It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:09 pm

Prediction for the future of the Cruiserweight Championship

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Prediction for the future of the Cruiserweight Championship

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 12:31 pm

Murphy retains against Tony Nese tonight but will eventually drop the title to KUSHIDA. It could be a minor break out moment for him with fans who aren't familiar with his work in NJPW.

He will probably debut on NXT bt I can see them moving him to 205 this summer. I just don't see them booking him to win either of the top titles on NXT. 205 just seems more likely as far as his first success goes in WWE. I might be totally wrong in this prediction but his presence on 205 would elevate the show a bit. I'd love to watch it weekly but sometimes there is so much weekly content that I skip it and just read the results.

If KUSHIDA was on there I'd be more inclined to tune in. Despite him not being one of my absolute favorite wrestlers in NJPW over the past few years, it'll be exciting to see him make the move and wrestle some fresh faces.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Prediction for the future of the Cruiserweight Championship

Postby Hanley! » Apr 07, '19, 1:33 pm

I reckon you're probably right, but I don't think that it's going to do much for KUSHIDA. It doesn't matter how good you are on 205 live, the show just isn't important and is going to struggle to generate any buzz as the 4th WWE brand. KUSHIDA would be a great champion for that brand, but sticking him there would be a terrible waste of his talent too.

I don't see what purpose 205 Live serves at this point. Move the cruiserweight title to Raw and let the division have matches there.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 3:46 pm

Hanley! wrote:I reckon you're probably right, but I don't think that it's going to do much for KUSHIDA. It doesn't matter how good you are on 205 live, the show just isn't important and is going to struggle to generate any buzz as the 4th WWE brand. KUSHIDA would be a great champion for that brand, but sticking him there would be a terrible waste of his talent too.

I don't see what purpose 205 Live serves at this point. Move the cruiserweight title to Raw and let the division have matches there.

100% agreed

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 4:15 pm

Shit, I was wrong about this finish as well. I still think KUSHIDA will beat either Nese or another champ for the strap this summer.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Apr 08, '19, 7:42 am

My prediction for the future of the cruiserweight championship is that a year from now it won't exist.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE