It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:14 pm

Undertaker *officially* retiring?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Undertaker *officially* retiring?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 19, '20, 7:42 am

I was gutted to find that I'd missed The Undertaker Last Ride episodes on BT Sport 2 (they are showing the episodes all week at 8pm btw) and assumed it was part of the WWE/BT deal to show these special documentaries.

However it turns out it's Survivor Series this weekend and it falls on 30 years since Taker's debut at the PPV in 1990 and Taker is being billed for it as a farewell?

He's not wrestled since Mania but it seems this could, finally, officially be the end?

Looking forward to watching the Last Ride episodes as I think that has been a good move to do that series from a PR perspective.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Undertaker *officially* retiring?

Postby The Legend » Nov 22, '20, 8:36 am

Yeah, I think he's going to pretty much retire, the Boneyard Match vs AJ gave him the type of sendoff he's been wanting, so, he seems really content. It's pro wrestling, so we might see him come back in some capacity a few years down the road, but I doubt he ever has a full match again.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Nov 22, '20, 2:18 pm

The legend, the phenom, YOUR MAKER... will never truly retire. His memory will live on in this business FOREVER.

The greatest of all time... WITHOUT QUESTION!!

PC.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 27, '20, 7:04 am

Ending was neat with a hologram of Paul Bearer, although as with many events a crowd was missed.

I half expect him to be back doing a cameo as the Deadman once Vince gives him a call but hope he doesn't.

The Last Ride series shines a light on the tragedy he dealt with the day before the Mania match with Styles, and overall it showed a vulnerability that helped me fall in love for the Deadman once again, after feeling like he was ruining his legacy with the pointless matches, and putting himself in danger as with the Goldberg match in Saudi.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Postby prophet » Nov 27, '20, 10:08 am

PorkChop wrote:The legend, the phenom, YOUR MAKER... will never truly retire. His memory will live on in this business FOREVER.

The greatest of all time... WITHOUT QUESTION!!

PC.

Loooooool.

Wonder what he’s up to these days? I like to think he’s the exact same, terrorising some other wrestling forum.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kreashko » Jan 20, '21, 12:44 pm

I think he's done. He's done it all and has nothing to prove.

One of the G.O.A.T.'s for sure.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to WWE