It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:36 am

Who should Undertaker's last match be against?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Who should Undertaker's last match be against?

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 03, '14, 1:30 pm

Everlong wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:It should be a young up and comer who isn't going anywhere but up. If there is going to be one man that will "kill" The Undertaker, he isn't ready just yet. Making this question very difficult to answer, wholeheartedly.

On a different level of reality, I'd say at this point if he were to have his final match at WM next year; my choice for his opponent would be CM Punk, considering he still works for WWE.

It'd be awesome to see Bray Wyatt do it next year. Slays Cena at XXX, and kills the streak at XXXI :tim

Wyatt and old man Undertaker would have perfect chemistry for a feud, but I'm not quite sure about Bray's value in the long run. I'm a huge fan, but I'm worried that he might end up being a one-trick pony. He has an awesome gimmick, and is solid in the ring and exceptional on the mic, but how long will this character work for? Bray's very young and hasn't had the lengthy career of say Punk, Bryan or Cesaro, who have proven throughout the years that they can work with and transcend anything that is thrown their way. Give me another year or five and I'll agree or not whether he deserves to "kill" The Undertaker for good.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Apr 03, '14, 1:40 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
Wyatt and old man Undertaker would have perfect chemistry for a feud, but I'm not quite sure about Bray's value in the long run. I'm a huge fan, but I'm worried that he might end up being a one-trick pony. He has an awesome gimmick, and is solid in the ring and exceptional on the mic, but how long will this character work for? Bray's very young and hasn't had the lengthy career of say Punk, Bryan or Cesaro, who have proven throughout the years that they can work with and transcend anything that is thrown their way. Give me another year or five and I'll agree or not whether he deserves to "kill" The Undertaker for good.

Yeah, this is a fair point. The reason I say Bray though is because it basically needs to be an up-and-coming heel, that's the best way to get the most mileage out of breaking the streak. I think Bryan needs to stay face for at least a few years at this point. I wish they'd have just pulled the trigger and let Punk do it last year, he'd have been an outstanding choice, and now he's gone and who knows if he comes back. Even if he does, the magic of him defeating the streak would be lessened by the fact that it took him two tries to do it. Cesaro is awesome, but a feud between him and Taker would be kind of awkward.

I think a good way to help make sure that Wyatt STAYS over as a heel is to have him beat the streak. We'll see how he's able to maintain his heat over the next year at least and can revisit this discussion then, but as of right now he seems to be the best choice out of people who are currently in the fed.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 03, '14, 1:46 pm

Everlong wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

Yeah, this is a fair point. The reason I say Bray though is because it basically needs to be an up-and-coming heel, that's the best way to get the most mileage out of breaking the streak. I think Bryan needs to stay face for at least a few years at this point. I wish they'd have just pulled the trigger and let Punk do it last year, he'd have been an outstanding choice, and now he's gone and who knows if he comes back. Even if he does, the magic of him defeating the streak would be lessened by the fact that it took him two tries to do it. Cesaro is awesome, but a feud between him and Taker would be kind of awkward.

I think a good way to help make sure that Wyatt STAYS over as a heel is to have him beat the streak. We'll see how he's able to maintain his heat over the next year at least and can revisit this discussion then, but as of right now he seems to be the best choice out of people who are currently in the fed.

I agree on the points about Bryan and Cesaro, which is why I didn't throw either of their names into the hat. I also agree that Punk should have proven Undertaker's streak last year. It was an intense storyline based on actual death against the biggest heel in the world. They really fucked up by not giving Punk the win.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Apr 03, '14, 4:13 pm

The problem with Wyatt is that his gimmick is very ... gimmicky. It's working right now, but as ye have already suggested, it's hard to believe that it's going to last all that long before getting old. If his cult was to break up and he maintained a slightly crazed personality, but without quite the same cultish vibe, that could help create more longevity for the character. And that could make him the perfect person to end the streak.

Right now though, he still seems like a character that could go either way. He could have another major feud at Wrestlemania 31, or he could be released or repackaged by then. I don't think his role on the show feels particularly secure. Ending the streak would definitely give him some more job security, but ultimately that prize should go to somebody who the company has plenty of confidence in.

I reckon one of the Shield guys would be the best choice if it were to happen next year. They've all got a big upside and are all probably going to settle into less gimmicky roles once the group breaks up. They already each have quite a bit of credibility from their dominant run in the Shield and with another year to build them up as singles performers any one of them could be a real threat to Undertaker next year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 03, '14, 5:03 pm

If I were to pick the guy to beat Undertaker next year in his final WM opponent it would come down to one of these names: Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose or Sheamus.

Bray would be a great choice because he could use his doctrine and the whole family angle to defeat Taker and continue a long run as a dominant heel.

Sheamus could use it to turn heel and go on a more serious dominant role than what he's done as more of a comedic face.

However, my choice would be Ambrose. He has shown to be really good at the psychological war games that Taker likes to play and the two could convincingly play a game of one upmanship against each other. I truly think that Ambrose may be the only guy in WWE right now that could play a convincing foil to Taker and advance the feud past the basic me vs the streak type of story. Yes the streak will always be a part, but Ambrose could make it more than that.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 03, '14, 5:17 pm

Jesus. How did I forget about Ambrose? I've wanted him to be the guy to take out Undertaker since he first set foot in WWE.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Previous

Return to WWE