It is currently: May 03, '24, 5:43 pm

Wyatt could be a rarity.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Wyatt could be a rarity.

Postby Chewy » Apr 26, '14, 6:35 am

I believe he could be a guy who could turn face (it could be argued he sort of is now) without changing his approach at all.

We've all seem the cool or over heel turn into a complete bitch when trying to be face because they start telling the crowd how awesome they are, but I think Wyatt could be spared that.

Just keep up with the 'town, we're here' stuff and he's good to go.

Thoughts?

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: Wyatt could be a rarity.

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 26, '14, 8:05 am

I think HE could turn face but he would have to loose the "Sister Abigale" part. I am not sure Harper or Rowen could be face.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Locke » Apr 26, '14, 8:08 am

I think he should stay heel or go tweener if anything, but never face. So what, the crowd appreciates him. Today's fans are different. Ninety-nine point nine percent of wrestling fans know wrestling is fake. So now they don't boo bad guys, they cheer them for great performances. Usually they just boo people they hate (heel or not).

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby The Legend » Apr 26, '14, 8:25 am

No, he'll never go face. The character doesn't work AT ALL. They need to put him up against a really over face as soon as his feud with Cena is over so that he gets back to being that heel.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 26, '14, 8:28 am

Knowing WWE, they probably turn him face unexpectedly and have him in another Cena/Sheamus type of face, running down the ramp, and slapping hands with fans, and coming out with a cheesy word when getting ready for his finisher, like, IDK, "Fella!"

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Apr 26, '14, 8:35 am

It would be interesting to see them attempt to turn the group face. Really it shouldn't work. They're basically a cult, it's hard to endorse that kind of thing on television. :lol Then again, subtle changes to their characters could turn them into effective heroes over time. Mankind went from tortured soul to lovable hero in a short enough period of time.

Wyatt could be a more effective modern day take on the Undertaker's face character. Using mind games to exploit the weaknesses of his heel opponents. He'd see through their bullshit and tear down their facade of strength. They could start to consider themselves a group of avenging angels, trying to rid the company of its hypocrisies. It could make for a fun run if done the right way. Though they're probably a better fit as heels in the long run.

Locke wrote:I think he should stay heel or go tweener if anything, but never face. So what, the crowd appreciates him. Today's fans are different. Ninety-nine point nine percent of wrestling fans know wrestling is fake. So now they don't boo bad guys, they cheer them for great performances. Usually they just boo people they hate (heel or not).

You're right about today's fans, but I still think that good storytelling usually leads to fans cheering for the faces and booing the heels. In the best movies out there, you rarely want the villains to win no matter how compelling the actors or characters are. People naturally want to root for the hero.

The problem is that WWE's heroes are incredibly boring for the most part. The bad guys have personality; the good guys all seem to be cut from the same dull mold. It's hard to care about someone who you can't empathize with or relate to in any way.

It doesn't help that WWE is obsessed with making their heroes seem strong. People are drawn to the underdog story. It gives them something to hope for. That's why Daniel Bryan is popular at the moment - because he was portrayed as lesser to his opponents but he kept proving them wrong. In movies and television, most of our heroes start as underdogs. The opening shot of Star Wars wouldn't be nearly as iconic if it was a shot of a huge ship chasing down a slightly LARGER ship. But in wrestling most good guys (take John Cena as the obvious example) are clearly better than all of their villainous opponents and basically can't lose.

Supporting the good guys just isn't fun in WWE most of the time. The bad guys are more interesting AND they're the underdogs. But that's why people loved the Daniel Bryan story so much at the end. He was compelling, he was the underdog and Triple H was playing the heel role perfectly. They took everything that they usually get so wrong and turned it on its head.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kyle » Apr 28, '14, 2:09 pm

I gotta completely agree with Hanley on this one (what else is new?). Personally, I think a lot of wrestling fans now cheer for the interesting characters. Back in the day when Rock, Austin, Mankind, Eddie, etc, were faces, they were interesting, compelling characters who were more or less underdogs. No matter how much they try to convey that Cena is an underdog, he isn't.

On topic, I don't think Wyatt as a face would work.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Chewy » Apr 29, '14, 2:45 am

Kyle wrote:I gotta completely agree with Hanley on this one (what else is new?). Personally, I think a lot of wrestling fans now cheer for the interesting characters. Back in the day when Rock, Austin, Mankind, Eddie, etc, were faces, they were interesting, compelling characters who were more or less underdogs. No matter how much they try to convey that Cena is an underdog, he isn't.

Wyatt doesn't need to change to be a face, which was my original point.

He could be the same crazy bugger against HHH as he could against Daniel Bryan.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 30, '14, 8:52 pm

Chewy wrote:
Kyle wrote:I gotta completely agree with Hanley on this one (what else is new?). Personally, I think a lot of wrestling fans now cheer for the interesting characters. Back in the day when Rock, Austin, Mankind, Eddie, etc, were faces, they were interesting, compelling characters who were more or less underdogs. No matter how much they try to convey that Cena is an underdog, he isn't.

Wyatt doesn't need to change to be a face, which was my original point.

He could be the same crazy bugger against HHH as he could against Daniel Bryan.

I agree with this, much like mankind was changed to face by playing documentary like footage of him but without a character change at all. I am not sure how harper and rowan would fare with a change but Wyatt would thrive either way

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to WWE