It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:30 am

Huge debut at NXT TakeOver: Blackpool (Spoilers)

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Huge debut at NXT TakeOver: Blackpool (Spoilers)

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 13, '19, 9:53 am

WALTER debuted after the main event and stood face to face with Pete Dunne!

Almost guaranteed he will be the one to end Dune's reign.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Huge debut at NXT TakeOver: Blackpool (Spoilers)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 15, '19, 5:18 pm

WALTER vs Dunne should be a great match. He'll be a real player in NXT UK if the brand picks up some steam.

I'm a little disappointed to see him in WWE, because he's so good in the indies, but at least he's still staying in Europe. For the time being there doesn't appear to be any conflict for the WWE UK guys continuing to work OTT, which is good because WALTER is the champion right now. And his matches against Ospreay and Devlin were out of this world. We're seeing WALTER vs PAC live next month too. My guess at the moment is that he's going to drop the belt back to Devlin in April or May.

It would be cool to see that feud acknowledged in some way on NXT UK television, but I doubt they'd do that. Particularly as Devlin seems to be working heel over there.

Does anyone watch NXT UK regularly? How do ye find it?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Huge debut at NXT TakeOver: Blackpool (Spoilers)

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '19, 2:41 pm

I watched UK Takeover and loved it. Moustache Mountain are my favorite team and the opening tag match was MOTN - weirdly happy they lost because they're better suited to chasing the gold and Zack Gibson is a cocky prick who needed the win.

Balor being the surprise reveal was great and the pop was insane. I saw one or two people a little bummed out that Travis Banks didn't get to compete but HHH put him over in an interview after commending his professionalism and that he understood what's best for business (lol) - Banks/Devlin was a dead feud anyways.

Delighted that Toni Storm won just because she'd gone through a lot of disgusting personal shit the week before and it made me happy seeing her get that moment. Rhea Rhipley should legit move to US NXT she's insanely talented.

Pete Dunne is the best wrestler in the world right now and his match with Joe Coffey was insane. The top rope spot that they botched twice let them down a bit though and I wasn't crazy about the finish. Love the amount of time they got though. WALTER debuting at the end was fucking cool: I kind of expected it but it didn't lessen the moment. Fully expect Dunne to finally drop the belt to WALTER around 'Mania time then move to the US permanently.

I've been watching the weekly NXT UK shows and they're just kind of...meh. The problem they have at the minute is none of the stories feel organic and the acting is very wooden. I hate saying 'acting' but I dunno how else to word it? If anyone else has been watching I'm sure you'll agree...it's just not believable enough for me to buy into it as a weekly product and the utter lack of promotion in the UK is going to hinder it's growth. If you're going to try sell a weekly UK wrestling show you need to market it, particularly if it's only available on the bastard network.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE