It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:25 pm

Sami Zayn is a GOAT-level heel

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Sami Zayn is a GOAT-level heel

Postby Messiah » Apr 16, '19, 9:46 am

Goodness he's so good as a douchebag heel lol I hope he's moved to SmackDown. With Styles gone, I think he could easily get into the World Title picture there or at least have a heavy role on the show.

Plus, heel Bryan and heel Zayn on the same show? I'd honest to God watch every freakin' week.

Also "See you in hell" is the best phrase in wrestling right now

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Sami Zayn is a GOAT-level heel

Postby Hanley! » Apr 16, '19, 10:46 am

He's a great performer, but I just don't understand what they're doing with him. WWE has had a babyface problem for years. You can count the amount of naturally likable performers they have on one hand. Sami is one of those people, as you can see from the reaction he got here (being in Canada helped). Why force heel status on him? He could be much bigger for them as a babyface.

They've done the same thing with Daniel Bryan and they tried to do the same thing with Becky Lynch. If someone has a natural connection with the crowd, just go with it. So little of what the company offers comes across as organic. Wouldn't it be nice if their actual top faces were getting the sort of reaction that Sami was at the start of this segment?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Ali » Apr 18, '19, 7:57 am

This bugs me on a deeper level than normal heel heat. So Sami hates that WWE is a toxic environment in his words, and the fans are just Monday morning quarterbacks who just sit on their fat butts and criticize the wrestlers.

Ok, then just... leave?

I mean, if you hate the WWE, the fans, the whole shebang... why are you here, dancing around like a complete idiot and giving your all in great matches? For what? To prove how good you are? Contract reasons?

I remember reading Mick Foley's book, and in it, he talked about being a heel in ECW. At first he cut really intense promos against the fans and continued to brutalize opponents in that Cactus Jack way... but the fans still cheered him because he was really good. So he started being the antithesis of all things ECW, cutting really lame and milquetoast family man promos and doing nothing but headlocks, and the fans hated him for it.

I think Sami should start doing something like that, just be as deliberately boring as possible. Like, "You all know how good I am, but since I hate all of you I'm going to just do very basic but effective moves to punish you." That's really the only way to make this character make sense, to just have him go through the motions and explicitly state that until things change, he gets fired, or his contract expires, this is all they get.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 23, '19, 2:20 pm

He had an even better heel segment on Raw this week. Zayn is killing it.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE