It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:07 pm

WrestleMania 35 Discussion & Thoughts!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: WrestleMania 35 Discussion & Thoughts!

Postby Hanley! » Apr 07, '19, 6:27 pm

Carmella won the battle royal? Fucking hell. There's your women's revolution.

They don't deserve Asuka.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 6:47 pm

Shane McMahon vs The Miz in a Falls Count Anywhere match

How many more WrestleMania matches will Shane McMahon have? He's not very good.

McMahon is a good heel though, gotta admit. Him making the ring announcer keep announcing him as the best in the world and grabbing Miz's dad were great heel acts. I can't even pretend like I care in the slightest about this match though. Like I like The Miz... but I just don't care. First match of the night where I'd rather just skip over this.

McMahon tries to elbow drop Miz through the table but Miz's dad steps in the way. Miz's dad is a dreadful actor. Miz beating the crap out of McMahon with the chair. LMAO Miz just hit Shane with something and he flew. Miz kicks out of a skull crashing finale in the audience. This match is really boring. Miz suplexes Shane OFF SOME THING AND THEY GO THROUGH SOME THING. BUT MCMAHON IS ON TOP OF MIZ SO REF COUNTS AND HE WINS.

Yeah that match was terrible.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:07 pm

Women's Tag Team Title match

Tamina and Jax may be the most shit tag team ever. Is there any other tag team in history that equals their amount of shit? Bret Hart shows up to support Natayla and Phoenix, which makes me think them losing would be a long-shot. Only thing that would make Natayla/Phoenix winning would be a positive is if Banks turned on Bayley immediately after.

This match is just happening so far. Cool tag team move from Banks that transitions into the Bank Statement. Natayla puts a double sharpshooter on Bayley/Banks, which is a nice spot. Frog splash by Banks and Phoenix kicks out. The crowd is flat for this match too, first time tonight they seem completely out of it. It hurts that NONE of these teams have any chemistry whatsoever as tag teams and its made even worse by the fact it is a 4 way tag team match. The SmackDown teams could make it work because they were all amazing performers, but Banks is the only one in this match I would consider great in the ring. Bayley is solid and Nattie is inconsistent, and Beth is a botch machine.

GLAM SLAM OFF THE TOP ROPE, but the Ilonics stop the cover. And the Illonics... win the match? Okay.

It wasn't a bad and it was a shocking result, but eh. About what I expected quality wise. Very flat.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:10 pm

So far we have 2 good matches (SmackDown tag titles and Orton/Styles), 1 good match but didn't fit the overall story (Rollins/Lesnar), and 2 meh to bad matches (Miz/Shane and Women's tag titles). Nothing so far (yet) that has me craving to want to come back to this WrestleMania though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:13 pm

Dude, if Kofi loses this match, I think I'm going to turn off the show. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Apr 07, '19, 7:14 pm

I thought Miz vs Shane was a shit show in the best way, enjoyed it.

Also Kofi March about to start if he doesn’t win I’m turning it off.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Apr 07, '19, 7:20 pm

As someone who hasn't seen any wrestling since last Wrestlemania, I've enjoyed the show well enough so far though we haven't seen any particularly impressive performances so far. I thought the bit with the SNL guys in the Battle Royal was fun. The opening match was mercifully short--Brock hasn't put on a good extended match in ages, so I'm glad dthye got it out of the way early rather than have this be a disappointing match later in the card.

Orton/Styles was just ok given both men's caliber of performing. The tag championship was fun -- was completely unfamiliar with Ricochet and Black and like what I see out of them. Miz/Shane was about what you'd expect -- the final spot was fun, most of the rest of the match was jus tMiz wailing on Shane.

Didn't see the women's match as I was heading home, tuned in just in time to catch the start of Kofi/Bryan. Hoping to see the first special match of the evening here.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Apr 07, '19, 7:44 pm

Can't believe Kofi actually won!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:45 pm

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE KOFI KINGSTON? LETS GO!

In all seriousness, I can't remember the last time I was this emotionally invested in a match. And for 1,000 reasons. God please Kofi win... I need this. Big E has a gift for Kofi in case he wins. Crowd is HYPE for Kofi. He deserves this.

DANIEL BRYAN's entrance and he's getting booed. Who could imagine we would be at the point people want Bryan to lose at WrestleMania in a WWE Championship match? Marvelous.

Sometime's I forget how good Bryan is in the ring. Great exchange to start the match. AND KINGSTON FLIES OUTSIDE OF THE RING! The whole SmackDown locker-room is supporting Kofi, nice shot. LMAO @ Bryan saying "WOAH" as he submissions the hell out of Kofi. OMG Kofi jumped off the turnbuckle and Bryan moved out the way and Kofi got destroyed by the announce table.

KOFI dodges Bryan's corner dropkicks but Bryan counter his counter into a boston crab, sick! Bryan's body gets red so easily. Bryan is A+ tonight. COME ON KOFI. Kofi is eating Bryan's kicks. KOFI IS SETTING BRYAN UP! OH NO BRYAN RUNNING KNEE!! KINGSTON KICKS OUT YES YES YES YES YES. Bryan proceeds to stomp Kofi's face in. The LeBell Lock for the 3rd time! :(

HE'S STILL GOT FIGHT IN HIM! Kofi returns the treatment, STOMPS BRYAN'S FACE IN! TROUBLE IN PARADISE OMG COME ON KOFI WINS KOFI WINS KOFI WINS KOFI WINS KOFI WINS KOFI WINS

YES YES YES YE OEMDFM
GDKGHS[ADGH[AS'FSAKGNASKD
;glefas

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:46 pm

OMG THE FEELS YES YES FUCK THIS IS FUCKING THE BEST

KOFI FUCKING KINGSTON. THANK YOU WWE.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Apr 07, '19, 7:52 pm

That was awesome. What a match. Bryan is great, like truly great.

Tremendous result, I had the feels throughout that match.

Right they better complete the hat trick and have Becky win now otherwise everything is horse shit.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:53 pm

BOOKER T ON COMMENTARY NOW I NEEDED THIS MOMENT

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 7:58 pm

SAMOA JOE VS REY MYSTERIO, WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIPPPPP

Who deserves a WrestleMania match more than Samoa Joe? Fucking nobody.

Joe looks angry. He's about to kick some Mysterio ass. JOE KICKS Mysterio to start the match, a savage.

OMG JOE SQUASHES MYSTERIO YES.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 07, '19, 7:58 pm

I was actually looking forward to seein ga good match between Rey and Joe... :(

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 8:05 pm

Everlong wrote:I was actually looking forward to seein ga good match between Rey and Joe... :(

Mysterio is hurt I think, he was questionable to wrestle and was just cleared yesterday I think. So I kind of understand why they did it, I imagine they will have a rematch a month or so from now. But yeah I agree, I was disappointed. It could have been a great match. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 8:20 pm

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

Reigns won. Who cares?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 8:29 pm

THUGANOMICS

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 07, '19, 8:31 pm

Hah, what the hell is this Cena stuff?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Apr 07, '19, 9:14 pm

Jesus fucking christ, that HHH/Batista match was so fucking long and dreadfully boring. Why does HHH always have to take up 40+ minutes of wrestlemania between his ridiculous entrances and long ass drawn out matches?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Apr 08, '19, 12:12 am

BATISTA VS TRIPLE H

BASKETBALLS DONT PUNCH BACK BUT BATISTAS DO

And at this point, this is when I stopped caring about the show. I mean who the fuck cares about Triple H? Honestly? He won the match and that was that.

Balor/Lashley sucked. Angle/Borin sucked. The ending of Rousey/Charlotte/Lynch was a joke. Lynch won, which is good I suppose, but did they really have to end it like that where Lynch won questionably? Come on now. What a terrible, flat, anti-climatic end to Mania.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to WWE