It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:29 pm

Favorite member of the now disbanded Shield?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who's your guy?

Seth Rollins
33%
Roman Reigns
22%
Dean Ambrose
44%

Total votes : 9

Favorite member of the now disbanded Shield?

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '14, 12:25 pm

Now that The Shield is a stable of the past and all three guys are finally getting singles pushes, who are you the biggest fan of?

Rollins is the best wrestler of the three, but my favorite is still Ambrose by a close margin. I'm looking forward to a should-be classic feud between the two, hopefully after Ambrose snatches the MITB briefcase this Sunday. With that being said, I'm super pumped that Rollins is getting a big push with the Authority. Those smacks to his back from Triple H on Raw made my penis move. I can tell that Hunter really sees something in him, which is truly deserved.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Favorite member of the now disbanded Shield?

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '14, 12:33 pm

Reigns. It's pretty obvious that he's a mega-face in the making, I enjoy seeing him wrestle and he's got a good look.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Jun 25, '14, 1:41 pm

Rollins for me. He's the best in the ring and pretty good on the mic. I still think he has the brightest future of the lot.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Hanley! » Jun 25, '14, 1:54 pm

To be honest, I don't know. That's kinda what made the group so good in the first place; they were all good in different ways. Rollins is the best in the ring, Ambrose is the best talker and Reigns has the best look and a generally badass aura.

I do think that now that they've split up that Reigns is probably the most likely to be exposed as lacking in certain areas, but that hasn't decreased my fondness for him yet. The company's commitment to him is also refreshing and it's cool to support someone that WWE appears to support also. His rise to the top could be exceptional to watch if done right.

So I don't really know, I think as a group they all disguised each other's weaknesses so it was hard to pick a favourite. And it's a little early into their singles careers to judge them on their singles performances. If I had to though, Rollins would probably win that battle.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Jun 25, '14, 3:08 pm

King Rollins. He's just so good, I love the guy. Still think having him be the one to turn heel on The Shield was a bad call due in part to the fact his in-ring style is more naturally suited to that of a babyface role whereas Ambrose is the natural heel.

Love me some Roman Reigns too and he's up there with my current favorites but yeah...King Rollins all day.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SKS » Jun 25, '14, 3:15 pm

It's a tough choice because I like all three pretty equally. I do think Ambrose has impressed me the most though since the break up. He's crazy and awesome, heel Rollins is pretty good too but Ambrose to me is the most likely to shine through. Of course Reigns has the big time push and all but he isn't really impressing me on his own just yet.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DBSoT » Jun 25, '14, 4:07 pm

Its Ambrose and its because Ambrose is the only guy who is the total package. His mic skills are amazing, his wrestling is great based on his ability to sell his character in everything he does, and he has the look. People always assume Reigns when they think the look, but Ambrose has the same look like Austin had the look. Reigns look is more like the Rock, which is great just for different reasons. When it comes to wrestling its about selling the character and Ambrose does that better than anyone. All 3 are special talents, but Reigns is going to get exposed once he is put in a big match and his wrestling isnt up to par, Rollins will get a bit exposed when he is asked to sell a feud with his mic skills. Ambrose on the other hand can sell on the mic and tell a great story in the ring. I said this before, but I believe Ambrose has a bit of Austin in him and that why I am happy he didn't go heel right after the Sheild. Ambrose will have the most success because people want an anti authority guy (see CM Punk and SCSA) and Ambrose doesn't have the height limitation of Punk or the injuries of Austin. So the sky is the limit.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE