It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:25 am

WWE Extending length of all PPV's

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE Extending length of all PPV's

Postby The Legend » May 27, '18, 7:05 am

The WWE is doing what they do best. When they can't improve their product and make it more interesting, they simply offer the customer more of the product and see what sticks. Every PPV going forward is now likely to start at 7 PM ET and go four hours. Rumble/Mania/SummerSlam/Survivor Series are all likely to push 5 hours in length.

https://cultaholic.com/news/wwe-to-change-lengths-of-their-ppvs/

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: WWE Extending length of all PPV's

Postby PorkChop » May 27, '18, 7:13 am

Quantity over quality is definitely what he fans want. When I go to the cinema, I'd definitely prefer to sit through a shit film for 5 hours than a great film for 3. Vince is a genius.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby KaiserGlider » May 27, '18, 1:09 pm

I'm feeling bad about the future of this product these days, despite the insane roster they have assembled. All these increases in show lengths, the Fox deal guaranteeing them a load of money, so many characters going nowhere... I think we're beginning to see a new era of how things are done, and I don't like it.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » May 27, '18, 2:18 pm

Jesus christ WHY

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » May 27, '18, 7:18 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:I'm feeling bad about the future of this product these days, despite the insane roster they have assembled. All these increases in show lengths, the Fox deal guaranteeing them a load of money, so many characters going nowhere... I think we're beginning to see a new era of how things are done, and I don't like it.

More content than ever, less happening than ever. WWE television isn't the worst it's ever been, but it's the most forgettable it's ever been, and that problem is only going to get more pronounced with their new television deals.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE