It is currently: May 18, '24, 2:23 pm

Match Made for Royal Rumble At Smackdown Tapings

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Match Made for Royal Rumble At Smackdown Tapings

Postby Georgerv » Jan 07, '14, 8:57 pm

Apparently Big Show vs Lesnar was made for the royal rumble during the Smackdown tapings tonight.

Not particularly looking forward to this, Royal Rumble 2003 called and said even back then the match sucked. At least Lesnar might get a win to make him look a little more credible building up to Wrestlemania.

Source: http://wrestlingnewssource.com/news/327 ... le-PPV-At/

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Re: Match Made for Royal Rumble At Smackdown Tapings

Postby Messiah » Jan 07, '14, 9:40 pm

It's UFC Lesnar. No match is bad with UFC Lesnar.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Georgerv » Jan 07, '14, 9:44 pm

It's 2014 Diaper wearing Big Show, no match is good with Diaper wearing Big Show.

It seems we're at an impasse

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Postby PorkChop » Jan 08, '14, 7:10 am

Lesnar vs Big Show?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 08, '14, 11:37 am

More often than not whenever Big Show gets these big matches set up for him, I always feel as if they are doing him a personal favor for all the time and energy he's given. Instead of his character actually earning the spot.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Jan 08, '14, 11:43 am

Show is just the fluffer. It's just a means of giving Lesnar an impressive win on paper before the Undertaker returns.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Jan 08, '14, 12:04 pm

VaderBomb wrote:More often than not whenever Big Show gets these big matches set up for him, I always feel as if they are doing him a personal favor for all the time and energy he's given. Instead of his character actually earning the spot.

Yeah, that's the problem I have with him. For the past few years, Big Show has been unbearable as a face or heel, though having him as a face is probably the lesser of the two evils.

Show's horribly out of shape these days, is slow and lethargic, his matches are shit and his character is permanently stale no matter what they do with him. No one wants to see him in the main event, and no one wants to see him in the midcard. I get that he's a nice guy and has given a lot of time to the business, but still, he's got nothing going for him anymore.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 08, '14, 1:01 pm

If it was going to be Lesnar against a big dude, should have been Mark Henry. But it seems he ain't back anytime soon after Lesnar took him out. Would be much better than Show vs. Lesnar.

The Hall Of Pain Inducter vs. Baddest Man On The Planet.

Instead you've got:

Baddest Man On the Planet vs. The Fattest Man On the Planet.

(He's not really but sums him up I'd say for me)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Settee » Jan 08, '14, 1:12 pm

I know its hard to believe, but after that video with Big Show wearing a diaper, he is even less intimidating than he was before. I don't know how or why WWE is gonna make Show seem like a threat to Lesnar. If the WWE wanted Show to seem like an actual threat, they should stop making him look beyond ridiculous. Big Show needs to retire because he cannot wrestle anymore (not that he was ever all that good to begin with) and he just looks pitiful like he will do literally anything for money. Lesnar deserves a REAL opponent. I would rather see anyone (with the exception of Khali) in a match with Lesnar. With Batista coming back, they should have booked The Beast vs The Animal.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Viazon » Jan 08, '14, 5:40 pm

I suppose I don't have any problem with the match, per se. I just don't see why Mark Henry had to be squashed two weeks in a row in building up to it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to WWE