It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 6:32 am

Multiple wrstlers released from WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Multiple wrstlers released from WWE

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 22, '19, 2:16 pm

Hideo Itami, TJP and Tye Dillinger have all been released. Also, Arn Anderson has left the company.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Multiple wrstlers released from WWE

Postby Hanley! » Feb 22, '19, 2:29 pm

Might be an unpopular opinion, but that is a veritable who's who of wrestlers that AEW should not hire.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Feb 22, '19, 3:48 pm

Hanley! wrote:Might be an unpopular opinion, but that is a veritable who's who of wrestlers that AEW should not hire.

Hideo might be the lone exception. He was awful in WWE, but he also was great in NJPW as KENTA, I think if given the right opportunity he could at least land somewhere in the middle for AEW.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Feb 22, '19, 4:41 pm

The Legend wrote:Hideo might be the lone exception. He was awful in WWE, but he also was great in NJPW as KENTA, I think if given the right opportunity he could at least land somewhere in the middle for AEW.

KENTA wrestled for NOAH, not New Japan, though I totally take your point.

His star power is way down from where it was when he first signed with WWE though, and his body obviously isn't holding up as well as he'd like. If they could somehow get him back to where he was as KENTA then great, but there's a good chance that he's just not at that level anymore. And given AEW has been snapping up a lot of the hot acts of the moment, along with some potential future stars, I'm not sure that "the Artist Formerly Known as KENTA" is a great fit for them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 22, '19, 10:45 pm

I knew Tye asked for his release. And TJP leaving isnt a shock, but I thought Hideo left like a month ago?

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '19, 5:56 am

The story got out a while back, but it seems like he's only being officially released now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Feb 23, '19, 9:19 am

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:Hideo might be the lone exception. He was awful in WWE, but he also was great in NJPW as KENTA, I think if given the right opportunity he could at least land somewhere in the middle for AEW.

KENTA wrestled for NOAH, not New Japan, though I totally take your point.

His star power is way down from where it was when he first signed with WWE though, and his body obviously isn't holding up as well as he'd like. If they could somehow get him back to where he was as KENTA then great, but there's a good chance that he's just not at that level anymore. And given AEW has been snapping up a lot of the hot acts of the moment, along with some potential future stars, I'm not sure that "the Artist Formerly Known as KENTA" is a great fit for them.

You're right about NOAH, just got them mixed up. It's also true that through injuries and what not he might never get back to the KENTA level. He may also opt to go back to Japan instead of AEW as well.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 23, '19, 11:37 pm

I would be very surprised if KENTA doesn't return to Japan. Dillinger may go to AEW, I know that he and Cody are great friends and went through OVW together.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Feb 24, '19, 2:03 pm

Dave Meltzer did report that Itami was granted his release because he agreed that he was going back to Japan and would not be wrestling for one of their US competitors. Now that Dillinger and Perkins have been granted their releases too, maybe that's not the reason that Itami was also released. But in fairness, he is the only one of the three that's ever been a draw anywhere.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to WWE