It is currently: Mar 18, '24, 10:50 pm

Perfect Endings - SummerSlam 2018

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Perfect Endings - SummerSlam 2018

Postby The Legend » Aug 15, '18, 10:31 am

SummerSlam 2018

RAW Tag Championship: The B-Team (Axel & Dallas) vs The Revival (Dash & Dawson)
This match seems pretty simple to me. The Revival have toiled on the main roster for far too long and the B-Team schtick is already exhausting, they are like a bad New Day rip off without nearly the same amount of initial humor. After Axel & Dallas get a good showing early on, the Revival go old school and trap Dallas in their corner and make frequent tags as they wear him out. He gets close to making a hot tag, but fails, then the match ends when Dawson locks Dallas in a submission and Wilder cuts off Axel from making the save.

Mixed Tag Match: Rusev & Lana vs Almas & Vega
After a good back and forth match where all four are able to get some of their offense in, Aiden English comes down to help Rusev and Lana out of a predicament. Unlike past weeks, English is able to get the better of Almas and give Rusev the upper hand, but as Rusev thanks him, English turns and hits Rusev with a finisher

Cruiserweight Championship: Cedric Alexander ( c ) vs Drew Gulak
I’ll be honest, I don’t watch 205 Live, so I don’t have a great set up for this match. I will say from what I’ve seen, Drew Gulak is a more interesting and entertaining character than Alexander and probably should take the belt here in a pretty clean way after a good match by getting a tap out.

Singles Match: Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
I want to see this feud get some more mileage out of it before it comes to an end. I think it’d be fantastic for these two to fight in Hell In A Cell at next month’s PPV (probably the only feud going right now worth of that stipulation. I’d have Miz use a lot of cheap heel tactics to counter Bryan’s natural wrestling ability, then in the end grab the tights for a rollup win.

Singles match: Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin
Why are these two fighting? Just because one’s big and the other is small? This feud is ridiculous and has nothing more to offer. Balor needs to pick up the decisive win after a good match where he highlights his resiliency against the strong Corbin, after the Constable tries to bully him and takes him lightly through the match.

US Championship Match: Shinsuke Nakamura ( c ) vs Jeff Hardy
Nakamura needs to retain the belt and continue to develop his character as a threat to the roster. Randy Orton acting as the third wheel in this feud makes for an odd dynamic and one that I don’t think they can ignore. I’d have Orton attack Hardy early in the night before this match even gets ready to start. Leave Jeff wounded somehow, have the doctors advise Jeff and Paige that he shouldn’t wrestle, despite everyone telling Hardy to take the night off he insists in the match, but is clearly hobbled. He tries his best, but Nak is just quicker throughout the match and beats him up pretty good getting all of his offense in before getting the win.

SD Women’s Championship Triple Threat: Carmella ( c ) vs Charlotte vs Becky
So they’ve made a big deal about how Becky has struggled through tough times since becoming the first SD Women’s champion and how much this chance means to her. All sounds great, except her actions aren’t showing that. She needs to come out at SummerSlam and be desperate and willing to do whatever it takes to win. In the end she needs to cheat Charlotte to get the win and set up her first feud. Above all else, Charlotte cannot leave with the belt, she’s been a champion far too often and there’s nothing left for her to show in that scope right now.

Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler w/ Drew McIntyre ( c ) vs Seth Rollins w/ Dean Ambrose
I’m going to go with my Roundtable prediction here. This match shouldn’t have a clear end, it shouldn’t even really get started. Just have McIntyre attack Rollins, Ambrose intercedes to help Rollins and then all four men are just brawling, it leads to a fatal fourway HIAC match for the IC belt next month.

Winner becomes Mr. Money In The Bank: Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens
This match is perfect, Owens needs to briefcase and Strowman needs to lose it. The feud has some weird dynamics in it, they’ve made it too easy to forget that this fight started with Owens trying to recruit all the MITB guys together to take out Strowman and tried to end his career. Since then Strowman has rightfully been angry and tried to give Owens his receipt. They need to bring that all together in this match. Have Owens recruit someone to takeout Strowman with a weapon, but Strowman stops the attack, grabs the weapon and hits Owens with it, causing a DQ and giving Owens the briefcase.

SD Tag Championship: Bludgeon Bros ( c ) vs New Day
They should turn this match into a handicap match with all three New Day members allowed to compete. It doesn’t help however as the Bludgeon Bros still decimate all three members and decisively pick up the victory.

WWE Championship: A.J. Styles ( c ) vs Samoa Joe
Joe should take the belt off Styles, I’d have him continue the psychological warfare by using Styles family as a way to get inside his head. Styles gets out of control and goes for a high risk move that Joe turns into the Cucina clutch for the win.

RAW Women’s Championship: Alexa Bliss ( c ) vs Ronda Rousey
Rousey gets the win after snapping the armbar in against Bliss. She celebrates the win, before getting interrupted by Natalya who cuts a promo on Rousey to declare her contendership.

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar ( c ) vs Roman Reigns
Reigns beats Lesnar cleanly and whatever the crowd may do happens and they just finally decide to start Reigns’ championship run so we can all just see what kind of champion he is rather than predict what might be.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to WWE