It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:21 am

Booking Mania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Booking Mania

Postby The Legend » Jan 16, '19, 1:48 pm

Now that we are a couple weeks out from the Rumble and on the "Road to WrestleMania" (TM), I thought it'd be fun to see where people thought we might be going with Mania this year. Below is my guess:

Universal Championship Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Braun Strowman

I commend WWE for making the decision to not feed Strowman back to Lesnar in another meaningless match that everyone knows he won’t win. I also liked the way they went about it by again showing Braun as somewhat uncontrollable and being a guy that’s unpredictable and adds elements of excitement to the show in that fashion.

As such, I’d love to see Braun take out Baron Corbin and steal his spot in the Rumble and go on to win and get the main event spot against Lesnar. At that point, Lesnar will have had his fight in UFC, so keeping the belt on him won’t be necessary, there’s also rumors circulating that he’ll retire from UFC and will possibly be taking a bigger step away from WWE too. Braun is the natural to take the belt and run with it for a while.

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs John Cena

There’s a couple different ways WWE could go with the SD main event scene. I saw a thought that they might get Shawn to wrestle in a mentor vs pupil type of match. I just don’t really see it. As such I see the John Cena going for his 17th world championship against a guy with a real personal history that WWE can draw upon and build a more compelling feud. I think Cena will wind up winning, but I’d put it on the undercard with Lesnar/Strowman as the main event.

US Championship
Rusev (c) vs EC3 vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Mustafa Ali

This match would be more about giving a full introduction of EC3 to the WWE audience. I’d have him win the match in a hectic showcase of a lot of talent. Having EC3 winning as a heel by stealing a victory from Mustafa Ali would also give him a natural first feud for his first title defense.

IC Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Apollo Crews

Lashley winning the IC belt from Ambrose was an interesting choice at this stage of things, but now they’ve got to run with it. Put him in a match with a returning Sami Zayn, switching the roles they’ve previously been in before Zayn was put on the shelf. Crews can work his way into this match be getting a win against Lashley and Zayn in separate matches. Zayn wins the belt and goes onto a run.

RAW Women’s Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

I see the women’s rumble ending with Becky and Charlotte hitting the floor at the same time and both going on to face Rousey for the RAW belt. Once in the match, the WWE have to give the audience what probably amounts to the decision they want the most with Becky winning the belt and continuing her fantastic run.

SD Women’s Championship
Asuka (c) vs Nikki Cross

On the other side of the card Nikki Cross manages to win a #1 contenders match at Fastlane and takes on Asuka. Cross wins with the help of Sanity as they begin to show what this faction can really do. Tag and midcard belts can be won at a later date.

Women’s Tag Championship
Bayley/Sasha (c) vs Mandy Rose/Sonya DeVille vs Riott Squad

It was announced on RAW that these titles will debut with an Elimination Chamber match and teams from RAW and SD can compete for them. It only makes sense for Bayley and Sasha to be the first winners of these belts. Bayley and Sasha win the belts when Naomi distracts Mandy Rose.

Cruiserweight Open Challenge
Buddy Murphy (c) vs Drew Gulak vs Kalisto vs Lince Dorado vs Sin Cara vs Noam Dar

Kalisto wins the belt for Lucha House Party after a great up tempo showcase of the cruiserweights.

Grudge Match
The Miz vs Shane McMahon

So, I feel like this one is a natural. Shane and Miz will unsuccessfully make a run at the tag belts, leading to a feud between the two at Mania. Miz gets the win.

Grudge Match
Rey Mysterio vs Samoa Joe

Joe continues his run through the list of WWE heroes and assaults Mysterio for weeks before Rey actually gets the surprise roll up win to continue this feud into the next PPV.

Debut Match
Lars Sullivan vs Finn Balor

Sullivan seems to be getting the big push out of the debut guys and therefore will likely get a singles match. Balor would be a good competitor for him, can get some good offense in and also do a good job of selling the big man’s offense. Sullivan gets the win in a brutal fight.

Street Fight
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

This feud doesn’t feel like it’s really reached its true conclusion yet and it needs a good finish. After Ambrose costs Rollins in the Rumble and then Rollins costs Ambrose the Elimination Chamber match they fight backstage at Fastlane before this brawl at Mania with Rollins coming out on top.

Interbrand Match
AJ Styles vs Drew McIntyre

I’d have the WWE do something a little different and announce a match with implications on a new draft/roster shakeup. Each brand gets to name someone to represent and the winner gets the first pick for their show. Vince has shown interest in both of these guys on camera and they make sense as the combatants for this fight. It would also give both a good showcase at Mania.

Championship Opportunity Gauntlet Match

I’d have the next #1 contender determined by a gauntlet match with other guys that haven’t been included in the card yet. Elias picks up the win and faces Strowman at the next PPV.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Booking Mania

Postby Hanley! » Jan 17, '19, 3:33 pm

I try not to guess what they're going to do at major shows anymore, because with every prediction I hate myself a little more, and what they actually do still ends up being far worse. Fantasy booking is fun, guessing what a crazy moron is going to book is just depressing.

I could see some of your matches happening. I do think the women's match is going to get the main event though, and it seems like it actually should. It felt like they were going to put the women on last this year anyway, due to Ronda being involved and to pander to the crowd about their female empowerment angle. But as it turns out the most over person in the company is a woman right now anyway, so they would be main eventing on merit. There's never been a better time to do it. Charlotte shouldn't be involved, but I agree with you that she will be.

Lesnar vs Strowman sounds awful by now, but it very well could happen. The Seth vs Dean feud was dying 5 months before Wrestlemania, so it would be very dumb to keep it going until then, but stranger things have happened. Miz vs Shane is a match that sounds frighteningly plausible.

Imagine Miz vs Shane is a match that could very well be booked on purpose for the biggest wrestling show of the year. This industry is fucked up.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Booking Mania

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '19, 2:21 pm

Usually we have a good idea what the majority of the Wrestlemania card is going to look like but this year I don't even think they have a clue what they're going to do.

I think the safest bet is the Ronda/Charlotte/Lynch triple threat. That's a bonafide main event - it doesn't feel forced because they're women, it feels right. I'd be happier with Rousey and Becky having a singles match but given this is a once in a lifetime moment of history I can see why they'd want Charlotte in there. Lynch can win the title to close out the show (which is what the fans want) and Charlotte can take the loss to protect Ronda (which is what they want)

Initially when I thought about putting a card together (I'm not going to bother doing that, I had a think and ended up leaving far too many people off the card so I gave up trying to force it for the sake of it) I had Lesnar defending the title against Rollins and a grudge match between McIntyre and Strowman - I'd honestly go with a Fatal 4 Way featuring all four of them. It's a genuinely unpredictable match and everyone benefits from being in a high profile match like this. If you go with Brock vs Seth then that's fine but you're cooling off Braun and Drew as a result...I don't think Braun can survive another cooling off period.

The WWE Title is even tougher to predict. If I was in charge I'd have had Miz be the one to dethrone AJ, had Bryan finally get that Rumble win he deserved years ago and pull the trigger on Miz/Bryan for the belt...that's a little tricker to pull off now. I dunno, after AJ I don't even think they have any credible faces for Bryan to face...fuck it let Aleister Black debut at 'Mania and let these two kick each other to death.

Look out for the following to happen without me going into too much detail:

- Sasha and Bayley to face either Lita and Trish or Alexa and Nia for the Women's Tag Belts

- AJ Styles and Randy Orton to have a Singles Match because Randy usually gets to pick who he works with and he'll pick AJ because he knows they'll be able to have a solid match

- Elias to have a concert where The Rock interrupts, buries him and shamelessly plugs his new movie

- Shane and Miz to have a match. Lol.

- I doubt they'll do this but I'd dig a 'Mask vs Hair' match to open the show with Rey and Andrade going at it again. I've watched both of their matches from recent Smackdown's and they have incredible chemistry. Andrade doesn't even need the win but a high profile show opener against a living legend would do wonders. He can lose after a barn-burner then get his heat back straight after by beating Mysterio down. Give me that.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE