It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:08 am

Next NXT Champion

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Next NXT Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 08, '19, 1:58 pm

Sadly, Tommaso Ciampa is out for awhile due to a neck injury. This is really bad timing because the third act of his program with Gargano was just starting up.I'm a big fan of his and I wish him a solid recovery and he's clearly going to vacate the title.

Who wins the soon to be vacant championship in your opinion? My guess would probably be Adam Cole.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Next NXT Champion

Postby Hanley! » Mar 08, '19, 2:37 pm

Sucks for Ciampa. I hope he recovers well. He's one of the best characters they have these days.

It kinda leaves Gargano at a loose end too. Does he drift up to the main roster where he'll probably be just another misused guy like everyone else? Or stay in NXT and finally win the NXT title, but not from Ciampa thereby missing out on the conclusion of the brand's most ambitious story? Or stay in NXT and lose his shot at the title yet again, cementing himself as a failure.

Adam Cole is probably the best option for champion right now. I'd belt Cole, bring Gargano up to Smackdown and do something with him there. I would like to see a singles match between the two at Takeover though. I've seen people advocate for a multi-man ladder match for the vacated title in the main event, and I hate the idea. Not sure why. Takeovers to me have always been at their best when they're founded on strong singles and tag matches. I'm not interested in a spot-fest main event.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Mar 18, '19, 5:35 pm

I’d go Cole as well. Black, Ricochet and Gargano have done pretty much all they can - sucks that Gargano won’t get the big title win as payoff for all this build but he’ll do fine on the main roster.

Cole is ready to lead NXT, it’s time.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Mar 19, '19, 5:43 am

I'm not usually a fan of this approach, but NXT is different than WWE and I think this circumstance would be OK to call for it. I'd actually have Gargano win 2-1 to be able to go off into the sunset as having won the NXT title. The story would feel incomplete without it. He could then drop it to Cole on the next NXT or he could vacate the belt to move up to the main roster.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 19, '19, 11:53 am

Gargano vs Cole wouldn't get any complaints from me.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 22, '19, 10:20 am

So it's official, Gargano vs Cole for the vacant title. It sucks to hear that Ciampa will be out for a year.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE