It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 7:21 pm

Is Daniel Bryan going to finish as the undeniable GOAT wrestler at this pace?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Is Daniel Bryan going to finish as the undeniable GOAT wrestler at this pace?

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 13, '14, 10:52 am

With the current pace of how well he is doing, can he finish greatest wrestler of all time? He is easily the best in ring performer that we've seen since Angle. He has one of the greatest resumés in wrestling. If his run as the main draw of the WWE ends up being a memorable one, he can easily be remembered with Austin & Rock. Will Daniel Bryan finish his career as the undeniable GOAT at this pace?

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: Is Daniel Bryan going to finish as the undeniable GOAT wrestler at this pace?

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '14, 11:01 am

No.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Re: Is Daniel Bryan going to finish as the undeniable GOAT wrestler at this pace?

Postby Kirbi » Apr 13, '14, 11:04 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:With the current pace of how well he is doing, can he finish greatest wrestler of all time? He is easily the best in ring performer that we've seen since Angle. He has one of the greatest resumés in wrestling. If his run as the main draw of the WWE ends up being a memorable one, he can easily be remembered with Austin & Rock. Will Daniel Bryan finish his career as the undeniable GOAT at this pace?

I would say not, unless his mike work improves (not that he isn't good enough on the mike, but his ability there doesn't compare that well to the standard of others' or to his own wrestling ability).

But then, personally I wouldn't describe The Rock or even Austin as the greatest of all time; although I certainly think that there's an argument to be made for both of them (especially Austin).

I would only be comfortable ascribing that moniker to a wrestler without a hole in their game, and I don't think BD is there yet. He is really good though.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '14, 11:06 am

Messiah wrote:No.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 13, '14, 11:10 am

I considered Bryan to be in the top 3 of all time before he even came to WWE. His World Heavyweight Championship reign in ROH is arguably the best WHC reign of the past 20 years. Now, seeing as Danielson is excelling on the big stage (which many people doubted, myself not included), I wouldn't hesitate to call him the greatest American wrestler of all time.

My Mount Rushmore of wrestlers would be: Mitsuharu Misawa, Bryan Danielson, Ric Flair and Jack Brisco.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 13, '14, 11:13 am

Messiah wrote:No.

The only wrestler that comes to touching Daniel Bryan when it comes to in ring ability is probably Kurt Angle. Show me a wrestler who has better matches than these:

Nigel McGuiness Vs Bryan Danielson (Driven 07 )
KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson (either their Glory by Honor or Driven match. Both are 5* classics)
Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson
Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Over The Limit 2012)
Daniel Bryan vs. Shemaus (Extreme Rules 2012)

He makes the case for best in ring performer EVER. His now on his way to become the most over guy the company has ever seen. He literally would be the ultimate package.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby xgamr » Apr 13, '14, 11:16 am

another no from me.

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 13, '14, 11:17 am

I'm pretty sure everyone saying no hasn't seen his work in ROH.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 13, '14, 11:20 am

It's incredibly premature to discuss whether most fans will even consider ranking Bryan among their top ten of all time, let alone the single greatest. He's only just now truly entering the main event picture in the WWE and hasn't built a packed resume yet of unforgettable moments.

I'm pretty sure everyone saying no hasn't seen his work in ROH.

This is a rather smarmy statement, especially considering that as far as most wrestling fans are concerned, ROH doesn't even exist. The vast majority of fans, at least in the western world, only watch WWE, and in their eyes Daniel Bryan wouldn't yet come close to "greatest" status.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '14, 11:21 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:Show me a wrestler who has better matches than these:

KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson (either their Glory by Honor or Driven match. Both are 5* classics)

Just stop.

Last edited by Messiah on Apr 13, '14, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 13, '14, 11:22 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone saying no hasn't seen his work in ROH.

That may be true, but most fans haven't seen his independent matches as they're not as readily available.

The best of all time are mainly judged on the biggest stage they were a part of. Stone Cold isn't judged mainly on his USWA and WCW days, it's his WWF days.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '14, 11:25 am

In order for Daniel Bryan to be the 'undeniable GOAT wrestler', it would mean that every wrestler to ever compete would pale in comparison to Bryan. It would mean guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Macho Man, Bret Hart, don't even belong in the same sentence as Daniel Bryan. Tell me, honestly, do you believe that Daniel Bryan will completely eclipse those guys, to the extent where even considering that they're better than Bryan in any aspect is laughed at?

This thread, :facepalm

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '14, 11:25 am

By the way, I am saying no to Daniel Bryan being the undeniable greatest superstar/wrestler/whatever of all-time. That is just a ridiculous statement.

I would give an emphatic no to Daniel Bryan being the best superstar/wrestler/whatever of all-time in general, but I won't even bother to get into that because what I consider the greatest/best wrestler of all-time and the tools for such is different than what others may consider.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SKS » Apr 13, '14, 11:27 am

I don't think any one wrestler is the undeniable GOAT. There are far too many wrestlers and far too many opinions.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 13, '14, 11:29 am

Everlong wrote:This is a rather smarmy statement, especially considering that as far as most wrestling fans are concerned, ROH doesn't even exist. The vast majority of fans, at least in the western world, only watch WWE, and in their eyes Daniel Bryan wouldn't yet come close to "greatest" status.

ROH was in their prime as a company when Daniel Bryan was having the best wrestling matches ever in that company. ROH was really popular within the IWC, journalist, and wrestlers as well. As far as those "fans" are concerned, you can make the argument that they didn't even watch Ric Flair in his prime but that doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest in ring performers.

ROH isn't a credible promotion right now because they've lived past their prime years and any amazing spark of talent that performs there immediately gets snatched up by the WWE nowadays.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 13, '14, 11:31 am

Messiah wrote:

Just stop.

Why? When Austin and The Rock were main draws in the company, they didn't have the wrestling talent that Daniel Bryan has. If Daniel Bryan keeps up this pace, I don't see how he can't be the greatest. His mic skills have gotten so much better compared to his ROH days, his charismatic, plays face or heel really well.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '14, 11:34 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Messiah wrote:

Just stop.

Why? When Austin and The Rock were main draws in the company, they didn't have the wrestling talent that Daniel Bryan has. If Daniel Bryan keeps up this pace, I don't see how he can't be the greatest. His mic skills have gotten so much better compared to his ROH days, his charismatic, plays face or heel really well.

So you don't think any wrestler has ever had a match better than Daniel Bryan/CM Punk at OTL and Daniel Bryan/Sheamus at ER?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Apr 13, '14, 11:37 am

I think he has the talent to, the problem is it'd take a ton of other variables to get him there, such as another attitude era like boom period. I've been watching the guy since 2004, I know how good he is in the ring, I've seen him have one great match after another. But to be the greatest of all time, there's a myriad of other factors, as we've seen discussed during this whole tournament deal. In ten years time, maybe he'd be in the conversation but it's premature to be thinking about it right now.

Also the matches you listed DanielsonTHAGOAT, probably not the best choices, as a lot of them aren't even close to his strongest. But I like the dedication and enthusiasm.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '14, 11:38 am

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Apr 13, '14, 11:39 am

Daz wrote:Also the matches you listed DanielsonTHAGOAT, probably not the best choices, as a lot of them aren't even close to his strongest. But I like the dedication and enthusiasm.

Yeah I'm with you on this. Ton of better matches I could think of!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to WWE