It is currently: May 06, '24, 9:34 pm

Did Batista endanger his spot at Mania last night?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Did Batista endanger his spot at Mania last night?

Postby The Legend » Jan 27, '14, 3:48 pm

So apparently after the Rumble was over as Batista was walking back up the ramp he argued with a fan that was flipping him off and then flipped the fan off. He then apparently mocked the Yes Chant doing a double middle finger salute instead of the pointer finger. Here's the article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1937927-batista-engages-fans-after-royal-rumble-reportedly-mocks-daniel-bryan-yes-chant

Can't say this is a very good look for a PG company and may force WWE to reassess their Mania plans to some degree. Interesting to see if there's any fallout from this.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Did Batista endanger his spot at Mania last night?

Postby Everlong » Jan 27, '14, 3:50 pm

Personally I think it's awesome that he did this, because he took the reactions that the crowd was giving him and ran with it. Unlike the WWE, Batista is apparently smart enough to know that if the crowd is turning you into a heel, you may as well just go with it. And he certainly went with it :lol

As much as I don't want Batista in the WrestleMania main event, I'd at least hope that something like this wouldn't be the reason they'd remove him from it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Jan 27, '14, 4:03 pm

Yeah I don't think he's done anything wrong by rolling with the punches so I'd hope they don't read too much into it. As much as I hated Batista winning last night it's not really his fault - it's not like he's going to turn down winning the Rumble and headlining Mania is he? People like Batista, Cena and Orton are the ones that get the brunt of the audience's anger because they're the only ones who we can show our anger at. Cena being the company man likely doesn't care but Batista was probably pissed that his big hero's return didn't go down as he'd hoped :lol

With all the publicity he'll bring when Guardians of the Galaxy comes out I'd say he's in a pretty untouchable position right now, sadly.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 27, '14, 4:06 pm

I really hope this is the beginning of an actual heel turn. I can understand him flipping a fan off in the heat of the moment, but then the mocking of the "yes" chants at the top of the ramp is something that's been done regularly by heels on the show. I think if Batista knew they were keeping him as a face he would have just flipped the fan off and walked to the back. But he openly mocked Bryan in front of the entire arena, and the camera was pointed right at him as you can see in the picture. Why would they be filming him if the show already went off the air...?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE