It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:52 pm

Huge SmackDown Spoilers for the WWE Championship

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Huge SmackDown Spoilers for the WWE Championship

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 14, '18, 6:20 am

Holy shit! Bryan is the new WWE Champion! :O

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Huge SmackDown Spoilers for the WWE Championship

Postby The Legend » Nov 14, '18, 11:15 am

He also went full blown heel.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Nov 14, '18, 2:14 pm

This has me intrigued. Raw, even if it was good, is too much for me to watch at 3 hours but I might tune into SmackDown. I love Styles, but his reign was kind of a bore and we all know how good heel Bryan is. Bryan had gotten stale as hell and having Styles be his rival will ensure fans boo Bryan (as they did on SmackDown). And really, Styles didn't need to lose to Lesnar anyway.

It makes me wonder... what is the plan for Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam? I'm not saying it will happen.... but is it possible they are going with Styles vs Lesnar for the main event of WrestleMania? Think about it. Styles is unlikely to win the title back from Bryan between now and the Rumble. Strowman isn't main eventing WrestleMania, lets be real - he isn't a big enough of a star and really if they wanted him to have the title, I think they would have done it at Crown Jewel. Styles winning the Royal Rumble and beating Brock Lesnar for the title would be a great moment, IMO. I reckon Styles is going to move to Raw anyway with Reigns gone.

There isn't any other challenger that would make sense. Ambrose and Rollins will probably have their feud culminate at WrestleMania, if the company plays it smart. Bryan is the WWE Champion and will be for awhile, I'd imagine.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Nov 14, '18, 2:46 pm

Messiah wrote:This has me intrigued. Raw, even if it was good, is too much for me to watch at 3 hours but I might tune into SmackDown. I love Styles, but his reign was kind of a bore and we all know how good heel Bryan is. Bryan had gotten stale as hell and having Styles be his rival will ensure fans boo Bryan (as they did on SmackDown). And really, Styles didn't need to lose to Lesnar anyway.

It makes me wonder... what is the plan for Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam? I'm not saying it will happen.... but is it possible they are going with Styles vs Lesnar for the main event of WrestleMania? Think about it. Styles is unlikely to win the title back from Bryan between now and the Rumble. Strowman isn't main eventing WrestleMania, lets be real - he isn't a big enough of a star and really if they wanted him to have the title, I think they would have done it at Crown Jewel. Styles winning the Royal Rumble and beating Brock Lesnar for the title would be a great moment, IMO. I reckon Styles is going to move to Raw anyway with Reigns gone.

There isn't any other challenger that would make sense. Ambrose and Rollins will probably have their feud culminate at WrestleMania, if the company plays it smart. Bryan is the WWE Champion and will be for awhile, I'd imagine.

Not sure I agree with this, much as I'd love to see Styles vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania (though if Lesnar is going to be part-time, I still disagree with him holding the championship; it was novel for a while but now it's just harmful). I'm not sure they quite see Styles as a Wrestlemania main event performer. Particularly because if they're going to give that spot to someone new, they'll probably want to give it to their next big thing, and at 40 Styles won't be the first choice for that spot.

If Rollins vs Ambrose lasts until Wrestlemania people are going to be sick to death of it. They've kicked the feud off far too soon. So it could be Rollins in the main event. And it could be Strowman, though he's lost often enough already that I feel like they've probably missed their best opportunity with him by now. I have a feeling it's likely to be McIntyre though. They're high on him, he's big, he's muscular, he's relatively unencumbered by shitty booking in his recent past because he hasn't been around. Seems like the kind of guy they'd go with.

Styles is maybe more likely to face Bryan at Wrestlemania for the other world championship. I'd be happy enough with that to be honest. Particularly if it meant that Styles won the Royal Rumble. It'd be cool for him to win that accolade before the end of his career.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 14, '18, 9:57 pm

Great. So after spending one year destroying Joe and Nakamura, Style's dominant reign is ended out of nowhere to Daniel Bryan with barely any build on the Smackdown before Survivor Series. And one of the few true babyfaces they had that could pop the crowd at any time is now a heel, because he had lost some steam for a month or two and just turning him heel was apparently a more logical solution than actually putting in some effort into his storylines. Now Bryan's potential journey to regain the championship on the road to Wrestlemania is scrapped, any Miz vs Bryan blowoff is scrapped, and AJ vs Brock at Survivor Series is scrapped. Which means it will now be Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar in a heel vs heel match that has absolutely zero build up and is guaranteed to be won by Brock.

Should I be excited about this? Because I find it hard, to be honest. It's possible this could be all be worth it and pay off in the future if played right, but given their track record I doubt it.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE