It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:53 am

I started watching wrestling again.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

I started watching wrestling again.

Postby Chewy » Feb 23, '24, 12:14 am

I got a streaming account that has WWE. Then YouTube started spying on me and put a million videos about wrestling alongside the suggested videos of doggos, gym stuff, yoga stretching and hoof GPs for some fucking reason.

So started watching from the last show I saw, WM30.

Can’t wait for shit like The Fiend, Finn Balor, AJ, Sting…. Bray is a fucking boss (RIP). As I write this Seth just beat Ambrose.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: I started watching wrestling again.

Postby Messiah » Feb 28, '24, 9:29 pm

Man good luck to you. A lot of garbage to sit through, but don't give up. The end is worth it.

I'd recommend saving yourself some trouble and jumping all the way to 2020. That is when the COVID Pandemic hit and forced them into the Thunderdome. This is when you start seeing the company finally experiment with new ideas. You'll notice a lot of wrestlers fleshing out their character around this time due to more opportunities. The booking still isn't perfect, but the foundation is there.

2021 was a solid year as we saw the fans reintroduced. But it was really after WrestleMania 38 (Night 1 is must-watch) in 2022 that the company took that next level. The Zayn/Bloodline story begins. Judgment Day begins. Tag Team wrestling becomes awesome again. Cody Rhodes returns as the biggest face in the world.

2022 and 2023 are probably the best WWE years since 2000 IMO. Quite frankly 2023 might be the best of all-time. And 2024 is shaping up to give it a run for its money.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Re: I started watching wrestling again.

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 01, '24, 12:21 pm

I don't watch it full time but have kept abreast of the on-goings in the WWE through Twitter and YouTube. I was absolutely engrossed during the Sami vs Bloodline storyline and the ultimate pay off (the crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble when Sami hit Roman with the chair) was amazing even though the main title didn't change hands.

Punk's return was a huge surprise considering his AEW run then Rock returns and I'm fully invested in that storyline as Rock vs Reigns us a match I want to see (probably next year) but really don't know how WM40 main event pans out aswell so it's a great time to be diving back into the product.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE