It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 4:55 pm

Rumor that starts near every Wrestlemania...

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rumor that starts near every Wrestlemania...

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jan 16, '14, 4:02 pm

Once again it seems as though WWE is attempting to get Sting to come to the company, as they have every year for the past few years.

Sting has NOT renewed his TNA deal yet.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/2446 ... gotiations

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 119

Re: Rumor that starts near every Wrestlemania...

Postby JPG619 » Jan 16, '14, 8:34 pm

We don't need him, I think we will do fine with the wrestlers we have now and not some washed up wrestler.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby HFX » Jan 16, '14, 9:11 pm

JPG619 wrote:We don't need him, I think we will do fine with the wrestlers we have now and not some washed up wrestler.

Screw you I need Undertaker vs Sting. Even if it's 15 years too late and would be completely terrible :lol.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 16, '14, 9:23 pm

Has anyone checked to see if his end of contract date with TNA would allow sufficient time to honor a 90 day no compete clause before mania?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Settee » Jan 16, '14, 10:06 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Has anyone checked to see if his end of contract date with TNA would allow sufficient time to honor a 90 day no compete clause before mania?

Pretty sure TNA doesn't have a no compete clause considering AJ just left TNA and is already back in ROH.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby SKS » Jan 16, '14, 11:54 pm

I wouldn't be against it as long as it isn't like 30 minutes. I mean, sure the match would be awful, but if it's only like 10 minutes than whatever. I'm sure it would generate excitement and ratings which is why it'd probably be dragged out into a 40 minute snooze fest, so I'm hoping it never happens.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby prophet » Jan 17, '14, 8:07 am

This may be me just clutching at straws but the likelihood of this happening may have just improved. This features potential TNA spoilers so I'll hide it for those that may not want to see...

Spoiler:
At a TNA taping set to air on the 24th January Sting wrestled in a match where the stipulation was that if he lost he wouldn't re-sign his TNA contract. He indeed lost and his contract was ripped up to close the show. Of course this could just be a work but with what happened with AJ Styles I'm not so sure.

I'd love to see Sting vs Taker for the spectacle alone. Give them 10-15 minutes and I'm sure they'd be able to put on a good show, despite the entire world knowing Taker would win.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 17, '14, 8:16 am

Settee321 wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:Has anyone checked to see if his end of contract date with TNA would allow sufficient time to honor a 90 day no compete clause before mania?

Pretty sure TNA doesn't have a no compete clause considering AJ just left TNA and is already back in ROH.

I think they do.
If I recall right its a 90 day no televised compete clause. So they can goto DOH or WWE or NJPW but they can not compete in anything that is recorded for television distribution. So in a case of going to wwe they would have to stay in the performance center training or whatever for those 90 days

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Twister » Jan 17, '14, 8:38 am

I don't know. I mean I am a HUGE Taker fan and a pretty big Sting fan, and like many others my dream match is Sting V Undertaker, but at this point I feel the match would be a huge let down and is better left as a dream rather than a reality, ten years ago I would have been completely in favour, but now I don't think it will be the classic that some fans expect it to be. Of course I'm talking from a fan perspective rather than a business perspective, it most definitely would bring in the money and the ratings hence their motivation for trying to get him every year for the past few years.

Also, would Sting really sign with WWE, only to lose his first match to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania? I guess if they offered enough $ then yeah he would but what would they do with him afterwards?

I think for me, when it comes to this rumour, I'll believe it when I see it.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby PorkChop » Jan 17, '14, 8:45 am

I have no desire to see this at all.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 17, '14, 1:48 pm

The match itself is a hard one to decide on.
Sting can still go fairly well and put on some quality matchs but its taker I am worried about. He has shown in the last couple years that these matches are more about the idea of the undertaker wrestling instead of giving a quality match.
It would be awesome if takers last match was against a legend like sting but I don't know if sting can sell taker enough to make it look like a decent match

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 19, '14, 7:21 pm

PorkChop wrote:I have no desire to see this at all.

There are few matches I would like to see less then this.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Buck » Jan 19, '14, 8:01 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Settee321 wrote:

I think they do.
If I recall right its a 90 day no televised compete clause. So they can goto DOH or WWE or NJPW but they can not compete in anything that is recorded for television distribution.

The ROH show AJ wrestled in on 1/4 WAS recorded for television. It just won't be airing until the beginning of February. Still, 90 days from December 17th would mean March 17th, long after the show is going to air.

The Artist Formerly Known As Supakilla13.

Joined WWE-Club on September 10, 2003.

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.
Buck Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 26

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 19, '14, 8:49 pm

Buck wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:
Settee321 wrote:

I think they do.
If I recall right its a 90 day no televised compete clause. So they can goto DOH or WWE or NJPW but they can not compete in anything that is recorded for television distribution.

The ROH show AJ wrestled in on 1/4 WAS recorded for television. It just won't be airing until the beginning of February. Still, 90 days from December 17th would mean March 17th, long after the show is going to air.

Yes, but leading up to AJ's departure from TNA they were showing footage of him wrestling in ROH on iMPACT! so I would say that TNA and ROH have some kinda special circumstances going on with AJ. But I still believe that as a general contract stipulation for TNA wrestlers is a no compete clause

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jan 20, '14, 2:31 pm

^^ I believe the footage they showed of Styles was from AAA and Japan. But maybe they showed him in ROH too since I stopped watching. If they did though, that would seem to mark a very different relationship between the two companies than what they had a few years ago.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Settee » Jan 20, '14, 2:46 pm

HFX wrote:
JPG619 wrote:We don't need him, I think we will do fine with the wrestlers we have now and not some washed up wrestler.

Screw you I need Undertaker vs Sting. Even if it's 15 years too late and would be completely terrible :lol.

I too want to see this match just for the novelty of it.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 20, '14, 7:43 pm

Settee321 wrote:
HFX wrote:

I too want to see this match just for the novelty of it.

I am at the point now were I could not care any less about watching undertaker wrestler anyone, however, I have devoted a lot of my TV life to wwe and wrestling so I would kick my own ass if I did not watch taker at mania knowing it could very well be his last.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jan 22, '14, 11:19 pm

Sting worked two TNA live events last week, which is rare as he owed two dates on his existing contract, which is up for renewal soon.

The impression is he won't resign with TNA and is very much on his way to WWE.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... ining-WWE/

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 119

Postby Hanley! » Jan 23, '14, 11:55 am

To be honest, he's been crap in TNA for ages now and he has nothing new to do there. In WWE he could at least be entertaining in a couple of cheap novelty matches, that should secure him big pay days. And after that he can try retirement out for a while.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '14, 12:06 pm

Latest update on this again looks promising for those of us that want to see Sting in the WWE. Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/446821- ... ing-to-wwe

"While talk of Sting coming to WWE seems to take place every year around this time, it's being said WWE officials have believed, for the past fews months, that Sting was coming in at some point this year, and lately it's being talked about backstage like it's really going to happen."

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to WWE