It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:51 am

Braun Strowman is a heel now and will challenge Reigns for the title

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Braun Strowman is a heel now and will challenge Reigns for the title

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 14, '18, 9:27 pm

Even though I've said many times before that "they are doing X with Braun now and will squander his momentum", somehow it never happened. He always managed to stay really over with the crowd no matter what he did - after losing his undefeated streak way back, after having his first feud with Roman reach no conclusion, after losing to one Brock F5, etc. And to WWE's credit, they have stayed on him consistently and kept giving him cool monster moments that get him big pops. I thought they did the right thing by turning him babyface earlier this year.

But now he's back to being heel, presumably because Roman needs a big opponent, and aligned himself with Zigler, Mcintyre, and Kevin Owens, the very guy he was destroying a month ago (what?). It seemed like a forgone conclusion that Braun Strowman was well on his way to becoming one of their biggest babyface stars. Now they've pulled the plug on that one, and once again I gotta ask if this is the thing that derails Braun's momentum and we end up writing it off as another WWE fuckup.

It's weird because his push has been more or less consistent as fuck for a long time; they have given him big wins like the Greatest Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank, and it has actually clicked with fans and they haven't turned on him. And yet at the same time not even he has been able to break through the "Roman/Lesnar ceiling" and become a true top guy. It will be incredibly frustrating if they turn everyone heel except Roman because they are still clinging to... whatever it is that they want Roman to be. I don't know what it is anymore.

They booked Braun to involve himself in the main event of Summerslam to prevent fans from absolutely shitting on Roman vs Brock. They followed that up by turning the dude heel. What?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Braun Strowman is a heel now and will challenge Reigns for the title

Postby Messiah » Sep 16, '18, 11:54 pm

I didn’t watch so maybe it played out better on TV than I’m assuming, but the fact they thought ending a WWE Championship Hell in a Cell match as a No Contest seems like a spit in the face. How does a HIAC end as a no contest?

I mean Foley was the referee. Foley’s continued in Cell matches where he was thrown off and through cells. Is Lesnar more devastating than falling off a cell?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Sep 17, '18, 5:36 am

I heard that fans in the arena were chanting "This is Bullshit" immediately after the show went off the air, which is why they did it so fast. Ridiculous ending really. Also not sure why people are supposed to be excited about Lesnar being back in the title scene already, particularly considering what he did to it last time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 17, '18, 7:45 pm

Messiah wrote:I didn’t watch so maybe it played out better on TV than I’m assuming

It played out worse. Strowman and Reigns were having their match, Roman hits a Spear through a table. Both guys are down and then Ziggler/McIntyre and Rollins/Ambrose come down and start brawling outside and on top of the cell. Ziggler and Rollins threw themselves off the side of the cage through the announce tables. While all this is going on (seemed like about 10 minutes), Reigns and Strowman and just laying in the ring doing absolutely nothing. Camera isn't on them, they're forgotten.

Lesnar's music hits and Heyman pepper sprays Foley (who had done nothing else in this match up till this point) and Lesnar gets in the cage. Brock picks up Strowman and Reigns (who were STILL down) and lays them out with one F5 each. He then hits them a few times with pieces of the broken table, and that's it. The ref declares that both men are unable to compete and stops the match. The crowd boos. Show ends.

This is stupid on several levels. Throughout the entire PPV they kept showing clips of Foley falling off the cell in 1998 and what a hero he was for being able to continue the match. They promoted a Network special where Foley would talk about that match for like 20 minutes. Yet on the same night, they declare a Hell in a Cell match a "no contest" despite Strowman and Reigns going through 1/1000 what Foley went through. Reigns "could not compete" after one F5 despite kicking out of 5 of them at Wrestlemania. Strowman "could not compete" after one F5 despite being a monster that once walked away from an ambulance crash. Are you shitting me?

I expected some BS fuck finish like this would happen, because it was obvious that they want to protect both Reigns and Braun and would avoid letting either guy take a loss. Great. Why even have this match then? Nobody benefited from it, not even Brock because people were perfectly okay with not seeing him again for a long time. Foley being the ref was pointless. Braun looks like a fool for the second PPV in a row, and once again we have a world title match booked in a way that makes me just scratch my head. And that goes for this AJ vs Joe series too.

Jeff Hardy took a worse bump in his Hell in a Cell match earlier in the show and the referee wanted to stop that one too. But thankfully Orton demanded that he count the pinfall, and he did.

So it looks like we're heading for Roman vs Braun vs Brock in a triple threat in the near future. Or months from now when Brock shows up again and we've seen several pointless Braun/Roman singles matches. And if the triple threat does happen it'll probably end in triple countout or some shit, lol.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Sep 18, '18, 7:58 am

^^^ That triple threat was announced last night for something called the Crown Jewel which is the second Saudi Arabia PPV of the year on November 2.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE