It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 9:57 am

Is there anyone out there who believes Lesnar will end the streak?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Is there anyone out there who believes Lesnar will end the streak?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 27, '14, 10:44 am

I remember seeing posts on WWE-Club every year from people convinced that whoever was facing Taker would win (I still remember Messiah's dead-serious post that Triple H was going to win at WrestleMania 27 haha) I remember Peepee genuinely thought Punk was going to beat Undertaker too.

Is there anyone who has bought into this year's rubbish hype and thinks Lesnar will win? Step forward, I won't judge you.

... I kind of will.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Is there anyone out there who believes Lesnar will end the streak?

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 27, '14, 10:48 am

No and for one major reason. I am convinced that if the Streak is ever broken it will be in Taker's last ever match, and his last ever match will be a casket match.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 27, '14, 10:51 am

Lesnar is the least reasonable guy to end the streak. It all comes down to politics and respect. Brock is thought highly of in WWE, but he still left all those years ago and Vince and Triple H surely don't forget. Lesnar losing to Undertaker will be the final nail in the coffin for walking out all those years ago.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 27, '14, 10:55 am

On Austin's podcast with Big Show they talked about the streak and both were adamant that it shouldn't ever be broken and Taker deserved to keep it as a nod to all he's done for the company. I'd be interested if the rest of the WWE Locker room feels the same way, maybe everyone respects Taker so much that no one wants to end the streak.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Mar 27, '14, 11:15 am

Str8Shooter wrote:On Austin's podcast with Big Show they talked about the streak and both were adamant that it shouldn't ever be broken and Taker deserved to keep it as a nod to all he's done for the company. I'd be interested if the rest of the WWE Locker room feels the same way, maybe everyone respects Taker so much that no one wants to end the streak.

Cue Steve flipping his shit.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Mar 27, '14, 11:27 am

The streak will never end and anyone who thinks it will is delusional.

Unfortunately.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Mar 27, '14, 11:33 am

No, not a chance. It's the reason I think they've booked this feud so poorly (in addition to the usual fact that most of the time creative are shit and lazy). The way the build up has been handled it's almost as if Lesnar is being set up to win - usually in the past few years the challenger has always bested Taker on RAW and gotten a physical or mental upper hand heading into Wrestlemania, this year it's been the opposite. Lesnar has been outsmarted and intimidated by Taker at every turn. It's like they're purposely making Brock look weak to try and get us to think he'll win at Wrestlemania...even though we all know there's a single chance of that happening.

Right now if there was anyone I'd deem worthy of ending the streak it'd be Bray Wyatt because of how impressive he is, how much potential he has and the fact that feud would be brilliant - Wyatt could easily turn into the next 'mystical' type character.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 27, '14, 1:23 pm

Lesnar to end the streak?

Let the man himself sum up that statement.

:brock

Ain't happening.

If there was someone who could destroy Taker and end his streak, it would Lesnar.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 5:27 pm

Cue Lesnar straight shooting on Taker and winning by submission.

:lesnar

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby prophet » Mar 27, '14, 5:30 pm

Chewy wrote:Cue Lesnar straight shooting on Taker and winning by submission.

:lesnar

LMAO. If I thought anyone was going to do that it'd be Brock hands down.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Mar 27, '14, 6:10 pm

The Legend wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:On Austin's podcast with Big Show they talked about the streak and both were adamant that it shouldn't ever be broken and Taker deserved to keep it as a nod to all he's done for the company. I'd be interested if the rest of the WWE Locker room feels the same way, maybe everyone respects Taker so much that no one wants to end the streak.

Cue Steve flipping his shit.

:P

I could see why people might not want the pressure of ending it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't end though.

Most wrestlers seem to say it shouldn't end. I think it's just their way of paying respect, or possibly they're just towing the party line by backing up what obviously is Vince's opinion on the matter. Or quite likely, as wrestlers they can't look at the matter objectively.

Doesn't matter why they have that opinion though, they're still wrong.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Viazon » Mar 27, '14, 6:17 pm

I never think anyone is gonna end it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Racing Guy » Mar 27, '14, 7:34 pm

It will never end. If it did, Heath Slater is the man for the job :rotf2

Racing Guy Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 27, '14, 9:33 pm

i don't think the wwe can end the streak, let me explain.

The undertaker and the streak is, and forever will be, the most prestigious thing that wwe has possession and control of. the streak has more respect with the fans and (I would presume) in the locker room than any title wwe has in their arsenal. If WWE ever decided to end the streak they would never be able to find a suitable person to do so. it could be new talent like bray wyatt or a veteran like Kane, Cena, HHH or even Sting, but the problem persists that no matter the build or hype to the match, the emotional and professional ties between taker and his challenger or even the fantasy of something like taker/sting, nothing would overcome the backlash and negative feedback that would come from the fans.

If someone like Bray conquered the streak, the internet would explode and "you suck" chants would start popping up in every arena. the reason I say this is because the streak has been built up so much that no normal wrestler would ever be able to live up to the standards that would be put upon them. If bray beat the streak then we would instantly start criticize every thing he does and hold him to a higher standard simply because he did beat the streak, he would never be as great as he was that one night.

If a veteran like Kane or Cena beat the streak the results would be opposite. they would not need to be evaluated and criticized on a daily basis because they have proven themselves and simply added another notch in their belt. as fitting as it would be for Kane to end the story with their history or as glorious as it would be for Cena to add the crown jewel to his already impressive resume, any veteran that does it would be kicked to the curb instantly because it was not a young guy deserving of a mega push like bray.

on to sting, this is just a bad idea all together. not only would the internet explode, but the whole industry would crumble if WWE allowed a guy to beat the streak on his very first WWE appearance, even if it is sting.

to sum it up, not a single person is capable of surviving the repercussions that would come from beating the streak, positive or negative.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 9:41 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:i don't think the wwe can end the streak, let me explain.

The undertaker and the streak is, and forever will be, the most prestigious thing that wwe has possession and control of. the streak has more respect with the fans and (I would presume) in the locker room than any title wwe has in their arsenal. If WWE ever decided to end the streak they would never be able to find a suitable person to do so. it could be new talent like bray wyatt or a veteran like Kane, Cena, HHH or even Sting, but the problem persists that no matter the build or hype to the match, the emotional and professional ties between taker and his challenger or even the fantasy of something like taker/sting, nothing would overcome the backlash and negative feedback that would come from the fans.

If someone like Bray conquered the streak, the internet would explode and "you suck" chants would start popping up in every arena. the reason I say this is because the streak has been built up so much that no normal wrestler would ever be able to live up to the standards that would be put upon them. If bray beat the streak then we would instantly start criticize every thing he does and hold him to a higher standard simply because he did beat the streak, he would never be as great as he was that one night.

If a veteran like Kane or Cena beat the streak the results would be opposite. they would not need to be evaluated and criticized on a daily basis because they have proven themselves and simply added another notch in their belt. as fitting as it would be for Kane to end the story with their history or as glorious as it would be for Cena to add the crown jewel to his already impressive resume, any veteran that does it would be kicked to the curb instantly because it was not a young guy deserving of a mega push like bray.

on to sting, this is just a bad idea all together. not only would the internet explode, but the whole industry would crumble if WWE allowed a guy to beat the streak on his very first WWE appearance, even if it is sting.

to sum it up, not a single person is capable of surviving the repercussions that would come from beating the streak, positive or negative.

I disagree, someone like Wyatt is ideal beacause as a heel he is supposed to be disliked so extra heat is gravy.

I think you underestimate wrestling fans by saying they couldn't get past Taker losing a fixed match. They got over the screw job, Eddy Guerrero and Owen Harts death, and Katie Vick. We're a resilient bunch.

If taker loses he still has the best WM record OF ALL TIME. He just lost "a match".

As for Taker being inconsolable if he had to lose this match and his legacy, well in that case he's being a fuckng twat and needs to pull his head in. It's a fake sport and he's been pushed as hard or harder than just everyone else.

How is this even a discussion for anyone?

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 27, '14, 9:46 pm

Chewy wrote:I think you underestimate wrestling fans by saying they couldn't get past Taker losing a fixed match. They got over the screw job, Eddy Guerrero and Owen Harts death, and Katie Vick. We're a resilient bunch.

I was not implying that the fans would not get over it, I know that it would eventually become accepted. I am saying that, especially for wyatt or any other young talent, that their careers would not recover before the fans accepted it. they would be buried by the fans so hard at the beginning that they would never be able to recover.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SKS » Mar 27, '14, 9:47 pm

Paul Heyman explained perfectly in his promo why Taker SHOULD lose to someone. He'll still have the 21 straight wins. His legacy won't be tarnished, but it'd make the legacy for whoever beats him as "the guy that broke the streak".

This booking just baffles me, Lesnar is the strongest guy Taker's faced and the most legit threat, yet he is acting like a scared child. Of course the streak won't be broken.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 10:21 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Chewy wrote:I think you underestimate wrestling fans by saying they couldn't get past Taker losing a fixed match. They got over the screw job, Eddy Guerrero and Owen Harts death, and Katie Vick. We're a resilient bunch.

I was not implying that the fans would not get over it, I know that it would eventually become accepted. I am saying that, especially for wyatt or any other young talent, that their careers would not recover before the fans accepted it. they would be buried by the fans so hard at the beginning that they would never be able to recover.

But that heat for a heel is ideal surely?

We're not talking Mordecai who was scared to be on telly here.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 27, '14, 10:28 pm

Chewy wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

I don't know, I guess I am assuming that the breaking the streak is something that should be reserved for the elevation of a face and not to gain heat for a heal.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 10:33 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:

I don't know, I guess I am assuming that the breaking the streak is something that should be reserved for the elevation of a face and not to gain heat for a heal.

I'm not willing to give the WWE enough credit to have anyone beat the streak and remain face. Not even Bryan.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to WWE