It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 8:30 am

Is there anyone out there who believes Lesnar will end the streak?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Is there anyone out there who believes Lesnar will end the streak?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 28, '14, 5:38 am

Chewy wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
Chewy wrote:I think you underestimate wrestling fans by saying they couldn't get past Taker losing a fixed match. They got over the screw job, Eddy Guerrero and Owen Harts death, and Katie Vick. We're a resilient bunch.

I was not implying that the fans would not get over it, I know that it would eventually become accepted. I am saying that, especially for wyatt or any other young talent, that their careers would not recover before the fans accepted it. they would be buried by the fans so hard at the beginning that they would never be able to recover.

But that heat for a heel is ideal surely?

We're not talking Mordecai who was scared to be on telly here.

I don't know, I guess I am assuming that the breaking the streak is something that should be reserved for the elevation of a face and not to gain heat for a heal.

I'm not willing to give the WWE enough credit to have anyone beat the streak and remain face. Not even Bryan.

For whatever reason, the only vision I can see of a streak win is someone beating taker and then taker shaking his hand and giving him a pat on the back on his way out of the ring with the crowd cheering. In reality you are right, it could be a face vs face match and the streak breaker would instantly gain nuclear heat from the crowd making them a heel

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Tom » Mar 28, '14, 3:41 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
For whatever reason, the only vision I can see of a streak win is someone beating taker and then taker shaking his hand and giving him a pat on the back on his way out of the ring with the crowd cheering. In reality you are right, it could be a face vs face match and the streak breaker would instantly gain nuclear heat from the crowd making them a heel

They could also have a heel (or a face they are looking to turn heel) beat Taker controversially. This would immediately garner a rematch at the following years Mania in which Taker can get the victory and then retire on a high note. This would probably be the best way they could go about ending the streak. Taker losing at Mania then competing in a match at the following Mania puts him in a compelling situation in which we haven't seen from him before!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 23

Postby Kein » Mar 28, '14, 3:59 pm

I am not a huge WWE fan anymore these days but I used to be so I can kind of understand the predicament. Kind of.

First and foremost I just want to say I don't think Brock will win this match, as huge as the guy is physically, he has come and gone from WWE and is still way too green in my opinion to waltz in and take down the Taker. To me, someone who beats taker has to be a seasoned warrior, a veteran such as himself. Only then do they have a chance at honorably winning the match and be accepted. (problem is most are leaving/gone)

I think it should be someone who chooses to fight Taker out of respect and for the challenge, and not make it a grudge match. If it is a grudge match that is built up with hostility it only fuels Undertaker to come back and redeem himself, and it encourages him to keep on coming back. They should challenge Undertaker and let Undertaker pick the match type and beat him at that. I think it should be more of a baton pass to the next person who wants to live up to a reputation like Undertaker. Who it is I have no idea, but I think that's not a bad way to end the streak and keep fans reasonably happy if Undertaker wants to retire.

*shrugs* But what do I know?! I've been out of it for so long.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 26, '16, 7:51 pm

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Twister » Jun 28, '16, 6:47 am

Well :lol

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 28, '16, 7:58 pm

Twister wrote:Well :lol

IT'S THE BIG SHOW.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 28, '16, 10:45 pm

Not a chance. Undertaker's streak will live on forever. Lesnar can't even suplex without shitting his crack.

Taker Mania 4 Lyfe

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Daz » Jun 28, '16, 11:55 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Not a chance. Undertaker's streak will live on forever. Lesnar can't even suplex without shitting his crack.

Taker Mania 4 Lyfe

I'm afraid...

:barrett

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Enygma » Jun 30, '16, 11:38 am

This thread :lol :lol :lol 8)

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Previous

Return to WWE