It is currently: May 09, '24, 12:48 am

My problem with most peoples daniel bryan problems

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

My problem with most peoples daniel bryan problems

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 28, '14, 12:14 pm

I have thought about this for some time now and after the rumble it all but solidified my thoughts...

Everyone is so pissed at wwe right now claiming they are the worst ran company of all time, they have their heads up their own ass', they don't know what they are doing, they are burying Bryan, hhh is a dick, Vince is a dick, on and on and on.

My thoughts are that wwe is playing you all like fools. They can't be so blind as to ignore Bryan's draw, so deaf to hear his chants and so ignorant to purposely hold him back so "the bigger guy" gets the money. Over the past couple months Bryan's fan base and draw has increased exponentially, the more they hold him back the more he draws, the more people tune in or buy tickets to say they witnessed the night Daniel Brian stuck it to the machine. I think that's why Brian lost clean at RR and not some bs shit from harper and rowan, wwe is watering the seed of hope between fails to keep fans following until he explodes from the ground into a giant redwood overnight. By constantly holding him back they are making that one moment he prevails when it counts that much more special and memorable.

Maybe wwe learned from cena and decided to indirectly shove Brian down our throats by actually making us care about him and his matches. I think we knows what they are doing, everyone else is so use to the normal that we think its all a fuck up instead of gold.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 98

Re: My problem with most peoples daniel bryan problems

Postby Everlong » Jan 28, '14, 12:16 pm

This argument holds a lot more weight if you completely throw out the past like 10 years of history in the WWE and forget that they have a history of colossal fuck-ups when it comes to guys that started to get over and then had all of their momentum killed.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Jan 28, '14, 12:20 pm

My problem is now it just looks silly to have Bryan coming out saying "Why wasn't I in the Rumble" and "What about me," they shouldn't have to do this sorta BS because it feels like now they're saying "OKAY FINE GEEZ HERE WE'LL PUSH BRYAN AFTER COMPLETELY IGNORING HIM AND RUINING HIS ROYAL RUMBLE NIGHT!"

It's just dumb now.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby The Legend » Jan 28, '14, 1:03 pm

I have another theory. For the past 10 or so years the WWE's biggest goal has been to surprise people and keep people guessing and providing as much of a shock factor as they can for big moments when they come. If they had Bryan win the Rumble then people would have known for two months that the final image of WrestleMania would be Bryan winning the belt and holding the title up high. By doing it this way (if in fact they end up with him winning the main event) then they've managed the suspense far better and kept the picture unclear for as long as possible.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 28, '14, 1:07 pm

Everlong wrote:This argument holds a lot more weight if you completely throw out the past like 10 years of history in the WWE and forget that they have a history of colossal fuck-ups when it comes to guys that started to get over and then had all of their momentum killed.

True, but all of the guys in the past have failed catastrophically well before they got even half of the following Brian has. Something they are doing is working, Brian is over, well over and he is not slowing down. The key will be the timing of the end game.

Locke wrote:My problem is now it just looks silly to have Bryan coming out saying "Why wasn't I in the Rumble" and "What about me," they shouldn't have to do this sorta BS because it feels like now they're saying "OKAY FINE GEEZ HERE WE'LL PUSH BRYAN AFTER COMPLETELY IGNORING HIM AND RUINING HIS ROYAL RUMBLE NIGHT!"

It's just dumb now.

I agree last nights rant from Brian seemed more like a bitch fest or a whine than anything else. The path they are taking with him may not be perfect but its getting them there. Once again, the key is the end game, when they let Brian stick it to the machine. Its getting to the breaking point with the fans so unless something changes storyline wise it will have to be soon.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Georgerv » Jan 28, '14, 1:35 pm

I don't think Bryan's draw has increased over the past couple months though, he was getting ridiculously huge reactions like this when facing Orton too, and when feuding with the Shield.

There is zero reason for them not to have pulled the trigger by now, even if it's building to Wrestlemania.

Plus WWE playing us like fools? The WWE is the only fool around here, they have spent the last half a year destroying consumer confidence, and that confidence takes a lot longer to build back up than it does to piss away.

What they have done with Daniel Bryan is dumb in every sense of the word, and they deserve the shit they're getting for it.

EDIT: My other problem with this story is it is just too damn one-sided. Even when Austin was feuding with the corporation and getting screwed out of title shots, he got little victories here and there, he still got to stick it to Vince without winning the title, and was always made to look like a threat. Every time Bryan has got anything near a victory it has immediately been snatched away. Bryan finally Knees HHH in the head.... Sweet Chin Music 10 seconds later as an example. HHH just looks fricken untouchable, when HHH or his "guys" lose they don't really lose, and when Bryan (or indeed punk most of the time) wins they don't really win.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 28, '14, 10:09 pm

Okay, I see what you are saying.

Let me ask one thing though just out of curiosity.

If wwe could do something other than the obvious answer of putting the title on him, what would wwe have to do in order to restore faith in the fans that this is an elaborate push and not some game being played by hhh and Vince?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 28, '14, 11:05 pm

My problem isn't so much with Bryan not winning. I just refuse to believe that WWE is going to keep him out of the main event permanently and just pretend not to give a shit about anybody's opinion. Even if they fucked up before the Rumble, the extremely negative reaction to the Rumble taught them a lesson (assuming they didn't see it coming). But the fact that Bryan came out in the opening segment on Raw, trashed HHH and Stephanie's decision to not have him in the Rumble match, then won in the Raw main event, makes me think he's going to be just fine.

The biggest problem I have is Batista winning the Rumble. That's just fucked. I could write an essay about all the reasons this is wrong. And EVEN IF they knew Batista was going to get booed, even if they run with it and turn him heel, the fact that Batista of all people won the rumble and is going to be in the main event of the biggest show ever is just fucking wrong. Like I said in another thread, I assume their thinking was with The Rock gone, they "desperately" needed another big name star with crossover appeal, and went with Batista. But Batista ain't The Rock, anybody can tell you that. I really hope they turn him heel, because Heeltista is awesome. But it would only make them slightly less stupid for thinking that they need Batista to sell the 2014 Wrestlemania main event.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Georgerv » Jan 28, '14, 11:32 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Okay, I see what you are saying.

Let me ask one thing though just out of curiosity.

If wwe could do something other than the obvious answer of putting the title on him, what would wwe have to do in order to restore faith in the fans that this is an elaborate push and not some game being played by hhh and Vince?

At this point the only Big win Bryan can get that's not the title is getting HHH "fired", but rumour is that CM Punk is facing Hunter at Wrestlemania, so hell if I know. They've booked themselves into a bit of a corner and seem to be scrambling to get out of it as it is.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Buck » Jan 28, '14, 11:43 pm

WWE fans have already had a much longer attention span with Bryan than they normally have. That's because he's extraordinary, not the usual case of when a WWE guy gets over. I think WWE is still just trying to test the fans' patience.

They do this with every guy that gets over. A guy gets over, WWE shits on them for a long period of time, and they only finally push them if they can sustain being over after WWE's shit on them for a couple of years.

That's why in the last 10 years or so, pretty much the only WWE wrestler who has been elevated to truly top level main event status is Punk, because he's the only one so far who's been enough of a star to manage to survive being shit on for so long before WWE finally gave him his push. Every other legit top guy has been in that position for 10 years or more.

This is why WWE has so few legit main eventers. They don't know how to make stars. They wouldn't even know a superstar if they came up behind them and bit them in the ass, which is basically how you'd describe the rise of Bryan.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Return to WWE