It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:56 pm

Bryan Danielson = the next Rock

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bryan Danielson = the next Rock

Postby Buck » Oct 19, '13, 6:32 pm

Okay, you all are going to think I'm nuts, but listen for once.

I've watched recent WWE shows, and I've listened to the reactions from the crowd. Daniel Bryan is fucking OVER. Even if you're not a fan of his, even if you didn't see him live wrestling against Matt Sydal in ROH in a Boston show in 2007 and mark the fuck out over his entrance to The Final Countdown, you gotta admit, he's OVER.

I haven't seen a crowd reaction this loud for a wrestler since Cena in his prime, maybe since The Rock, hence the utterly outrageous topic title.

I really hope WWE doesn't screw this up. The ROH talent, I.E. Bryan, Punk, Rollins, Cesaro, etc. They're the future of WWE. It's all in the booking.

In my opinion, WWE is the best it's been in years right now. I hope they stay on the right track. Here's an ROH mark singing the praises of WWE. :-( I just really hope it works out.

Do you agree with me? Do you think I'm a complete moron? Discuss?

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Re: Bryan Danielson = the next Rock

Postby Kyle » Oct 19, '13, 10:36 pm

I agree with you. Bryan is mega over, and they must capitalize on that. If they don't, they are idiots, simple as that.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 7

Postby The Legend » Oct 20, '13, 5:53 am

I'm going to disagree and here's why. He's over yes, but he's over in a the fans really want him to make it through to the top. I don't know what the WWE is going to do once he gets to the top to keep him interesting to the fans. Bryan's character and persona is about as shallow as I've ever seen a WWE main eventer ever have, he's basically a guy with a crazy beard that goes around shouting one of two words. I've never seen his character develop any serious depth in WWE or any serious mic skills consistently over this tenure. And that's the kind of thing that keeps a WWE main eventer over giving fans a reason to connect and want him to win. Once he actually does win the reason he has going right now goes away. When I see Bryan he reminds me far more of the next Chris Benoit than I do the next Rock.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Oct 20, '13, 6:53 am

^ I agree on the Chris Benoit comparison. I can't see many similarities between Bryan and Rock at all.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 20, '13, 8:45 am

Are you still drunk posting??... :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 20, '13, 10:37 am

Bryan's not the next Rock, and he's certainly not the next Benoit.

Bryan Danielson is the first Bryan Danielson. I have no doubts that once he makes it to the top, the fans will continue to support him.

Why? Two reasons. As a person, he's extremely likable and is very down to earth and caring. As a wrestler, nobody alive is better.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Settee » Oct 20, '13, 11:57 am

VaderBomb wrote:Bryan's not the next Rock, and he's certainly not the next Benoit.

Bryan Danielson is the first Bryan Danielson. I have no doubts that once he makes it to the top, the fans will continue to support him.

Why? Two reasons. As a person, he's extremely likable and is very down to earth and caring. As a wrestler, nobody alive is better.

Very well said, couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby The Legend » Oct 20, '13, 12:28 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Bryan's not the next Rock, and he's certainly not the next Benoit.

WWE fans have never really cared about either of those reasons.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Oct 20, '13, 12:49 pm

He may be the next Bryan Danielson, but he's most comparable to Benoit in terms of past WWE wrestlers.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Oct 20, '13, 1:16 pm

I would argue he is more comparable to Jericho or Foley. Jericho because when Jericho got to WWE it was his history in previous promotions including around the world that helped get him over. Foley because he has a sense of realiness to his character that people gravatate to. I expect Bryan to continue to be a Main Eventer the same way Jericho is a Main Eventer. He will fight top talent most of his career and then put guys over in the latter half of his career.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 20, '13, 4:22 pm

In my opinion, Daniel Bryan reminds me a little of Chris Benoit for his in ring ability and similar move set and Rey Mysterio as the "ultimate underdog" because of his size.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby Viazon » Oct 21, '13, 8:14 pm

I am not denying that Bryan is easily the most over wrestler in the WWE at the minute, but I don't see any similarities with The Rock, other than being over. They are two completely different wrestlers.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Buck » Oct 21, '13, 10:16 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Are you still drunk posting??... :P

This was all the same night.

And for those of you that didn't get it, I was NOT comparing Bryan to Rock. I even said in the original post that the topic title was utterly ridiculous. I mostly used it to get attention for the topic, which worked by the way.

The Legend wrote:I'm going to disagree and here's why. He's over yes, but he's over in a the fans really want him to make it through to the top. I don't know what the WWE is going to do once he gets to the top to keep him interesting to the fans. Bryan's character and persona is about as shallow as I've ever seen a WWE main eventer ever have, he's basically a guy with a crazy beard that goes around shouting one of two words. I've never seen his character develop any serious depth in WWE or any serious mic skills consistently over this tenure. And that's the kind of thing that keeps a WWE main eventer over giving fans a reason to connect and want him to win. Once he actually does win the reason he has going right now goes away. When I see Bryan he reminds me far more of the next Chris Benoit than I do the next Rock.

You're kinda missing the point on why he's over to begin with. The fans enjoy seeing him. They like watching him wrestle. The want him to win because they like seeing him.

I think Bryan being so over is kind of a sign that the industry is changing again. Just like when ECW influenced WWE to essentially bring a watered down version of its style to the masses (the attitude era), the influence of the hardcore wrestling fans with companies like ROH, and even TNA. The industry seems to be moving more into the workrate department. Seeing as how Daniel Bryan is probably the best in-ring performer on this planet that's not Japanese, I think that's why he's catching on. I think wrestling is changing just like it did in the late 90s.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 26

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 21, '13, 11:58 pm

The Legend wrote:

WWE fans have never really cared about either of those reasons.

Yes they actually always have, whether or not WWE capitalized on what the fans wanted is a different tale.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Kyle » Oct 22, '13, 7:16 pm

Buck wrote:I think Bryan being so over is kind of a sign that the industry is changing again. Just like when ECW influenced WWE to essentially bring a watered down version of its style to the masses (the attitude era), the influence of the hardcore wrestling fans with companies like ROH, and even TNA. The industry seems to be moving more into the workrate department. Seeing as how Daniel Bryan is probably the best in-ring performer on this planet that's not Japanese, I think that's why he's catching on. I think wrestling is changing just like it did in the late 90s.

At the end of the day, people want to see great wrestling matches. We've seen in the past that a great story can get you far, but what really puts a solid feud over is the matches that culminate it. Guys like Bryan bring those great wrestling matches and those special moments night after night and he's been doing that for over a decade. And to be that good for that long without too many serious injuries is special.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 23, '13, 10:06 am

Kyle wrote:
Buck wrote:I think Bryan being so over is kind of a sign that the industry is changing again. Just like when ECW influenced WWE to essentially bring a watered down version of its style to the masses (the attitude era), the influence of the hardcore wrestling fans with companies like ROH, and even TNA. The industry seems to be moving more into the workrate department. Seeing as how Daniel Bryan is probably the best in-ring performer on this planet that's not Japanese, I think that's why he's catching on. I think wrestling is changing just like it did in the late 90s.

At the end of the day, people want to see great wrestling matches. We've seen in the past that a great story can get you far, but what really puts a solid feud over is the matches that culminate it. Guys like Bryan bring those great wrestling matches and those special moments night after night and he's been doing that for over a decade. And to be that good for that long without too many serious injuries is special.

Not only that, but out of all the brutal stiff matches that he had in ROH, the indies or Japan, he never once injured his opponent. Pretty incredible considering he was a fucking suplex machine. Tiger suplexes, dragon suplexes, germans, he did them all better than anyone else.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Racing Guy » Oct 23, '13, 5:17 pm

I'm not really feeling how they are pushing DB right now. He comes out, makes a few gay jokes about Orton and chants yes. Granted he's great in the ring but even the best movie gets old after awhile. How many times has he faced some combination of the Shield now? They sorta have a lather rinse and repeat thing going on with him. He does the same thing every week.

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Topics: 21

Return to WWE