It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:47 pm

Two Royal Rumble records broken

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Two Royal Rumble records broken

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 28, '18, 12:00 am

Braun Strowman eliminated 13 men, breaking the previous record held by THE BIG DOG Roman Reigns

Daniel Bryan lasted 1:17, breaking the previous record held by Rey Mysterio in 2006.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Two Royal Rumble records broken

Postby Hanley! » Apr 28, '18, 7:43 am

I think it was too soon to beat Reigns' record. Because once they start going up to 14 and 15 guys when they want to break the Rumble record, it's going to start getting ridiculous.

Bryan's record essentially can't ever be broken under the typical Royal Rumble format, so he might keep that one forever. Which is odd to say the least.

I kinda hope they just ignore this show in terms of their official records, and treat it more like the house show that it basically was. Strowman and Bryan were absolutely the right two guys to put over in that match, but I still don't want to see them in the statistics video in January.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 29, '18, 4:19 pm

Hanley! wrote:I kinda hope they just ignore this show in terms of their official records, and treat it more like the house show that it basically was. Strowman and Bryan were absolutely the right two guys to put over in that match, but I still don't want to see them in the statistics video in January.

Why not? Strowman and Bryan deserve to have those accolades and the Rumble was a televised event with a big crowd. It would feel like a waste if they never mention it again. Especially to Bryan since he busted his ass in the match and got the hell beat out of him.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 29, '18, 6:03 pm

Because Bryan's record can basically never be beaten, and while I don't think they should be beating that sort of record regularly, it's good that the possibility is always there. It adds an extra element to the match.

Plus, ultimately this match didn't really matter and it wasn't for anything. The Royal Rumble match takes place at the second biggest pay per view of the year, and the winner earns a title shot at Wrestlemania. This match was so far below that in terms of significance that it barely counts.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE