It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 5:35 pm

The WWE Network

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The WWE Network

Postby Georgerv » Jan 08, '14, 8:51 pm

All 12 PPVs each year, every WWE, WCW and ECW ppv available at launch, as well as old episodes of Raw and Smackdown.

Then new Raw and Smackdown pre and post shows, and all the rumored series such as Legends House, and WWE Rewind, WWE Countdown, WWE vs WCW Monday night War. NXT and Superstars will also be aired on it each week.

$9.99 a month.

It's a streaming service available on pretty much every platform

Non-US Countries launch window is late 2014, US launch Febuary 24th

If I've missed anything here's a story that will have covered it: http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... Announced/

Last edited by Georgerv on Jan 08, '14, 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Re: The WWE Network

Postby Messiah » Jan 08, '14, 8:55 pm

That deal is amazing.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 08, '14, 8:58 pm

Currious if its a promotional price or the real price.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 08, '14, 9:08 pm

I'm really impressed with the Network.

I had first thought it was just a cable subscription but online streaming and all the pay per views?! Shit man. That's really, really good.

It seems 9.99 is the price with a 6 month commitment. I can see them charging more for a month by month sub.

Last edited by SortaCreative on Jan 08, '14, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Settee » Jan 08, '14, 9:10 pm

I am really looking forward to not having to pay for every PPV. I am gonna save a ton of money with this app. I cannot wait until it is available. Being able to watch every previous PPV will really awesome too.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Romo » Jan 08, '14, 9:26 pm

It's going to be so easy for people to stream this online now :P WWE is going to have their work cut out tracking them on now

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 08, '14, 9:29 pm

Is this a online thing only or is it going to be available on major providers?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Camstud » Jan 08, '14, 9:30 pm

Launching outside the US nearly a year later is really frustrating. With all of the time they've taken getting it off the ground could they seriously not launch it at the same time, if not only slightly later in at LEAST say the UK?

Sounds really promising though. I'm not even a big WWE fan anymore and I'll probably subscribe. Every previous PPV is great.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Ali » Jan 08, '14, 9:31 pm

I'm actually considering this, if only for the massive VOD library. $9.99 is more than reasonable for me, and having basically every great major US wrestling moment whenever I want is pretty awesome. I might get this. If nothing else, it'll be easier and better quality than trying to hunt through YouTube.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby Settee » Jan 08, '14, 9:38 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Is this a online thing only or is it going to be available on major providers?

It is basically Netflix. So it will be available on Consoles and PC.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Romo » Jan 08, '14, 9:48 pm

16. Will Raw, SmackDown and Main Event move to WWE Network?
No, Raw, SmackDown and Main Event will continue to air on their current networks – USA, Syfy and ION television, respectively.

All your really getting is PPV's and the history stuff, PPV's can still be bought and watched on TV so if you don't care to watch WWE history then I wouldn't recommend getting this.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Jan 08, '14, 9:54 pm

I haven't watched wrestling regularly in ages but I'd seriously consider this. Every RAW/SD/PPV/etc EVER, AND live PPVs every month for TEN BUCKS A MONTH?!?! That's a fucking unbelievable deal.

I mean, it's so good that it's almost too good to be true. Which is why I'm still just a bit skeptical (call me jaded). But if they're really offering everything that they say they are for ten bucks a month, I'm absolutely going to consider getting it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby motionmann » Jan 08, '14, 9:55 pm

Ho-ly-shit... That deal is fucking incredible! Take my money now!!!!!!! Seriously! :clap :clap

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby motionmann » Jan 08, '14, 9:57 pm

Romo wrote:All your really getting is PPV's and the history stuff, PPV's can still be bought and watched on TV so if you don't care to watch WWE history then I wouldn't recommend getting this.

PPV's can be bought for $65 still if you don't have the network. Even if you get this just for the PPV's, you're inly spending $10 to watch them instead of $65. Wrestlemania was damn bear $100 last year. Incredible increadible deal. They're also having all of their original content on their like Legends House and what not.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Romo » Jan 08, '14, 10:04 pm

motionmann wrote:
Romo wrote:All your really getting is PPV's and the history stuff, PPV's can still be bought and watched on TV so if you don't care to watch WWE history then I wouldn't recommend getting this.

PPV's can be bought for $65 still if you don't have the network. Even if you get this just for the PPV's, you're inly spending $10 to watch them instead of $65. Wrestlemania was damn bear $100 last year. Incredible increadible deal. They're also having all of their original content on their like Legends House and what not.

I forget you Americans get ripped the shit off with this stuff, it's (last time I got a PPV like 3 years back) £14.95 here in the UK and then we even some for free on Sky Sports

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Georgerv » Jan 08, '14, 10:07 pm

Romo wrote:16. Will Raw, SmackDown and Main Event move to WWE Network?
No, Raw, SmackDown and Main Event will continue to air on their current networks – USA, Syfy and ION television, respectively.

All your really getting is PPV's and the history stuff, PPV's can still be bought and watched on TV so if you don't care to watch WWE history then I wouldn't recommend getting this.

Well you get Superstars and NXT on it, and replays of Raw and Smackdown (I'd imagine a couple of days after they air). Then you get the pre and post shows for PPVs and Raw and Smackdown, and new original programming too (legends house, countdown and such). So it's more than just for their tape library

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Postby JPG619 » Jan 08, '14, 10:52 pm

Messiah wrote:That deal is amazing.

That price is awesome just wish it was available in Canada because I would order it ASAP

Well you can't watch RAW and SmackDown when the air it be on demand after the show airs from what I heard.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Settee » Jan 08, '14, 11:19 pm

JPG619 wrote:

That price is awesome just wish it was available in Canada because I would order it ASAP

Well you can't watch RAW and SmackDown when the air it be on demand after the show airs from what I heard.

It will be available in Canada.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 08, '14, 11:19 pm

Sounds pretty damn awesome. My concern is the same as you who fear that the price will raise in subsequent months.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby JPG619 » Jan 08, '14, 11:54 pm

Settee321 wrote:
JPG619 wrote:

It will be available in Canada.

Not right away it said late 2014 / 2015 on the WWE.com site which kind of sucks since they will lose a year or so worth of money from me. I been working nights and been forced to record RAW and SmackDown so now I can just watch the replay there with out the having to record it to my computer

http://www.wwe.com/help#twenty-five

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Next

Return to WWE