It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 4:41 am

WWE to ruin a good movie

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE to ruin a good movie

Postby xgamr » Feb 11, '14, 4:33 pm

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/wwe-s ... 201097025/

WWE Studios will produce “Jingle All the Way 2,” starring Larry the Cable Guy, and a fourth installment of “The Marine” together with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

WWE star Mike “The Miz” Mizanin will return for “The Marine 4,” after starring in the third outing last year. Should the film, which will also feature WWE Diva Summer Rae, prove a popular seller, the film could give Mizanin his first film franchise. Mizanin headlined the ABC Family comedy “Christmas Bounty” over the holidays.

The “Jingle” sequel, to be directed by Alex Zamm, will also feature WWE’s Santino Marella. Film starts production in March and will become available on homevideo platforms this holiday. Zamm also directed direct-to-homevideo comedy “Tooth Fairy 2,” also headlined by Larry the Cable Guy.

Vince, stick to your own damn product and stop branching out

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: WWE to ruin a good movie

Postby The Legend » Feb 11, '14, 5:01 pm

I know, I can't believe they are going to sully the name which was the masterpieces of the first three Marine movies.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Feb 11, '14, 5:02 pm

LARRY THE CABLE GUY?!?! He's still doing things?!?!

Ugh. Jingle All the Way is one of my favorite Christmas movies ever. Arnold is hilarious, and IT HAD PHIL FREAKING HARTMAN god rest his soul.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Feb 11, '14, 5:03 pm

Bring back Arny!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby prophet » Feb 11, '14, 5:09 pm

They're not ruining the original in any way. Jingle All The Way is probably my favourite Christmas film considering it's the one film I look forward to watching every year and even if the sequel sucks it still won't sully the legacy of the original. The original has been around too long for it's legacy to be tarnished by a bad sequel just short of 20 years later.

In saying that I can see this being pretty funny. It's a simple plot and Santino I guess can be funny at times.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 11, '14, 5:12 pm

How did the first one leave any room for a sequel? Even an Arnold sequel a year later wouldn't have worked very well (see the Santa Clause movies for reference)

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to WWE