It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:26 am

Why is The Big Show the main attraction now?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Why is The Big Show the main attraction now?

Postby prophet » Oct 15, '13, 6:39 am

How has the show shifted attention from Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton to The Big Show? It feels like they're trying to replace Bryan with Show - even having him copy the 'YES' chants at the end of the show? I loved the tag team title match but this isn't 1999, the show shouldn't be ending with HHH and Big Show at odds.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Why is The Big Show the main attraction now?

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 15, '13, 11:24 am

prophet wrote:How has the show shifted attention from Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton to The Big Show? It feels like they're trying to replace Bryan with Show - even having him copy the 'YES' chants at the end of the show? I loved the tag team title match but this isn't 1999, the show shouldn't be ending with HHH and Big Show at odds.

I'm not so sure it's usurping the Bryan/Orton feud, it seems like HHH/Show is a new feud spun off from that one. If it starts happening every week I could agree with you, but for one week it's not that big of a deal.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Kyle » Oct 15, '13, 7:16 pm

I see it as Show being the x-factor in the feud and now he has started this new beef with Hunter. He was involved in the feud right from the start but the main focus is still Bryan and Orton.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Hanley! » Oct 16, '13, 12:09 pm

I checked out the tag match on Youtube, and the ending bothered me. Big Show getting involved wouldn't be that bad in theory, but he completely stole the spotlight from the brothers. The camera barely showed them celebrating, they were too busy showing Big Show in the crowd and Triple H fuming. It seems like the Rhodes stuff has been the most popular part of this angle so far, so not letting them have centre stage when they win their first tag titles as brothers is a misstep.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Oct 16, '13, 12:48 pm

I don't feel as though they've shifted attention (certainly not the way Triple H and Kevin Nash stole the attention away from Punk post Summer of Punk) but rather expanded the feud to involve more of the roster. Big Show has been a big part of the angle from the get go and has made bigger stars out of Cody Rhodes and Goldust (who wasn't even employed a few months ago), so I say fair enough. given the way the story played out, you needed the big moment with Show and Triple H but I do agree with Hanley, doing it at the expense of Cody and Goldust's celebration was a misstep. You could have had two big moments spread over a couple of weeks instead of hackneying one for the other in the same segment.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby motionmann » Oct 17, '13, 9:01 am

I'm okay with Big Show being involved the way he is. I just wasn't okay with Rhodes and Goldie being overlooked after beating the Shield who have been champions forever.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby prophet » Oct 17, '13, 9:02 am

Hanley! wrote:I checked out the tag match on Youtube, and the ending bothered me. Big Show getting involved wouldn't be that bad in theory, but he completely stole the spotlight from the brothers. The camera barely showed them celebrating, they were too busy showing Big Show in the crowd and Triple H fuming. It seems like the Rhodes stuff has been the most popular part of this angle so far, so not letting them have centre stage when they win their first tag titles as brothers is a misstep.

Yeah I pretty much agree with everything you've said.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 20, '13, 4:38 pm

I'm starting to like Big Show a little more now. Knocking out HHH was the best thing he's done in a while. I agree that his presence can definitely help the younger guys like Cody get over more. It should be interesting to see his role in Survivor Series. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned heel on his team for the 1000th time though. Just out of curiosity, I wonder who has switched back and forth as face or heel more times between Show and Kane.

Last edited by rawisjericho on Oct 20, '13, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby Settee » Oct 20, '13, 5:53 pm

For some strange reason the WWE loves Big Show and puts a ton of faith in him. I don't understand why they insist on shoving him down our throats but I will admit he has become a little bit interesting as of late.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Enygma » Oct 21, '13, 12:42 pm

Its so they can build up Show vs Hunter at Survivor Series

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby prophet » Oct 21, '13, 6:58 pm

AndJusticeForAll wrote:Its so they can build up Show vs Hunter at Survivor Series

Which would be pure tripe.

Isn't Show meant to be 'fired'? - how has he managed to hack the titan-tron?!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Oct 21, '13, 8:12 pm

At least they are doing something fairly interesting with the guy. I actually find myself looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen every week with him.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to WWE