It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:31 am

Goldberg vs. Undertaker?!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Goldberg vs. Undertaker?!

Postby Everlong » Jun 07, '19, 9:33 pm

I just got a notification on twitter saying Goldberg and Undertaker are fighting.

Is this... really a thing? That's happening? in 2019? and why?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Goldberg vs. Undertaker?!

Postby Ali » Jun 07, '19, 10:13 pm

Because Saudi Arabian blood money.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 07, '19, 11:16 pm

SPOILERS:

It was the worst match on the card. Goldberg almost breaks Taker's neck when he can't get him up for the Jackhammer and then Goldberg botches a Tombstone spot and it ends with a terrible chokeslam. UNdertaker looked legit pissed afterit was over.

Solid show overall though.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Jun 08, '19, 1:42 am

VaderBomb wrote:It was the worst match on the card

Sounds like you're being quite generous there. I'd consider it one of the worst matches I've ever seen WWE produce.

It was embarrassing for both wrestlers and the brand. Neither man should compete again.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Messiah » Jun 08, '19, 1:43 am

Here are some of the clips of the botches:

https://thebiglead.com/2019/06/07/goldb ... own-botch/

I feel bad, but at the same time, who thought this would be a good idea?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Jun 08, '19, 6:34 pm

Why would anyone watch this show?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 08, '19, 10:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:Why would anyone watch this show?

It honestly was pretty good overall. Nowhere near NJPW or TakeOver level but I thought the whole show was going to be a drag. It was essentially a glorified house show where a few big things took place like Lesnar attempting his cash in on Rollins and failing.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jun 09, '19, 10:45 am

I don't like WWE in general, but their Saudi Arabian shows seem the bottom of the barrel for me. Both out of principle, and based on the cards themselves. Big clusterfucks and has-beens facing off? No thanks.

WWE battle royales always suck, I can't imagine doubling the body count is going to make them better. Goldberg vs Undertaker looks sad on paper; should we really be surprised that the match fell apart? The same thing happened at the last Saudi Arabian show when Degenerating X faced the Brothers of Decrepitude. I heard Triple H vs Randy Orton was long and excruciatingly dull, which is exactly the match I would have expected from those two. And those were probably the big three matches, right?

Baron Corbin in a title match? Brock failing to cash in again after promising he would. The company's new monster lost his first match against a bunch of job guys? Not seeing a lot of redeeming factors in there. On paper the show looks awful. Most of the reviews of it I've seen have confirmed that suspicion.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 09, '19, 7:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:I don't like WWE in general, but their Saudi Arabian shows seem the bottom of the barrel for me. Both out of principle, and based on the cards themselves. Big clusterfucks and has-beens facing off? No thanks.

WWE battle royales always suck, I can't imagine doubling the body count is going to make them better. Goldberg vs Undertaker looks sad on paper; should we really be surprised that the match fell apart? The same thing happened at the last Saudi Arabian show when Degenerating X faced the Brothers of Decrepitude. I heard Triple H vs Randy Orton was long and excruciatingly dull, which is exactly the match I would have expected from those two. And those were probably the big three matches, right?

Baron Corbin in a title match? Brock failing to cash in again after promising he would. The company's new monster lost his first match against a bunch of job guys? Not seeing a lot of redeeming factors in there. On paper the show looks awful. Most of the reviews of it I've seen have confirmed that suspicion.

I would never have given them money if it was on PPV for moral reasons, but I'm already paying for the network and had nothing else to watch. The battle royal was extremely contrived. Pretty much all of the tag team guys got eliminated right after one another, I can't stand when they do that. Triple H again had the longest fucking match on the card. I dislike Corbin but this was his best showing so far, but he was in the ring with Rollins, who aside from Corbin's character work carried the match. I really liked the segment where Brock failed to cash in. Balor vs Andrade was pretty good as was Kofi vs Ziggler.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 14, '19, 3:40 am

To think Undertaker, in 2002, talked about not wanting to be the guy in the ring and the audience saying he should have retired a long time ago. But sadly, for whatever reason (probably money, and Vince's refusal to put his sentimentality aside) he's carried way, way beyond what he should have done.

Goldberg had accomplished his goals when he returned last time, which clearly showed age had caught up with him but he still ended on a WrestleMania card but still felt the need (money, again) to come back and be involved in that match.

I'm just glad I watched wrestling when I did, and saw both men at a time when they were in good shape and could keep you captivated.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE