It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:02 pm

Your favourite finisher?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Your favourite finisher?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 30, '20, 11:31 am

Watching Undertaker's The Last Ride documentary series reminded me how much I used to love his finisher, The Tombstone Piledriver.

Never got bored of it, was fascinated by it being a reverse piledriver and he executed it perfectly. Kane took the finisher also but it was never as smooth as Taker's.

If you had to pick one, what would be your favourite finisher?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Your favourite finisher?

Postby The Legend » Nov 30, '20, 5:32 pm

So I feel like the perfect finisher needs a few elements. The first is the ability to easily build to it in big matches where you can make the anticipation for it reach a fever pitch. At other times it should be a shocking and quick hitting move that can surprise the audience. Next there has to be an element of question whether it will hit as a move or there should be some cool and inventive ways to reverse it to make it more exciting.

To me all those elements land perfectly in HBK's Sweet Chin Music. While at times late in his career Shawn made it a little cartoony with all the extra build up, at its best nothing beat it. I'd also like to give a shoutout to my favorite submission finisher, the crossface.

Some other ones worth mentioning, the Pedigree, Jacknife Powerbomb, F5 and Sharpshooter.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Dec 04, '20, 7:53 pm

Oh the Stone Cold Stunner, hands down. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of seeing him do that move. Iconic.

Rock Bottom a close second, loved the way Rock used to stand before hooking the arm, you knew shit was about to go down.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kreashko » Jan 20, '21, 12:34 pm

Growing up it was The Rock's People's Elbow but I have since grown more fond of the Stunner. That move looks badass as all hell yet doesn't hurt at all (if taken correctly).

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to WWE