It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:25 pm

WrestleMania moved to Performance Center

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WrestleMania moved to Performance Center

Postby The Legend » Mar 16, '20, 6:14 pm

So WWE made the announcement today that they have been told they cannot hold Mania at Raymond James Stadium. Instead WWE has decided to move the show (like all of their shows since last Wednesday) to the WWE Performance Center on a closed set with no fans and only essential personnel in attendance.

It will still take place on April 5 at 7 pm EDT, but this is going to be one weird ass WrestleMania with no one cheering or reacting at all to anything that happens. It'll be like watching them practice. Hopefully, they use the unique setting to create some interesting moments that aren't otherwise possible.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: WrestleMania moved to Performance Center

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 17, '20, 10:46 am

I caught a glimpse of Edge giving a promo on RAW and he did a good job with no audience reaction but as for Mania, it seems they're persisting for sponsorship reasons as the simple thing would be to cancel it but I think it'll be fun with no audience and just the wrestlers performing.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Mar 18, '20, 8:39 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I caught a glimpse of Edge giving a promo on RAW and he did a good job with no audience reaction but as for Mania, it seems they're persisting for sponsorship reasons as the simple thing would be to cancel it but I think it'll be fun with no audience and just the wrestlers performing.

From what I've read on the topic it has not much to do with sponsorship issues, it's due to their insurance policy on the event. They take out a policy to back the funds of Mania every year in case something like this happens, something they've paid 35 years for without much or any of a claim in the past. However, there's a clause in there that they must make a significant effort to make sure the show goes on before the insurance company will pay on the claim for cancelling the show.

WWE moving the show to the Performance Center is that honest effort, but from what I've read WWE is actually hoping Florida steps in again (now that no more than 10 people are supposed to gather in any one place in USA), and if they do that WWE really wants to hold Mania in May or June in Madison Square Garden.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Mar 23, '20, 10:44 am

This could either be really interesting or really awful imo. I'll be tuning in though.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 31, '20, 2:22 am

Is it free on BT Sport channels? Surely it will be if it's free for all? My Sky Planner is not working so can't check for myself on plans for later in the week.

And over two days as well? I think it'll be fun viewing, maybe not so much for Drew who I hear was doing well but whether he'd have beaten Brock in a full capacity arena, idk

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Apr 02, '20, 8:05 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Is it free on BT Sport channels? Surely it will be if it's free for all? My Sky Planner is not working so can't check for myself on plans for later in the week.

And over two days as well? I think it'll be fun viewing, maybe not so much for Drew who I hear was doing well but whether he'd have beaten Brock in a full capacity arena, idk

I think it does have a pretty good chance to be a fun show, if for nothing but its uniqueness. I imagine they will take some risks and do some things they wouldn't otherwise do and maybe that experimentation will lead to some fresh ideas down the road.

I think Drew was winning either way.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to WWE