It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:14 pm

What are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey?

Postby PorkChop » Feb 02, '19, 4:06 pm

I should preface this by saying I barely watch WWE these days, however as an MMA fan I've been curious as to how she's been getting along.

I'm not sure whether this is just the limited amount of tape I've seen on her, but there's times where she looks quite dangerous in the ring. She seems to drop her opponents on their heads at least once per match, and often throws her opponents around quite awkwardly.

She's also quite a bad actress, though this was known before she joined WWE. Her mic skills seem to be okay from what I've seen but she seems painfully self-conscious at all times and never seems to know what to do with her limbs when cutting a promo.

I haven't seen many posts about her on here, so basically, am I right/wrong?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: What are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey?

Postby The Legend » Feb 02, '19, 4:44 pm

PorkChop wrote:I should preface this by saying I barely watch WWE these days, however as an MMA fan I've been curious as to how she's been getting along.

I'm not sure whether this is just the limited amount of tape I've seen on her, but there's times where she looks quite dangerous in the ring. She seems to drop her opponents on their heads at least once per match, and often throws her opponents around quite awkwardly.

She's also quite a bad actress, though this was known before she joined WWE. Her mic skills seem to be okay from what I've seen but she seems painfully self-conscious at all times and never seems to know what to do with her limbs when cutting a promo.

I haven't seen many posts about her on here, so basically, am I right/wrong?

As far as her wrestling skills go, she mostly has impressed me with what she does in the ring. She has gotten a lot better and consistently progresses. Now, her finishing move is awkward as hell and probably goes a long way to what you see looking like she drops people on their head. Although, it's an odd testament to her that she doesn't kill somebody with that move every time.

When it comes to her acting/promos. When she gets to play her angry/baddest bitch on the planet character, she does a good enough job and can draw me into her story. When she has to show any type of emotional range it goes very badly, very quickly.

So interestingly, in a lot of ways I'd say you are both right and wrong.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Re: What are your thoughts on Ronda Rousey?

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 03, '19, 10:07 am

She has a unique style, almost sloppy and dangerous looking at times but she has yet to injure an opponent. So far so good, I guess. I like watching her wrestle but she needs to work on her promo skills a bit.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE