven't gotten over the lack of CM Punk. As much as I love guys like Bryan, CESARO, Rollins and Ambrose, nobody can fill the void that Punk left.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: How much do you miss CM Punk?

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '14, 12:36 pm

Not a great deal, to be honest.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '14, 12:40 pm

PorkChop wrote:Not a great deal, to be honest.

Interesting. Did you vote 2/10?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 25, '14, 12:46 pm

I did like him but towards the end of his time there I found myself rather disinterested. That and at this point I'd find it hard to get invested in him knowing he might just decide to fuck off again. I'd still like to see him back at some point but I'm not really pining for it. 6/10

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '14, 12:56 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Not a great deal, to be honest.

Interesting. Did you vote 2/10?

Because I don't miss him. The product would probably be better with him on board, but only marginally.

I think I've also had enough of him as a person. I'm still mad that he walked out and left the company and fans high and dry, and for all the stick Triple H gets about his ego Punk gets absolutely none, even though he's shown on several occasions he's shown he has one of mammoth proportions. To be honest, Punk is an asshole.

Hence, if he walked back in to the company now, I wouldn't be too pleased - as I said, the product would probably be a tad more entertaining but on a personal level, my feelings towards him and the shit he's done of late would prevent me from enjoying him as a character (especially as his character is basically himself).

I used to enjoy him, he was awesome a few years back but I don't miss him. Although it's clear he has a passion for the business, I feel he's a poisonous personality and I'm still pissed about some of the shit he's pulled.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Jun 25, '14, 3:03 pm

I miss him, yeah. Not to the extent I did when he first abandoned the company though and I do agree with Porky that my feelings towards him as a character will have likely soured due to the fact that he took his ball and went home leaving the company in a precarious situation and more importantly turned his back on the fans - whilst I can appreciate his supposed reasons for doing so I also think him walking out was a completely selfish thing to do.

I do miss his talent though, it's always nice to have someone else around who can cut a killer promo and follow it up with a great match. He's the total package so it's natural that he's missed on television. I voted 6/10 also.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SKS » Jun 25, '14, 3:11 pm

I went with 5/10 because although I loved the CM Punk of a couple years ago, I thought most of his last year was pretty lackluster.

He was pretty sloppy in the ring, and at times, bored me. He didn't seem very interested in much of anything either. Maybe it's because I really dislike him as a face, but what angered me a lot was how he beat all three members of The Shield in a 3 on 1 handicap match. Him walking away from the company also rubbed me the wrong way, because I did feel he should have at least stayed until the summer when his contract ends.

If he were to come back then I'm sure it'd be entertaining just for the fact that everyone has basically ignored him since he left (except for Stephanie and Heyman mentioning him once) and it'd be interesting to see what would happen. I don't really know what he would do though besides what he was going to do before he left, feud with the Authority. I think his rebel schtick ran its course with the Summer of Punk so I'd much rather he be the heel we saw go against The Undertaker.

I really, really doubt he's ever coming back though, so I don't miss him all that much.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 25, '14, 6:48 pm

I miss him a little bit but Seth Rollins will soon be the next CM Punk so, meh

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby ShaneOfan » Jun 25, '14, 7:05 pm

Would the product be better with him? Sure. And if at MITB "Cult of Personality" hit, my reaction would be be "okay cool" but if at MITB they told me he would never be back ever again, my reaction would be be "okay cool." He was good in the ring and good on the mic, but I never really cared for him. I can think of at least ten people I would rather see back.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 25, '14, 7:11 pm

I went with 8. Punk is one of those guys that make the show better no matter where he is on the card or what he's doing. In the ring he can be replaced, but on the mic very very few people can match him. I would love to see him back.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Jun 25, '14, 9:06 pm

I have to say, I find it strange how there was almost never anything negative said about Punk before his departure, and ever since then people have found a tremendous amount of things to criticize about his skillset and performances.

Punk was one of the few guys on the roster that I really cared about that would convince me to tune into a show every now and then. With him gone, there are maybe three or four total left. One of those (Daniel Bryan) is injured and not as interesting anyway, another two are part timers (Lesnar/HHH) and I'm only a little bit familiar with the Shield, but not enough to the point where they're a big draw to me as an occasional fan.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 25, '14, 9:33 pm

Everlong wrote:I have to say, I find it strange how there was almost never anything negative said about Punk before his departure, and ever since then people have found a tremendous amount of things to criticize about his skillset and performances.

In his case I think his flaws were always there but most chose to ignore because of his popularity and abilities. Once he turned his back on the fans there was no light to outshine his shadows

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Jun 26, '14, 3:35 am

Everlong wrote:I have to say, I find it strange how there was almost never anything negative said about Punk before his departure, and ever since then people have found a tremendous amount of things to criticize about his skillset and performances.

I disagree. People were criticising his sloppy in-ring work long before he left - I remember around the time of the CM Punk / Jericho feud a thread cropped up (with gifs) showing him botching moves, slipping up, clearly not connecting with his strikes, etc. That was back on WWE-Club, though.

A lot of people were also criticising him for the manner in which he left. He was also being criticised for punching a fan in the crowd, and criticised for the numerous stories involving fans where he acted like a dick, such as throwing their autograph books in the bin and calling them a 'homo' at live events.

He was receiving plenty of professional and personal criticism long before he left. To say that it's started now just because he's gone isn't true.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 26, '14, 3:55 am

Everlong wrote:Punk was one of the few guys on the roster that I really cared about that would convince me to tune into a show every now and then.

I miss punk so much :(

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Hanley! » Jun 26, '14, 10:55 am

Yeah, it's a bit weird how so many people instantly changed their opinions on Punk after he left. Not just about him as a person, which is understandable I suppose, but about him as a performer.

I don't watch Raw that much these days, only when I'm bored or hear about something that interests me. So on that level, it's hard to miss any wrestler all that much. But maybe if Punk was around still, I'd be watching more often. It's hard to say.

He is definitely missed on the show. I started a thread about it already, and I still think you can see a massive CM Punk shaped gap on every show at the moment. They haven't found anything or anybody to fill that void. I never rated his ring work as highly as some, but he was the best character they've had in years and one of the best mic workers they've ever had. He's far above anyone they have at the moment in terms of mic work.

He was also just such a versatile character and performer that could elevate a wide variety of stories. Daniel Bryan is the guy that everyone is currently fawning over, but he's extremely 2 dimensional compared to Punk. Nothing against Bryan, but I don't think he's going to get old pretty quickly. Whereas Punk in comparison was able to stay interesting over a long period of time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 28, '14, 6:22 am

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 02, '14, 10:57 am

SortaCreative wrote:

Didn't watch this until now. Great tribute to a legendary reign.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 02, '14, 10:58 am

VaderBomb wrote:Didn't watch this until now. Great tribute to a legendary reign.

Sometimes, when I wake up, I don't remember that he's gone. And then it hits me. And it hurts :crybaby

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby UTK » Jul 02, '14, 4:59 pm

Honestly, I can't sleep without my CM Punk "Best Since Day One" wristbands, available on sale on WWEShop.com!!!

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Return to WWE